Any of you early adopters leave scathing reviews?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caffeinekid

Just turned in our last 2011 Leaf. Got hit with road rash charges and the disposition fee. Overall, the ownership experience was not a pleasant one due to the premature degradation. As a result, we were only able to use 39K out of the available 45K miles that we paid for due to the lack of capacity (and the cumbersome nature of having to wait while charging so frequently). I guess my ultimate opinion on the matter is that Nissan should have been making concessions for those who were screwed by their sub-par traction batteries; concessions such as waiving disposition fees or offering some sort of ATTRACTIVE incentive to re-up with their product other than not being hit with their "Gotcha!" mandatory turn in fees. Instead, nothing. Oh. Well, I guess there was the infamous $2000 off of the $15K residual, bringing the price to a quite reasonable $5-6K over wholesale.

Anyway, when I received the Nissan Experience Survey, I was sure to let them know. You know....in the off-chance that anyone at Nissan really gives a flying poke through a rolling donut. I figured I would avoid the candy coating.

Did any of you (still active here obviously) do the same?

I guess my ultimate opinion on the matter is that Nissan should have been making concessions for those who were screwed by their sub-par traction batteries; concessions such as waiving disposition fees or offering some sort of ATTRACTIVE incentive to re-up with their product other than not being hit with their "Gotcha!" mandatory turn in fees. Instead, nothing.

I don't disagree with you: if I had payed through the nose for a Gen I Leaf and then seen the range collapse, I'd feel the same. You didn't mention the VPP discount for leasing or buying again, though, which is worth at least $1k. All Nissan had to do was double this for gen I Leaf owners/lessees, and it would have helped. That, and of course giving a better warranty on the 2013+ pack, which they clearly improved if only to eliminate warranty claims...

By the time you got your 2014 Leaf, you should have been well aware of the car's limitations, both expected and not expected (or possibly not disclosed by Nissan). Yet you got a third one anyway...

Back