An aftermarket kit to improve charging to 6.6kW

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a like new Brusa programmed for a LEAF and an adapter plate I made as I'm not using it anymore. I would sell the programmed charger and plate for $1100. I'm not going to provide tech support or directions so consider the adapter plate as a bonus but the Brusa is all set up for use on a 2011-12 LEAF and worked great on mine. The charge has the mains cable to connect to the car and a pigtail to connect to the J1772 or to a second AC line. Send me a PM if interested.

Roadburner440 said:
I wanted to do this mod but more so than money the main thing that stopped me was the fact of having to cleanly tap the high voltage lines as said above. If I lived in CA where some of these guys were I would have gladly paid to have my car done and necessary kit. I just do not have the tools/skill set to do it myself. However with the recent rise of Chademo chargers in my area my want/need for 6.6 charging is a lot less than it was before the stations started proliferating. I know Phil said his installation was a plug and play with no splicing of wires. Maybe one day if something like that comes out on the open market I will do the install. Till then I will take the advice in this thread and keep my monkey paws off of the wiring. :oops:

There is not need to splice the HV lines it was bolt on.. If you are not experienced in EV HV then you should get help of someone that is as you mention.

More specifically, the charger is located in the hump behind the back seat. A higher capacity charger will almost certainly be physically larger. Can it be configured to fit inside that hump? Maybe, maybe not. Rumor has it that Nissan isn't even going to try, and will relocate the larger charger to the front of the car. Can you imagine trying to reconfigure the "engine" compartment of an existing car to accommodate an additional component like that?

Not to mention that the charger is water cooled and uses some very hefty electric cables. The larger charger will need more cooling. Is the existing system adequate for that? Probably, but who knows. It will definitely need larger cables running back to it from the charge port at the very front of the car. Not only are these expensive, but will there be room in the existing channels for the larger diameter wires?

Of course it's doable, at a price. How many thousands of dollars are you willing to spend, and how many others can you find willing to spend those amounts so that there is a viable business plan for the product?

Ray
Thx. Sounds way too much work to be worthwhile. Best we can hope for is the ccs2 to chademo adapters become more widely compatible and cheaper.

There’s early adopters out there trying the new adapters and working with the manufacturers to improve compatibility. See Dala and others posts on this.

Back