Anyone in Georgia?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$41,488 with floor mats and cargo organizer.

I will opt for the 120/240 portable 3rd party charger option and carry around a dryer plug in the trunk. The trickle charger takes too long to be useful.

Already at 300 miles. Averaging 3.8 miles/kWh. Carwings screwed up my account though and they had to create me a new one, so I lost 3 days of trees. Darn!

I truly love flooring the car at a stop light - everybody does truly stand still. Not good for the range though. I have also had several people stop and ask questions. This is the wave of the future...

Anybody know of an extended battery option that Nissan might be working on? I'd pay for a 2x option - then I can forget about range anxiety!

Still loving the car,
Flash

We went to IKEA and parked at the Atlantic Station charging station yesterday. It's really nice and free until the end of the year... However, they'll start charging $3/hour in January which at 240V is a complete rip-off (cost comparable to driving an H2 or my Trooper), so I don't see anyone using it for anything but acts of desperation.

Once the nearby IKEA opens theirs then this nice place will be covered with weeds...

Anyway, when we came back a nice Volt was parked next to my LEAF :)

imag0447y.jpg

On Sunday (11/13) Carwings was enabled and I got my vin (15259). This morning my delivery date went from "month of November" to "week of December 23." I was the second person to order a car from Gwinnett Place. I can't believe I have to wait this long. I'd call Nissan, but I'm too pissed off right now.

Don
Ordered: 8/2/11
Silver SL

donm82 said:
On Sunday (11/13) Carwings was enabled and I got my vin (15259). This morning my delivery date went from "month of November" to "week of December 23." I was the second person to order a car from Gwinnett Place. I can't believe I have to wait this long. I'd call Nissan, but I'm too pissed off right now.

Don
Silver SL

It seems that cars with VINs in the upper 15100s and 15200s got delayed in shipment due to major typhoon in Japan on September 21st.

Although it could be argued that the fairest thing to do would have been to bump everyone to a later date, it seems that Nissan decided to keep the others on schedule and move the typhoon-delayed group to a much later shipment.

I think Nissan did the same thing last year when the Earth Quake and Tsunami hit. With similar reaction from the customer community. I think it is unfortunate that orders have been delayed, but is it really worth getting upset about? And doesn't having your VIN mean your car is on U.S. soil? Isn't that what I hear the west coast folks saying all the time?

I do understand the frustration, believe me. I was very frustrated when Nissan opened up reservations in the tier 1 states before allowing the other states to order. Ultimately I decided, since I didn't have any control over it, that it wasn't worth getting stressed about it.

I have been waiting to order since April 25 2010. New Hampshire is now able to order but I still can't, because of money issues. I had my plan all worked out; sell my house in NH, pay off (and close) most of the credit cards, move to Georgia (closer to the grandkids), buy a house in Georgia with a lower mortgage payment, lower taxes, etc, then order and buy my LEAF, and be free of gasoline. But plan that was thwarted when our buyer backed out of the deal for the NH house.

It will work out, hopefully sooner than later, but the waiting is the hard part. Maybe Nissan will be generous and let me have a LEAF because I am such a nice guy! :D Right... :eek:

donm82 said:
Don
Silver SL

That's truly messed up... I ordered my other LEAF on 8/28 and I had to cancel it yesterday because it's already here... I had the opposite wish for this one - I needed for it to come next year.

cracovian said:
donm82 said:
Don
Silver SL

That's truly messed up... I ordered my other LEAF on 8/28 and I had to cancel it yesterday because it's already here... I had the opposite wish for this one - I needed for it to come next year.

Maybe Don would like to pick up your orphan... :D

jimcmorr said:
And doesn't having your VIN mean your car is on U.S. soil? Isn't that what I hear the west coast folks saying all the time?
Apparently it does not mean it's on U.S. soil if you can believe Jason from "live chat" - http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2091&p=150697#p150697" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cracovian said:
donm82 said:
Don
Silver SL

So, where did you buy it from? I wouldn't mind getting a 2012 orphan. I'm really not that picky on the color either.

Don

jimcmorr said:
I think Nissan did the same thing last year when the Earth Quake and Tsunami hit. With similar reaction from the customer community. I think it is unfortunate that orders have been delayed, but is it really worth getting upset about? And doesn't having your VIN mean your car is on U.S. soil? Isn't that what I hear the west coast folks saying all the time?

I do understand the frustration, believe me. I was very frustrated when Nissan opened up reservations in the tier 1 states before allowing the other states to order. Ultimately I decided, since I didn't have any control over it, that it wasn't worth getting stressed about it.

I have been waiting to order since April 25 2010. New Hampshire is now able to order but I still can't, because of money issues. I had my plan all worked out; sell my house in NH, pay off (and close) most of the credit cards, move to Georgia (closer to the grandkids), buy a house in Georgia with a lower mortgage payment, lower taxes, etc, then order and buy my LEAF, and be free of gasoline. But plan that was thwarted when our buyer backed out of the deal for the NH house.

It will work out, hopefully sooner than later, but the waiting is the hard part. Maybe Nissan will be generous and let me have a LEAF because I am such a nice guy! :D Right... :eek:

I guess I'm not really upset, but I've contacted Nissan several times the last three weeks and they kept standing by their "month of November" delivery date. Someone should have known weeks ago I wouldn't be getting my car in November. They should be better at managing customer expectations.

Don

donm82 said:
I guess I'm not really upset, but I've contacted Nissan several times the last three weeks and they kept standing by their "month of November" delivery date. Someone should have known weeks ago I wouldn't be getting my car in November. They should be better at managing customer expectations.

Don

I agree with that statement. And I'm glad you aren't consumed by angst over this. Sounds like you might be able to take advantage of cracovian's orphan. Good luck with that! :D

donm82 said:

Don
Silver SL

A load of cars are being off loaded in Jacksonville from Hoegh Trident and I was told by Nissan CS that my car was on it back when it was loaded in Japan 30days ago. I got my vin and carwings after it was loaded in Japan via dashboard. I have a dashboard that says week of Nov 25th. when it actual had said week of Dec 1st up untill a few weeks ago. I also am going thu Gwinnett Nissian in Duluth Ga. They have not contacted me of any movement of delivery time, nor have I gotten any notifications from Nissian CS. Not sure how long it would take to process and ship to Atlanta from Jacksonville but I expect to get it by the 25th. i would nearly think that you car is on that ship with my vin number being 15788. It hold enough cars as well as they dropped some cars off in Galveston Texas on the way.

So far, things seem to be right on schedule, for those of us in the 15700s. I haven't seen any shuffling in my estimated arrival date, at all. Changed from "Month of December" to "Week of November 25th" way back on October 18th and hasn't budged since then.

However, like those who have already taken delivery of their 2012s (VINs in the 15000s and low 15100s), I think we got lucky.

My VIN is in the 15900s and similarly, it changed to "week of Dec 2nd" on Oct 28th and it has not moved yet. TWO WEEKS!!! :mrgreen:

amtoro said:
My VIN is in the 15900s and similarly, it changed to "week of Dec 2nd" on Oct 28th and it has not moved yet. TWO WEEKS!!! :mrgreen:

Gwenitte Nissan Emailed me they are getting 3 delivered this week and three next week, still don't know if mine is in that group yet.

Leaftogo1 said:
amtoro said:

Gwenitte Nissan Emailed me they are getting 3 delivered this week and three next week, still don't know if mine is in that group yet.

Please forgive me but it always amazes how you can botch the county name you live in in so many different ways and not one of them is ever correct... That hard to spell? Congrats on the LEAF though!

cracovian said:
Leaftogo1 said:
amtoro said:

Please forgive me but it always amazes how you can botch the county name you live in in so many different ways and not one of them is ever correct... That hard to spell? Congrats on the LEAF though!

Actually I am in Forsyth County, and type at low light levels on my lab top or Droid and have fat fingered nearly every thing I type, sic that no spell check here or on Twitter. LOL Especially twitter.

Why is it that Atlanta is getting all these Leafs?

I'm down here in Warner Robins, I reserved on 4/20/2010, submitted my RAQ July 2011, Had to teach the dealer how to respond so I could accept his offer on 8/11/2011.

I have a delivery date of Week of Dec 2, but still no VIN. Carwings is still not enabled. So why is mine not here? Why is the Atlanta area receiving all these Leafs and not middle GA? :evil:

N952JL said:
Why is it that Atlanta is getting all these Leafs?

I'm down here in Warner Robins, I reserved on 4/20/2010, submitted my RAQ July 2011, Had to teach the dealer how to respond so I could accept his offer on 8/11/2011.

I have a delivery date of Week of Dec 2, but still no VIN. Carwings is still not enabled. So why is mine not here? Why is the Atlanta area receiving all these Leafs and not middle GA? :evil:

Call and ask this guy what is up and see what he says:
Michael Nauth
Nissan LEAF/Telematics
Service Delivery Supervisor
877-664-2738

Back