Anyone else get the message via carwings today to make appt

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Epi117

As i was starting to drive off, i got a audio message to call and make appt to bring car in.

Just had my six month check a month ago.

A lot of people have been getting the message, sometimes over and over again...
Best guess at this point is, assuming you have had the P3227 update, is that it is bogus...

Epi117 said:
As i was starting to drive off, i got a audio message to call and make appt to bring car in.
Just had my six month check a month ago.

Actually, there is such a thing Tom. It's in our Maintenance Guides: every 6 months or 7500 miles, you're supposed to at least rotate the tires, and if you fall into the "Severe Service" category certain inspections are supposed to be done.

I do agree with you that except for the tire rotation, it's unnecessary for most Leaf owners. Nissan's definitions of "Severe Service" are more designed for ICEVs, which need more frequent fluid changes when operated this way. However a couple of members have disagreed with me, saying that the checks should be done anyway. I took my chances and just had my dealer stick with the tire rotation, and had the software update done at the same time since I was there.

For those with a reasonable amount of car knowledge and minimal tools, this service can be done in one's own garage; no Nissan dealer involvement required. I could have done the tire rotation myself but since I had to go down there for the software update, I paid the $20 to have them do that (and so I don't have to get dirty myself).

TomT said:
It's a way for the dealer to separate you from your money. There is no such thing.

smkettner said:
What is a 6 month check? Is that new for 2013?

The severe schedule is a copy and paste hold over from the ICE days. No one with a Leaf actually fits the severe schedule so it can be ignored. As far as tire rotation, that is up to you as to whether or not you actually want to do it - as with any other car - and it can be done anywhere else in any event...

RonDawg said:
Actually, there is such a thing Tom. It's in our Maintenance Guides: every 6 months or 7500 miles, you're supposed to at least rotate the tires, and if you fall into the "Severe Service" category certain inspections are supposed to be done.

6th month check, tire rotation, some pep are a bit anal about....

Car wings message was for sensor inspection. Took it in today, they will check the batch code on your sensors and replace if needed.

Mine did not need replacing, free car wash, and charge, my dealer is right next to my train stop , so worked out perfectly, will pick up on way home

TomT said:
The severe schedule is a copy and paste hold over from the ICE days. No one with a Leaf actually fits the severe schedule so it can be ignored. As far as tire rotation, that is up to you as to whether or not you actually want to do it - as with any other car - and it can be done anywhere else in any event...

If you're leasing, are you required to have proof that the service was completed?

I don't know of anyone who has ever been asked to provide such proof on a lease turn-in on any vehicle... In any event, about the only true requirement for a leaf is the annual battery inspection and a brake fluid flush every two years or so...

pkulak said:
If you're leasing, are you required to have proof that the service was completed?

pkulak said:

The last time I leased (also through NMAC) I was never asked for such proof.

TomT said:
about the only true requirement for a leaf is the annual battery inspection and a brake fluid flush every two years or so...

And on the opposite end of the scale from those who disagreed with me and thought the "severe service" schedule should be followed by Leaf owners who drive in the city are those who think a bi-ennial brake flush is overkill. However I have seen that recommendation elsewhere, including by Motor Week's Pat Goss.

Hey, it is their money! If they want to throw it away, more power to them!
By the way, I'm not a big fan of Pat Goss...

RonDawg said:
TomT said:
about the only true requirement for a leaf is the annual battery inspection and a brake fluid flush every two years or so...
And on the opposite end of the scale from those who disagreed with me and thought the "severe service" schedule should be followed by Leaf owners who drive in the city are those who think a bi-ennial brake flush is overkill. However I have seen that recommendation elsewhere, including by Motor Week's Pat Goss.

TomT said:
Which sensor? FYI, I never received a message...

Epi117 said:
Car wings message was for sensor inspection. Took it in today, they will check the batch code on your sensors and replace if needed.

I will post pic or paperwork when i get car.pretty sure he said sensor , want to say motion sensor but i may be thinking of iphone.

TomT said:
Which sensor? FYI, I never received a message...

Epi117 said:

It may be the passenger seat air bag sensor...had mine checked with the recall.

Service reads:

7643 OCS recall pc215 0.20
Performed ocs sensor recall pc215, inspect both ocs sensor code.

Both sensors were ok, no repairs needed.

Per service bulletin NTB13034A

Yep, that is the seat Occupant Sensor recall...

Epi117 said:
Service reads:

7643 OCS recall pc215 0.20
Performed ocs sensor recall pc215, inspect both ocs sensor code.

Both sensors were ok, no repairs needed.

Per service bulletin NTB13034A

Back