a newbie's first experience with quick charging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrp10000

Went on a round trip of over 100 miles today. My drive was a mix of city and highway driving with the highway driving speeds ranging from 45-55 mph speed limits.

Drove to work: 17 miles; After work, drove approximate 41 miles (dropped off a family member at a nursing facility to visit someone and drove to Nissan dealership: total so far, 58 miles or so, I didn't record it, but there were 14 miles showing as remaining to be driven. Charged successfully and returned for my own visitation time. I left the nursing home about 45 minutes later,

Doing this in theory was way different than doing it in practice, but I got over that hurdle. I did take a bit of a chance that I would have to wait to quick charge since it is first come first serve, but there were no problems today. I won't have to do this often, but I do feel better knowing that with a little planning longer trips can be done.

Final tally: 112.4 miles round trip;
36% charge remaining and 32 miles estimated remaining after driving 47.3 miles after charging (I took photos of these numbers so I wouldn't forget).

Back