72mi juant to Mt. Baldy Trout ponds and back in ECO

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onlyjaymoo

Just wanted to share a quick story of a successful Mt. Baldy round trip that has given me some confidence on the range even on hilly climbs! Just in case, I noted there was a PlugShare L2 at the junction of 60 and 57 (Southcoast AQMD) that I could stop at if I needed to, but... turns out that wasn't necessary.

Started of with 100% charge from where the 605 and 60 fwys meet on Sat morning, and by the time I got to the base of Mt Baldy to start the climb, I was already down 4 bars. Traffic was light, and it was slightly uphill as well (about 25 miles) so I was constantly getting pushed to 65-70mph. Started up the Mt Baldy climb, and by the time I reached the trout ponds (under a mile past Mt Baldy village), I was down to 3 bars for another ~11miles.

Son and I spent about 30 minutes there (he's 7 and really enjoys fishing -- caught 3), and then it was back home to fry up the trout. Started the downhill trip with the 3 bars remaining, and by the time I got to the bottom (all ECO with some brake-regen), I had gained a bar (probably not a full bar, but bar 4 lit up). When I passed the AQMD station, we still had 2 bars left, and just over 10 miles to go, I was positive I would get home fine so we just kept going.

A/C was on auto @ 72F the whole way, and we had a blast -- Not sure I'd do it when there was snow on the ground, but for a warm day, the LEAF held up great!

Back