Any news on Android app?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lemketron said:
GroundLoop said:
I ended up writing my own web page that spoofs the same signals to the server.
Uh-oh... How often does your web page hit the server anyway? :eek:
Only once, when requested.. same as their Javascript-happy page.

My web page has three links:
Update Status
Fan ON
Fan OFF

That's it. Click one of the three and it's done. I may not be reaching Critical Mass with my mad text HTML skills, but hey, Blackberry can use it.

Maybe Nissan is waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S II NFC edition to release the Android app with automatic proximity door unlocking via phone's NFC :p or is it not hardware compatible at all?

Hello LEAF fans

Don't you think it's about time to have the Android app available by now ... :( :(

Come on NiSSAN...why are you taking so long on this ?

ruimegas said:
Hello LEAF fans

Don't you think it's about time to have the Android app available by now ... :( :(

Come on NiSSAN...why are you taking so long on this ?
Well, they haven't even made the mobile website work on WP7 yet ....

defiancecp said:
3% vs 30% - and android was assured to be in construction right from the start.
Not talking about a WP7 app - just to make sure the normal website gets forwarded to the right mobile website address.

lemketron said:
lc96 said:
Have Palm Pre and love webos, but I will need a new phone this year and was planning on Android due to the potential Leaf app.
I have the LEAF app on my iPod touch but it doesn't really seem to do all that much; in fact, the only thing I actually use it for is checking the charge level (I don't pre-heat or pre-cool the car, and have my charge timer set to auto-charge to 80% from 12am to 12am).

I found that it was easy enough to save a bookmark on my Palm Pre 2 to the Nissan web page, where I simply enter my password, tap login, tap "View Leaf Status", and then hit the "refresh" icon to get status from the car. Oddly enough, the iOS app usually requires you to re-login, and always requires you to manually "refresh" to get status, so the overall process really isn't much different. This approach would probably work for Android users as well.

Anyway, here's the URL; save it as a launchable bookmark in your phone's Launcher for easy access:
https://www.nissanusa.com/owners/login

On a related note, did someone report back that they had figured out the API to interact with the nissanusa web site? If so, we should be able to create a webOS app easy enough...

Well, it seems to work from my Droid Charge. I'll have my wife try my phone and see if I can put her back in a Droid. The only reason I got her an iPhone si because her car came in. She hates it, and I want the D3 or Bionic, so if my DCharge will work, I'll give it to her and get one of those two phones ;-)

Back