AmazingE ESVE?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nubo said:
Sometimes searching Amazon for some mundane item I'll run across things listing for 10x, 20x, even 100x the normal selling price. Weird. No idea what kind of games are going on there. :?

I see that on occasion as well. I figured either the pricing algorithm went berserk or the company really didn't have the product on hand at the moment so they priced themselves out of the market. The only other thing I've come up with is it might be a money laundering scheme. Probably easier to launder money through Amazon or Ebay than a restaurant or a bar. I've been told big money is laundered through commercial real estate nowadays but smaller amounts still go through small businesses.

Price jumped to $369 today. Was still $262 yesterday. Not sure if we should blame sunspot activity, big oil money, or Russian hackers.

Just say no.

Tesla is selling there new portable charger for 300 bucks and that includes a couple of adapters for different wall receptacles. Couple that with an adapter to go from the Tesla plug to the J1772 and you would have a pretty nice EVSE. (That adaper is about 200 bucks though) Or just cut the Tesla plug off and put a J1772 plug on. ABout the same as the Amzing evse at 369.

Just saying.

Darryl said:
webeleafowners said:
Tesla is selling there new portable charger for 300 bucks and that includes a couple of adapters for different wall receptacles.

It took me a minute to find the info on these, so I thought I would share:

https://electrek.co/2017/12/15/tesla-cheaper-next-gen-mobile-connector-model-3-s-x/

https://shop.tesla.com/us/en/produc...mobile-connector-bundle.html?sku=1139373-00-A

Thanks for posting the links. If one is okay with spending the extra money for the Tesla adapter (or if you already have one like us...they are handy) the EVSE is a pretty good deal.

FYI, the AmazingE is now being sold directly from their website for $219, supposedly as an introductory price, "regular price" is $279: https://store.amazing-e.com/level-2-charging-station-16-amp-amazinge

I inquired about shipping, which was $13 to Los Angeles. Plus sales tax in California.

Previously, all sales were exclusively through Amazon and the price jumped up & around wildly, often above $300. Currently listed there for $279.

I have this EVSE and it works fine.

Prices have come way down. I paid over $300 with shipping. The same cable is $125 from TusanEV. Like everything prices cone down. I paid $1000 for a 16A Litt0n EVSE for my 2012 Leaf. Now Clipper Creek has good prices. I make 32A OpemEVSE's for under $350.w with metering. Prices on eBay from China are incredible. Granted it takes a while but the end result is worth it. I buy MID400's for a tenth of what Digikey charges. Very similar to the lowest prices around. Obviously the China sellers are happy with a low profit.

smkettner said:
I try to stay away from any item marketed with "amazing" "smart" or "limited edition" or any similar nonsense.

Or products where Amazon reviews are bought, this is very common now, I get offers (bribes) to give a good review on Amazon often. Sadly this is happening on ebay now too where accurate negative feedback is being erased with nothing but excuses from ebay customer support. I have had this happen twice. Seems reviews are in many cases BS or related to low prices and payoffs now.

EVDRIVER said:
smkettner said:
I try to stay away from any item marketed with "amazing" "smart" or "limited edition" or any similar nonsense.

Or products where Amazon reviews are bought, this is very common now, I get offers (bribes) to give a good review on Amazon often. Sadly this is happening on ebay now too where accurate negative feedback is being erased with nothing but excuses from ebay customer support. I have had this happen twice. Seems reviews are in many cases BS or related to low prices and payoffs now. Regardless I won't buy 100% Chinese made products that are rebranded from a couple factories and sold by many vendors under different names.

Randy said:
$219 from the Amazing-E (Clipper) web store...

https://store.amazing-e.com/

What is a Clipper? I hope that is not a reference to Clipper Creek.

And what is amazing about 16 amps? Very slow and actually NOT amazing. My car needs 40.

smkettner said:
Randy said:
$219 from the Amazing-E (Clipper) web store...

https://store.amazing-e.com/

What is a Clipper? I hope that is not a reference to Clipper Creek.

And what is amazing about 16 amps? Very slow and actually NOT amazing. My car needs 40.

I typed Clipper in parenthesis because the unit was designed by Clipper Creek, the electronics are made by Clipper Creek, the unit is sold by Clipper Creek, is supported by Clipper Creek (the 800 number is theirs), and the case is made by Delphi. There are a lot of cars out there that will only charge at 16 amps, and this is a well-made UL Listed EVSE by a respected player in the EVSE business. I would buy this unit to charge a 16 amp car before I would buy a Chinese non-safety certified unit...

smkettner said:

Good for you. Turns out 16A is plenty for my 3.6 kW OBC. A 40A charger would be overkill.

Agreed, the term "Amazing" and the superheroine shtick is cheesy. But for a quality Clipper Creek board and UL certification, $220 is the best price around.

Nonsense? Not sure why you allow yourself get so worked up over things that don't even concern you. If AmazingE made a high-quality 40A unit that cost one-third less than comparable units, perhaps you would be seduced by the Amazing side.

Back