36 MONTH LEASE $99.99 PER MONTH WITH $2,500 TOTAL DUE AT SIG

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomx

Is this a good deal? I am thinking to pull the trigger now :)

Any input is welcome! Thanks - Tom

Details:
36 MONTH LEASE $99.99 PER MONTH WITH $2,500 TOTAL DUE AT SIGNING.
MSRP $31,400,$7,500 NMAC LEASE CASH.
$2,286 BEAVERTON NISSAN DISCOUNT.
$2,027.01 CASH OR TRADE EQUITY,$373 DMV AND DOC,
$99.99 1ST PAYMENT TOTALING $2,500 DUE AT SIGNING.
$595 ACQUISITION FEE INCLUDE IN PAYMENTS.
0 SECURITY DEPOSIT.
TOTAL LEASE CHARGE 5,999.65.
MODEL NUMBER 17014.
RESIDUAL $17,270. 12,000 MI/YR.
ON APPROVED CREDIT

(1) Disclaimer *Payments are based on approved credit..
Lease terms end or change at 36000 miles

Yes I think that's a GREAT deal! Based on the MSRP I'm thinking this is a Model S with quick charge--correct? If you like some of the additional features on the SV you might ask how much more the monthly charge would be for an SV. But I'd say go for it. Just make sure you get the quick charge package as Oregon is very well set up with quick charges, I hear.

Yes, it's 2014 S model. I don't see the options from dealer's web site, but for MSRP $31,400, I believe the options are,

50 STATE EMISSION
CHARGER PACKAGE
FLOOR MATS & CARG
SPLASH GUARDS

I think I still need to ask the dealer if there is any fee at the end of the lease.

Anything else I need to ask before leasing? Thanks again!

Tom

Just read the lease to make sure it accurately reflects the quote you've been given. Typically there is some sort of disposition fee at the end, around $300 if I recall.

That's a nice set of options for the S. $2000 cap reduction is about where it should be. The monthly payment is excellent and the total cost of under $6000 for three years is the hallmark of an excellent deal.

You might want to ask what is the extra cost for S with quick charger, SV model, or SL model. I leased mine off of one of those ads and found it was only $20 more per month for the SL model.

I should add, in case you are nervous about leasing, that over 90% of LEAFs are leased. It's mainly because after 3 years there will likely have been many improvements in the technology, so you aren't taking the risk of the car becoming obsolete. Also because it ties up far less of your cash and you get to drive a new car.

Thank you for the all the replies!

One more question - if I move to another state during the 3 year lease period, can I return the car to the local deal in the new state at the end of the lease?

Thanks again for the help!

Tom

One thing that is worth being aware of is that if the car is ever totaled, your insurance will typically pay off the remaining balance on the lease, but you will not get back any of that $2500 you put down at signing. If that happens a couple of years from now, not a total disaster, but if it happens next week you are gonna be out $2500.

Bummer, just called the dealer and they said it's a mistake. They already took this 'special' offer from their web site :(

Tom

Tomx said:
Bummer, just called the dealer and they said it's a mistake. They already took this 'special' offer from their web site :(

Tom

Eh, you want the premium package anyway. I have an SV without it and now that I know what that around-view camera actually is, I wish I got it. And the S doesn't even have cruise or the new heat pump heater, which really helps in our 40-degree winters.

But, if you really don't want the premium package, you can take over my SV-charge lease for nothing down and I'll grab myself an SL. :D

Tomx said:
One more question - if I move to another state during the 3 year lease period, can I return the car to the local deal in the new state at the end of the lease?

Yes, but it's not just a matter of driving up and leaving the keys in the car, even if you go to the same dealer as where you originally leased the car. If you lease through NMAC (Nissan's own financing arm), you are supposed to contact them to have a preliminary inspection report done before lease-end. This report will tell you if there is anything about the car that is considered beyond "normal wear and tear" and will tell you what you will be charged if the car is returned in that condition. You can then opt to pay that fee at lease end, or find someone else to make those repairs and corrections for a cheaper price before turning in the car.

Then, when you are ready to turn it in, you make an appointment with any Nissan dealer to turn in the car. You sign a bunch of papers and walk away upon paying the Disposition Fee and any Excessive Wear and Tear Fee. They make you turn in the car at a Nissan dealer in the hopes you will lease or buy another Nissan; some, but not all, Nissan dealers will absorb the Disposition Fee and even a limited amount of Excessive Wear and Tear in exchange for getting another car from them. If you plan on getting another Nissan, it's definitely a good negotiating tool.

One thing you do need to be aware of is that if you lease for 3 years, you are eligible for the $2500 CVRP rebate, but if you take the rebate and move out of state (or get rid of the car for any reason) before the 3 years are up, you are required to pay back a pro-rated portion of that rebate. So if you move out of state after 2 years, you would have to repay 1/3 of that $2500.

Sorry to hear that this "too good to be true" deal was indeed too good to be true, but don't despair. If you are patient, and bargain hard enough, you might be able to get a similar deal at a different dealership. Boardwalk Nissan is offering a a 2014 Leaf S (no charge package) for $69/month, $3000 down payment, for 24 months (so not eligible for the CVRP rebate). Taxes (on both the down payment and monthly payment) are not included, and neither is registration fees. Assuming a 9% sales tax rate, you would need another $1,000 to keep the $69+tax monthly payment, and I highly recommend rolling that into the monthly payments as well. If you can bring the down payment lower (and roll that into the monthly payments) that is even better.

I am in Oregon so I guess I don't have that $2500 CVRP rebate anyway. Thanks a lot for the detailed information!

Tom

RonDawg said:
Tomx said:

Yes, but it's not just a matter of driving up and leaving the keys in the car, even if you go to the same dealer as where you originally leased the car. If you lease through NMAC (Nissan's own financing arm), you are supposed to contact them to have a preliminary inspection report done before lease-end. This report will tell you if there is anything about the car that is considered beyond "normal wear and tear" and will tell you what you will be charged if the car is returned in that condition. You can then opt to pay that fee at lease end, or find someone else to make those repairs and corrections for a cheaper price before turning in the car.

Then, when you are ready to turn it in, you make an appointment with any Nissan dealer to turn in the car. You sign a bunch of papers and walk away upon paying the Disposition Fee and any Excessive Wear and Tear Fee. They make you turn in the car at a Nissan dealer in the hopes you will lease or buy another Nissan; some, but not all, Nissan dealers will absorb the Disposition Fee and even a limited amount of Excessive Wear and Tear in exchange for getting another car from them. If you plan on getting another Nissan, it's definitely a good negotiating tool.

One thing you do need to be aware of is that if you lease for 3 years, you are eligible for the $2500 CVRP rebate, but if you take the rebate and move out of state (or get rid of the car for any reason) before the 3 years are up, you are required to pay back a pro-rated portion of that rebate. So if you move out of state after 2 years, you would have to repay 1/3 of that $2500.

Sorry to hear that this "too good to be true" deal was indeed too good to be true, but don't despair. If you are patient, and bargain hard enough, you might be able to get a similar deal at a different dealership. Boardwalk Nissan is offering a a 2014 Leaf S (no charge package) for $69/month, $3000 down payment, for 24 months (so not eligible for the CVRP rebate). Taxes (on both the down payment and monthly payment) are not included, and neither is registration fees. Assuming a 9% sales tax rate, you would need another $1,000 to keep the $69+tax monthly payment, and I highly recommend rolling that into the monthly payments as well. If you can bring the down payment lower (and roll that into the monthly payments) that is even better.

Are you serious? When will your lease end and how much monthly payment do you pay? Do they allow transfer the leasing account to another person?

Thanks,

Tom

pkulak said:
Tomx said:

Tom

Eh, you want the premium package anyway. I have an SV without it and now that I know what that around-view camera actually is, I wish I got it. And the S doesn't even have cruise or the new heat pump heater, which really helps in our 40-degree winters.

But, if you really don't want the premium package, you can take over my SV-charge lease for nothing down and I'll grab myself an SL. :D

For future reference, find out if you have to pay any sales tax on car leases in OR. If so, that adds quite a bit to either the down payment or the monthly. My NY lease cost me $1000.00 in tax on the amount leased. And as noted, try to pay as little as possible down, in case the car gets totaled - as long as the sum of all the payments works out to be the same either way.

Back