42 month service at dealer, upper brake light is out

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well you have two choices. Take it to the dealer and show him the problem. They should be nice about it and fix it for free. Or do what they are probably going to do - add a splice. Where you have bared the wires, cut them in half, add some wire with crimp-on connectors and plug it up.

Another update: I decided to look closer. Took off 7 10mm bolts from the bottom of the spoiler wing. Couldn't remove the wing completely, but could lift the rear to see the wiring. Must be a lip or something that I couldn't see.

There was slack wire above the grommet with a helpful tywrap about 2 inches above the slack. I carefully pulled the wire through the grommet. Use a spray of WD40 to help it slip. Pulled enough to make the connection. I'll send notes to Nissan and the other agencies mentioned in earlier comments.

Thanks again to everyone who commented, this is a great community.

-HH

Glad you were able to fix Nisssn's manufacturing error.
Send them a bill, I'm sure they will reimburse you ;)

No they will not :cry:
I informed them of missing option on my vehicle with clear documentation in written letter, and their response was "go pound sand".

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Think it became disconnected on its own, or maybe the dealer helped, to make a quick $338?
+1 IMHO, when you take a car to a dealer for out-of-warranty problems, the first thing you need to do is "bend over." You know they're gonna "do it to ya".
I'm basing this statement on 60+ years of experience. You're much better off to find a good independent repair facility. Unfortunately, since the Leaf is fairly new, and in limited production, such a repair shop is hard to find. :roll:

Nah, this was a real manufacturing defect. It should have been caught by their QA and I should have noticed the defect when buying the car.

HarryHouck said:
Nah, this was a real manufacturing defect. It should have been caught by their QA and I should have noticed the defect when buying the car.
Yes, but how many people check all the lights on a car they buy.
Nissan should have fixed it.
Just another example of Nissan frequently failing to do what they should do :cry:

Back