Add aftermarket quick charge CHAdeMO port

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bigbearballs said:
Does this car not have QC even as an 2013 SL? http://floridafinecars.com/CarsForSale/NISSAN-LEAF-2013-HOLLYWOOD-FL-Stock=71484/HOLLYWOOD

If it's a 2013 SL it should come standard with a QC charger.

S model standard 3.6 kW onboard charger with
SV model standard with 6.6 kW onboard charger , optional QC
SL model standard with 6.6 kW onboard charger w/QC Standard

*Quick-Charge port charger is optional on SV and standard on SL on model year 2013.

Starting with 2014 model year the S model had optional 6.6 kW with Quick-Charge port

If you look closely at the picture with the charge door open, you can make out the door for the CHAdeMO port on the left. The cars that don't have QC just have a flat piece of plastic on that side.

GetOffYourGas said:
If you look closely at the picture with the charge door open, you can make out the door for the CHAdeMO port on the left. The cars that don't have QC just have a flat piece of plastic on that side.

thank you! i see the door, it just looks like there is a black hole in it. hahah

Be absolutly sure by getting picture with QC port open and confirmation from seller that the car actually has QC port and 400 volt quick charging before buying. ;-) The number of QC stations is growing and even if Leaf is not good for long distances it can certainly use QC port for buisy days and medum range trips.

Back