Any way to disable auto window?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XeonPony said:
I hate that hell forsaken thing! when I go to adjust the window height it does exactly what I didn't bloody want!

Is there a way to kill it? Thanks.

You re-enable it by keeping the switch going for 3 seconds once the window is all the way up, so perhaps the answer is to do the same thing when the window is all the way down. Or disconnect the 12V battery for a few minutes, that's been known to take care of it in the past.

I'd have to read the owners manual again to see if any better suggestions exist.

XeonPony said:
I hate that hell forsaken thing! when I go to adjust the window height it does exactly what I didn't bloody want!

Is there a way to kill it? Thanks.
A light push/pull on the button will adjust window to desired height, if you push/pull harder it will go into auto mode (full open or close). You can feel the second click. I agree it moves pretty fast and is hard to get the window to stay open just a crack for air. :?

Is the mechanism in the switch? Maybe i could mod it and add the same guts as the drivers switch?

Or get a switch guts from the non auto switch and that might work. I just might have to pull that sucker apart. I open abd close both windows 50 times a day (literally) each. When not using heat or ac being able to auto up and down both would be amazing :)

Back