All windows except driver's unresponsive to controls

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oradebug

I'll admit after 7 trouble-free months driving my Leaf every day, I have developed a feeling that the vehicle is almost fail-proof. That is, if something isn't working right, it is probably something I am doing, and not a problem with the car.

Starting three days ago, all windows besides the driver's window are totally unresponsive to all controls. I felt sure I was doing something wrong. But now I think there's a real failure. Thank goodness they are in the closed position. I'm taking it in to Campbell-Nelson next week. Any thoughts?

Jeremiah

This should be a simple fix. You probably turned on the child safety window locks, which is a button just above the driver's window switch. Press this button again and all the other windows should start working again.

Just went to my leaf to confirm what you have done. You have pressed the lock window feature causing all but the drivers window to become inoperative. :lol:

This feature should only turn off all the window switches EXCEPT the driver side. Not sure why they also have to turn that one off. :roll:

trentr said:
This feature should only turn off all the window switches EXCEPT the driver side. Not sure why they also have to turn that one off. :roll:

It doesn't. The driver's window still operates. :roll:

OK, I'm not sure I'm qualified to operate a motor vehicle after this. Of course that was the problem (if you can call it that). What is simpler, signing up for and posting on an Internet forum, or looking carefully one more time at the window controls? Now how do I work these cotton pickin' pay & display parking meter contraptions?

Jeremiah

kovalb said:
trentr said:

It doesn't. The driver's window still operates. :roll:

What I meant is that the driver should still be able to operate the passenger windows even when safety switch is turned on. Unfortunately, even the driver can't open the passenger windows. What a useless feature, imho.

oradebug said:
OK, I'm not sure I'm qualified to operate a motor vehicle after this. Of course that was the problem (if you can call it that). What is simpler, signing up for and posting on an Internet forum, or looking carefully one more time at the window controls? Now how do I work these cotton pickin' pay & display parking meter contraptions?

Jeremiah

it is better to post it here. if you did it, others have too (probably some of the ones that posted here!) and they reading this will allow them to not have to go thru the embarrassment you went thru which is really only self perceived.

the only "stupid" question is the one not asked.

I've hit that button once or twice by mistake myself. I think it would've been better if the "lock" button was a different shape than the other window buttons, especially given that it's not illuminated.

trentr said:
What I meant is that the driver should still be able to operate the passenger windows even when safety switch is turned on. Unfortunately, even the driver can't open the passenger windows. What a useless feature, imho.

I would love to disable only passenger controls also. The only time I really have any use for this feature is if there are kids in the car that play with the window lifts and refuse to listen when I tell them to stop. If I lock the windows they will be in whatever position they were in at that moment, and I can't open or close them without giving the brats^H^H^H^H kids access to mess it up again.

Feels like the lock switch was simply placed "on the wrong side of the drivers control panel". :roll:

Back