Ac charger not charging, not diode problem.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the temperature there, and what is the Pack temperature shown on the gauge?

Since there is no cooling system for the Pack, it will be at a higher temp immediately after driving. It will also heat up to a lesser degree during charging.

i've never heard of anyone plugging in to charge immediately after getting home.

@nlspace

1) That's a really good question in terms of temperature.

On the bar graph, I usually show 1 or 2 of the 4 bars show moderate orange and the rest in the green (Leaf Spy), I'll get a screen shot next drive.

2) In terms of:

"i've never heard of anyone plugging in to charge immediately after getting home."

Well, now you have :)

Imagine you've come home after a long drive and you want to be ready for the next morning. So you charge, or want to.

Or Imagine, you're doing a long trip 300+ miles and you want to QC....

Could be you don't want to wait in both scenarios (but with point 1, you should, even if it did charge immediately)

Aloha!

Sorry to have dropped out of this conversation for the past couple weeks (life gets busy) but I just wanted to reply and close the case on my car. I was able to locate a wrecked 2011 about an hour's drive away from me. Today I pulled the charger out of it, installed it in my car and it's up and charging again! Someone suggested SparkCharge, but it didn't look like they service the Seattle area (I'm in Tacoma) so I never did try using a ChaDeMo station. If anyone wants a 2012 OBC that looks really nice and clean... but apparently doesn't work... have I got a deal for you! =)

Thank you all for your input, suggestions, and guidance. I'm looking forward to getting this little Leaf back out on the road.

witzend and hannesbeukes, did you ever get to diagnose the issue in the charger that failed? mine was failing with identical symptoms. I'll be posting more details soon, but the symptoms and lack of obvious damage were so close that I'm taking a shortcut here.

My friend have same problem!

cant charge any slow charger.

B29C1-23 6C CHARGER EVSE VC-98 P3173-00c0
P3173 00C1 EV/HEV On Board Charger Sys EVC-236

mayby there is no 400W from HV battery?

Changed charger on other car other working , same error!
changed charger back to oriinal,
dode d547 ok, diode d211 is ok

this eror meaning, that no powerinput, but 230V in the charger input present 230V,
PWM signal cant be, because, sam signal allow switch on charging, charging starting, and end like no input power, but tester show this 230V

EFI filter is ok
Still no solution?

Last edited:
Back