AC is barely there or is this normal?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gotta brag..I'm in the a/c industry.I'm also in HOT texas.I have had many,many cars of all price levels.This car I believe due to no clutch,motor turning the compressor ,etc it is the BEST a/c I've ever encountered in a vehicle.Turn car ON it is chilly almost immedietly.A/c is great.Heat is good also, just uses a lot of KW.

Well, I hope none else has this problem right now. The hoses are on national backorder with no ETA right now. Nobody is coughing up a loaner either and it's starting to get hot here now too.

Dropped car off Sunday night, problem fixed Monday morning.
Diag was "cracked ac line b/t condenser and evaporator" - hose replaced.

locman said:
oh no...AC stopped working.
2013 S, 15k mi
plan to bring it in this weekend.

I wonder if the problem with the 2013 are on early 2013's made in TN. I have a 2013 s also and the ac works great so far. It was manufactured in Dec 2013 though.

AC stopped working again over the weekend, brought the car in this morning and the dealer told me that Nissan finally re-design the hose and this should fix it once and for all. We will see if that holds. :eek: :eek:

My AC went out today. Looks like I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow to bring it in. Hopefully it won't take to long to fix.

The AC suddenly went out 3 weeks ago on my 13 S. Dealer said there is a service bulletin, apparently the engineers thought the vibration in the Leaf engine was so low that they could use aluminum pipes rather than high pressure hoses to connect the compressor. The aluminum pipes develop fatigue cracks then fail. They replaced the pipes with hoses. Said when the mechanic checks on replacement pipes, the computer tells them the replacement part is hose, not pipe. Fix took a couple of hours and fine now.

stjohnh said:
...Dealer said there is a service bulletin, apparently the engineers thought the vibration in the Leaf engine was so low that they could use aluminum pipes rather than high pressure hoses to connect the compressor. The aluminum pipes develop fatigue cracks then fail. They replaced the pipes with hoses. Said when the mechanic checks on replacement pipes, the computer tells them the replacement part is hose, not pipe. ...
Was this a design change for 2013?

TimLee said:
stjohnh said:
... the replacement part is hose, not pipe. ...

Yes, design change for early 2013s. Also looks like only for the 2013 S. This thread has problem reported only for the S model. I also looked at my wife's 2013 SV, no pipes, just hoses. Remember that the 2013 SV and SL has the heat pump, the S has only standard AC compressor, so considerably different hose connections, and possibly a different compressor.

stjohnh said:
TimLee said:
stjohnh said:
... the replacement part is hose, not pipe. ...

Yes, design change for early 2013s. Also looks like only for the 2013 S. This thread has problem reported only for the S model. I also looked at my wife's 2013 SV, no pipes, just hoses. Remember that the 2013 SV and SL has the heat pump, the S has only standard AC compressor, so considerably different hose connections, and possibly a different compressor.
I checked my 2011 and the top one has bent tubing at both ends, I'm assuming it is aluminum, but the approximate 18" section in the middle is rubber hose.
Been no problems on 2011 AC.
It can be done with tubing and work well and be longer lasting than hoses.
But the devil is in the details, in particular how it is supported.

I just ran into this problem yesterday with my 2013 model S. Took it into the shop this morning and I'm just waiting for an update now.

I do love how useful this forum is when dealing with the mechanic. Giving them a lead on what could be wrong seems to make everything go so much smoother.

Back