any tips driving from Los ANgeles to Palm Springs?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjlove

hi, week old new leaf user. loving it. thinking of trying to drive to palm springs. heard someone blogged about the drive but cant find anything. any tips. thanks

jjlove said:
hi, week old new leaf user. loving it. thinking of trying to drive to palm springs. heard someone blogged about the drive but cant find anything. any tips. thanks

Do you have CHAdeMO?

I haven't done this in a Leaf, but I do go to PS quite frequently so I'm familiar with the route.

PlugShare shows no CHAdeMO stations east of Fontana along I-210; the ones in Riverside and San Bernardino show to be off-line and are possibly broken.

It's 64.5 miles from there to Palm Springs, but due to the grade around the Calimesa/Yucaipa area, you may need to stop at the Walgreens in Beaumont for a top up.

You'll need to leave Palm Springs on a full charge and then fully top up at Beaumont, as it's uphill (800 foot net elevation gain) pretty much all the way back to Fontana. Beaumont itself is at 2600 or so feet.

I know they have installed a level 3 at a 7-Eleven on Waterman exit at Hospitality off of I-10 in San Bernardino, but I haven't used it yet. East of Redlands, things get a little light. There is a level 2 as mentioned at a Walgreens in Beaumont and I think that's pretty much it until you get in Palm Springs.

RonDawg, Dave K thanks for the really helpful info.
not sure i will try it this trip. but maybe investigate the route and see how it would go.

will report in if i do. thanks again

Back