Anti EV Crusader

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolfilmaker

The building manager at my mom's office is a psychotic asshole and shuts off power to the level 2 charger at her office all the time. He also shuts off all of the nema 5-15 outlets in the garage too. He makes up lies to explain to his bosses why it doesn't work and right now he's wasting about an hour of my mom's time per day.

He began shutting it off frequently and just saying that "it was broken". The most recent excuse is that the fuse is blown. However, this is a charger that does not have a fuse in it. My mother is the president of her company and he's wasting hours of her time. I hate him so much.

I'm getting to the point where I'm ready to punch this asshole in the face. Can anyone think of any alternatives?

smkettner said:
coolfilmaker said:
They rent space in the building.

Check is in the mail..... now where is that electricity?

The functionality of the charger was not included in the lease. They just assumed that since it was installed they wouldn't shut if off randomly to be mean.

If this is just some politically minded a-hole that hates EV's, there's probably not a lot you can do. If he thinks you're using too much power, offer to pay $50 a month for the power.

That should keep the power flowing.

coolfilmaker said:
smkettner said:
coolfilmaker said:
They rent space in the building.

Check is in the mail..... now where is that electricity?

The functionality of the charger was not included in the lease. They just assumed that since it was installed they wouldn't shut if off randomly to be mean.
It was there and functionality was assumed when the lease was signed. Front door, sidewalks etc probably not stated either but there would be issues if removed or did not function or were blocked etc. President of a company needs to put the pressure on this landlord.

Is it really the building-landowner owner himself or some flunky agent or manager?

Sounds like breach of contract at best, or even criminal tampering. Besides the possible civil and criminal penalties, I don't think he'd be very successful as a property manager after prosecution. A frank discussion of the legal consequences might cool his jets.

I assume there is some evidence that he's actually manually causing this and there really isn't some sort of electrical problem?

This is an issue that needs to be handled between your mom(tenant/business president) and the property owner, not the middle man who is overstepping his boundary.

Ian B

Hope your mom works it out and you don't have to hit the d-bag.

smkettner said:
It was there and functionality was assumed when the lease was signed. Front door, sidewalks etc probably not stated either but there would be issues if removed or did not function or were blocked etc. President of a company needs to put the pressure on this landlord.

Is it really the building-landowner owner himself or some flunky agent or manager?

It's the building manager. There are many levels of people above him, but they are afraid of him because he keeps things together.

That is a good point about assumptions. If we can say that there was an assumption that the building would be maintained in the state it was in when the lease was signed we might have a case. I'm not sure what is in the lease though.

Nubo said:
Sounds like breach of contract at best, or even criminal tampering. Besides the possible civil and criminal penalties, I don't think he'd be very successful as a property manager after prosecution. A frank discussion of the legal consequences might cool his jets.

I assume there is some evidence that he's actually manually causing this and there really isn't some sort of electrical problem?

Unfortunately the guy's been managing the building for something like two decades. He just flips the breaker in a locked room somewhere and comes up with another excuse. No one gives a **** probably because most people seem to subtly dislike electric cars. I'm sure they just mentally add this to the list of reasons they shouldn't get an electric car.

I would go right to the building owner. Skip past all the middle people. Turning off breakers is not keeping things running.

That manager is a menacing bully and needs to be called out. More likely the owners are looking for a good reason to fire him as I doubt this is the first or only issue.

Possibly this is sexual harrassment and could be a criminal case.

smkettner said:
I would go right to the building owner. Skip past all the middle people. Turning off breakers is not keeping things running.

That manager is a menacing bully and needs to be called out. More likely the owners are looking for a good reason to fire him as I doubt this is the first or only issue.

The problem is that he is the only person who can keep the building running. They look the other way. Most of them aren't even paying attention. They don't know what he does and they like it that way. Their whole operation would fall apart without him. I don't think it would be a criminal case but he does have serious problems and should have been fired.

coolfilmaker said:
smkettner said:

The problem is that he is the only person who can keep the building running. They look the other way. Most of them aren't even paying attention. They don't know what he does and they like it that way. Their whole operation would fall apart without him. I don't think it would be a criminal case but he does have serious problems and should have been fired.

Sorry but saying that he is the only person that can keep the building running is far fetched, his job is not astro physics or brain surgeon. There are tons of unemployed building managers that can replace the d-bag in a heart beat. Do not let him bully his way as he is not above reproach by the building owners if the people making payments to the owner complain about him.

Ian B

coolfilmaker said:
smkettner said:

Well if you keep insisting there's no other way, you'll just have to ahead and slug him. Hope you like institutional cooking...

coolfilmaker said:
Who's side are you on? Now you are making excuses and feeling sorry for him?
The world will turn just fine with or without him. Go to the owner, if they will not talk send a demand letter with the October rent. No action by next month start withholding $500+ with an explanation.

smkettner said:
coolfilmaker said:
Who's side are you on? Now you are making excuses and feeling sorry for him?
The world will turn just fine with or without him. Go to the owner, if they will not talk send a demand letter with the October rent. No action by next month start withholding $500+ with an explanation.

You're completely right. Unfortunately they're doing even worse things right now then this. I guess if a seemingly well maintained building is leasing it's space for a lot less than other comparable places there's a reason.

coolfilmaker said:
The building manager at my mom's office is a psychotic asshole and shuts off power to the level 2 charger at her office all the time. He also shuts off all of the nema 5-15 outlets in the garage too. He makes up lies to explain to his bosses why it doesn't work and right now he's wasting about an hour of my mom's time per day.

He began shutting it off frequently and just saying that "it was broken". The most recent excuse is that the fuse is blown. However, this is a charger that does not have a fuse in it. My mother is the president of her company and he's wasting hours of her time. I hate him so much.

I'm getting to the point where I'm ready to punch this asshole in the face. Can anyone think of any alternatives?

kubel is an armed defender. talk to him about having a discussion with the fellow.

sounds like there are a lot of assumptions running rampant here. when this L2 does break, how does it get fixed? or does it just magically fix itself?

your mother needs to push the issue and keep pushing until the issue is over the edge of the cliff. plain as that

Latest posts

Back