Anyone here from TENNESSEE ???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azrich

We haven't heard about what is happened in the cities in Tennessee where the LEAF will be introduced. Is anyone on this forum from Tennessee?

What's happening?

Doesn't one need 'lextrixity and one of those "lapbook-thingies" to post on the 4-em? (giggle, sorry)

My wife taught elementry school in TN for 12 years. Go 100 miles east of Nashville, turn right, and go back 100 years, she would joke. But, a beautiful place, and some great folks.

Hi, Me, Me Me!

I'm from Knoxville, and took delivery May 26 from Ted Russell Nissan. I;m looking for other Knoxvillians to share Leaf experience.

Anyone in West Tennessee, (Memphis to the Tennessee River) that has ordered and received their Leaf as of yet? I have been given an estimated July delivery date (Medina, TN---near Jackson).

Chattanooga here.

I took delivery of my Cayenne Red LEAF on May 12 from Hunt Nissan.

Sorry I'm late in replying, but my wife and I have been out of town for two weeks--on airplanes, not the LEAF.

325 miles so far with 4 charges on my EV Project Blink charger.

LOVE THE CAR!

Steve

I got my Leaf on 9/12/11 and my parents got theirs on 9/13/11 from Ted Russell Nissan. I'm in Lenoir City and my parents are in South Knoxville.

Chester Ramsey
Nissan Leaf #8252 Brilliant Silver (Eco-Friendly by Land)
Corsair F-27 #129 Trimaran (Eco-Friendly by Sea)

Azrich said:
We haven't heard about what is happened in the cities in Tennessee where the LEAF will be introduced. Is anyone on this forum from Tennessee?

What's happening?
Nice solar charging stations to use

Nashville/Middle TN LEAF Gathering -- August 28th, 2011
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5252&start=40
uw97dh

Our delivery date is October 14. Our charger was installed on Tuesday and the electricians said they've installed about 50 in the Knoxville area...5 here in Blount County. I have yet to see a Leaf on the highway but my husband and son saw one in Maryville a few weeks ago. Where are all you folks hiding?

I'd love to hear from any of you who are located in the Knoxville area...what it's been like, what kinds of responses you've gotten, where the charging stations are located, etc. We are counting down the days...20 to go!

Hey everyone! Just joined; this is my first post.

@nanjaco: That Maryville Leaf may have been ours. We got our ocean blue Leaf on September 10th from Twin City Nissan in Alcoa, TN. Roger Wittman was a great salesman to work with! He loves the EV movement and was very enthusiastic about delivering another Leaf, not just selling another car.

We leased ours at $1,250 down, $390/month for 39 months with 15k per year. From what I've read it's a pretty good deal.

We are absolutely loving our Leaf!! It's my wife's car, really, for tooling around Maryville, taking the kids to school, soccer practice, etc, but whichever of us is driving the most each day takes it. Some days I drive to West Knoxville or Halls and I'll take the car if she is staying local. We try to save the most "household" gas that we can.

I ran the Tail of the Dragon in the Leaf on September 25th. It was 72 miles to the other end and back to my house, and the meter read 37 miles left! The Dragon was so perfect for the Leaf....moderate speeds and lots of coasting and braking...very easy to conserve and regenerate. However, I had my first bout of serious range anxiety about halfway through, with my son, out there in the middle of nowhere!

Away from home, I have only charged at work on 110v (I own the Sylvan Learning Centers in the area), but I discovered the following restaurants in Sevier County have chargers (which do not appear on Carwings, which is useless).

http://gatlinburgtncoc.weblinkconnect.com/CWT/External/WCPages/WCNews/NewsArticleDisplay.aspx?ArticleID=312" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I had my second bout of range anxiety when I drove to Oak Ridge this past weekend, planning to charge at a friend's house while we were out at a rifle range, but his house was 60 years old and the charger said "No Ground" when it was plugged in! We couldn't charge! My son and I made it home with 7 miles left on the car...had to drive quite slowly on the Pellissippi to make it. It was about 68 miles round trip.

We are really, really loving the car and the whole EV experience. The car gets a lot of positive attention and even a few sneers (this is talk radio country, after all), but it keeps people thinking and talking. I love that.

So hey Nashville peeps - what up! We blew into town last night. Haven't seen narry a Leaf yet. We're staying next to Opryland at the Windham (sp) time shares. Haven't found a crackerbarrel with a J1772 - yet. We tried to get Thrifty to rent us a Leaf . . . supposedly they had one. They said they had issues with it ... for example, only one dealer that the car had to be returned to if/when it died, etc. Well ... that was disappointing. did i hear right? ... that maybe the hospital (Vanderbuilt?) has a quick charger? We'll be here running around for a week. Here's hoping we'll see one of y'all-s cars somewhere runninig down Briley Pkwy!

Hi all!

I live in Johnson City, TN.

Got my Leaf on Tuesday (October 18, 2011)!

It's a 2011 Glacier Pearl SL orphan with, what I believe to be, every option available.

I LOVE IT!!!

Got it at Tri-Cities Nissan in Johnson City, TN.

Looking forward to participating in the EV Revolution!

Back