Amended Settlement in Klee v. Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sub3marathonman said:
A bit of an old topic, but I was wondering if the Klee settlement said anything specific about going over the 5 year, 60K warranty coverage while waiting for the replacement battery, which of course would have been verified during the warranty coverage peroid.

I'm pretty sure it would have happened to somebody by now, but on the other hand, I want to make sure it doesn't happen to me, :oops:

I'll be at 59980 or so when I have the warranty verification. I've scheduled the appointment for tomorrow. It is just a question if that 8th capacity square will drop today. :eek:

If I'm understanding you correctly, that was my situation. I lost my 4th capacity bar at 58,995 miles and immediately took it into my local dealer to have the loss verified. They then let me have my LEAF back while they ordered the battery. By the time it came in (about 4 weeks later), I was over the 60,000 mile mark, but since they had documented proof of the 4th bar loss, I was covered.

But it sounds like you haven't actually lost the 4th bar yet. If that's the case, based on other feedback here, Nissan has been very hard-nosed about the warranty - even those who lost the 4th bar a month or two after the 60,000 mile mark (or 5-year mark) are having their claims rejected.

Good luck!

When I lost my fourth bar at 59,987 miles and had it towed to the dealer, they were adamant about my not driving it even after they verified the loss and they immediately gave me a loaner. It took 5 weeks for the battery to come in and the replacement to be completed...

ahagge said:
But it sounds like you haven't actually lost the 4th bar yet. If that's the case, based on other feedback here, Nissan has been very hard-nosed about the warranty - even those who lost the 4th bar a month or two after the 60,000 mile mark (or 5-year mark) are having their claims rejected.

sub3marathonman said:
A bit of an old topic, but I was wondering if the Klee settlement said anything specific about going over the 5 year, 60K warranty coverage while waiting for the replacement battery, which of course would have been verified during the warranty coverage peroid.

I'm pretty sure it would have happened to somebody by now, but on the other hand, I want to make sure it doesn't happen to me, :oops:

I'll be at 59980 or so when I have the warranty verification. I've scheduled the appointment for tomorrow. It is just a question if that 8th capacity square will drop today. :eek:

there have been several. after you are approved for the replacement, it pretty much no longer matters since any subsequent replacement would still fall under the original in service date and mileage.

mwalsh said:
smkettner said:
Evoforce said:
You are the first one that I have heard getting it so far. I wish I could get a couple.
Got mine today. Sorry the LEAF is already gone :( .

Send "No Longer an Owner" part of form and EZ CHARGE card back and get $50 check instead.

For me (I got mine today too)...transfer car to wife; send card and "No Longer an Owner" form back; get check; buy beer? I'm still working on the original $25 I put on my Chargepoint card 5 years ago, so I'm sure as hell unlikely to use $50 in just 90 days!

Edit: Never mind...just read the fine print some more...you would have had to not be an owner back in July of last year.

Well, as expected I didn't get much use out of my EZ CHARGE card. Actually, I didn't get any use out of it at all.

Between a 10 mile commute, and (currently) no time to do anything beyond work, eat, and sleep (which is why I haven't been on here much recently), I simply have had no reason to DCQC. Actually, I haven't had any reason to charge beyond 80% either.

$50 for beer would have been much, much better!

I only used the NCTC card once while it was active.

I do use DCFC a lot, my DCFC counter is at 732 right now. Fast charge every weekday. I'm uniquely fortunate in that I get to do so at no cost at Nissan HQ. The only site I know of that has multiple units so I always get a charge when I need one, that's the good news, the bad news is that I always need one thanks to my SOH being 59.

Next month my office will move to downtown Nashville where I will have access to a L2 EVSE. First time I'll be able to charge at work in over 5 years of ownership!! Yoo Hoo!!

Same here. Nissan assumed that since I was in California, I wanted the NCTC card. I sent in the form explaining that I couldn't use it... no chargers within range... so I wanted the $50. Never heard another word.

My Leaf's down to about 58% capacity. 38.62 Ahr. 47K miles. It'll be donated to charity in a month or so when Its range drops below my commute. Or I get tired of being unable to use heater. Looking forward to using the Prius!

-karl

mwalsh said:
Well, as expected I didn't get much use out of my EZ CHARGE card. Actually, I didn't get any use out of it at all.

Between a 10 mile commute, and (currently) no time to do anything beyond work, eat, and sleep (which is why I haven't been on here much recently), I simply have had no reason to DCQC. Actually, I haven't had any reason to charge beyond 80% either.

$50 for beer would have been much, much better!

Class-action suits exist to compensate lawyers. Interestingly they get paid in dollars instead of cards, discounts, or tokens.

edatoakrun said:
TomT said:
Well, at least you got something... I never got either!
You got yourself a new battery, didn't you?

I opted out of the settlement, but a new pack is probably the most I'll ever demand from Nissan.
Settlement should have been the larger battery that actually went 100 miles in normal conditions.
Card was just some grease to turn the wheels and get the attorneys paid.

smkettner said:
edatoakrun said:
TomT said:
Well, at least you got something... I never got either!
You got yourself a new battery, didn't you?

I opted out of the settlement, but a new pack is probably the most I'll ever demand from Nissan.
Settlement should have been the larger battery that actually went 100 miles in normal conditions.
Card was just some grease to turn the wheels and get the attorneys paid.

It was also a scam with the charge network that provided access with the card, because to even enable and use the card you were required to sign up and set up an account with them.

[tin foil hat] Charge network provided all the cost and Nissan was out nothing with this settlement. $50/customer is nothing for the network[/tin foil hat]

You folks that could not use the charge card, did not get a charge card, or did not get the $50 (beer money) should start a class action against the plaintiff attorneys and Nissan. I cannot participate because I opted out of the original settlement (after already getting my rep!acement traction battery under the warranty sent out by Nissan before the initial class action notification was sent by the attorneys) and I did not respond to the offer to opt back in because the 2011 was history. I received a NCTC card valid for 2 years when I purchased the 2015 which I have used, but 90 days was an unrealistic limitation to minimize the use of any cards they actually sent out to class members.

Gerry

I got the card and used more than $50 worth PER MONTH... but then again, it only created a situation where I am now short on miles for the remaining 3 months on my lease but in my rough estimation, I also collected an additional $600 from work in mileage reimbursement for ZERO cost in fuel... so yeah, there is almost always a way to make it work... :)

Naw, at this point it is just a bad memory and I long ago moved on...

GerryAZ said:
You folks that could not use the charge card, did not get a charge card, or did not get the $50 (beer money) should start a class action against the plaintiff attorneys and Nissan.

Are No Charge cardfs still being sent out? They are useless in my market area (Fort Bragg, NC) but the Army is moving us to Colorado and between the Springs and Denver, there are NRGEV stations everywhere.

BradFoxUS said:
Are No Charge cardfs still being sent out? They are useless in my market area (Fort Bragg, NC) but the Army is moving us to Colorado and between the Springs and Denver, there are NRGEV stations everywhere.

that ship sailed long ago

DaveinOlyWA said:
BradFoxUS said:

that ship sailed long ago

Darn, that sucks. A card was never sent, nor a $50 check. Looks like I'll have to email the coordinator. Honestly, with the BMW i3, they are offering $99 for unlimited DC charging after the free 2 year period using the same Charge-Now system as Nissan. I would be on that boat in a heartbeat.

Back