$3500 cash back

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NYLEAF said:
Is there a chance that they are offering this to help soften the car's price in preparation for a cheaper 2015 model? Nothing has been published about the 2015's price, as far as I can see.

I doubt it. They are probably just trying to encourage buying (rather than leasing) and move some stock, but aren't ready to offer the same incentive on a new model year just yet.

Why is everyone thumbs down on buying the Leaf? Seems like a great deal

Price Breakdown
S Base
$29,500
-$7,500 (Federal)
-$2,500 (State of CA)
-$3,500 (Nissan Captive Cashback)
______
$16,000

One should be able to negotiate the $29,500 down to $27k or so, which brings us to $14k or so, plus tax on base price.

What is everyone's thoughts?

If you live in a state that doesn't give you the extra credit and the weather is warm enough to destroy the battery is 3-4 years buying doesn't look like a good deal.

LTLFTcomposite said:
If you live in a state that doesn't give you the extra credit and the weather is warm enough to destroy the battery is 3-4 years buying doesn't look like a good deal.

Has there been pretty prevalent information on weather vs battery?

California is warm and the vehicle will not be garaged.

TomT said:
Yep, temperature has a dramatic affect on battery degradation.

DisturbedAle said:

With that said, is it a bad idea to buy the vehicle at the previously said breakdown? Especially with 72mo 0%, it makes it very easy to buy.

DisturbedAle said:
LTLFTcomposite said:

California is warm and the vehicle will not be garaged.
Can you update your location info via User Control Panel (near top) > Profile (left side)? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it.

What are your daily driving needs in terms of miles? How much city vs. highway? Will you have the ability to charge at your work/destinations?

Yes, California is warm but there are many micro-climates. In the Bay Area, on hot days, some cities can be 30+ degrees hotter than the coolest ones.

Battery has a 5 year/60000 mile performance warranty, and an 8 year/ 100,000 warranty. If the battery is "destroyed" in 3-4 years you get a new one. I think by then they will have it fixed. If not it won't be the first time a manufacturer had to have a buy back program. Put many thousands of vehicles on the road that start dying and you will have attorney generals from all 50 states that will weigh in.

Better yet, go buy a Volt and see if the ignition switch lasts 10 years before killing you.

So now that Nissan has announced the $5,500 battery pack costs, does this change anyone's mind? I'm curious to see how you guys feel about it now. I personally think it's a pretty great deal to get this car (in California) with the 10k from the government (which we don't know how long it will last) and 3.5k from Nissan. Plus 0% financing for 72 months is pretty sweet too.

One of the main factors for me was the charging times, but since the 2014 models come with 6.6kw chargers it pretty much is all I can ask for.

Range isn't really an issue, keep in mind the car was put into production because they realized that most people don't actually need any more range. It would be very nice to have but I currently have a Leaf (2013 base S model w/o QC) and range isn't an issue at all. For roughly 15k you'll get an excellent car.

Deals like this just might not come around again is my fear since the government might pull the incentives once everyone starts making the switch to alternative energy vehicles.

Thoughts?

darwinchaug13 said:
One of the main factors for me was the charging times, but since the 2014 models come with 6.6kw chargers it pretty much is all I can ask for.
It would be very nice to have but I currently have a Leaf (2013 base S model w/o QC) and range isn't an issue at all.
The '14 is the same as the '13 in terms of the 6 kw OBC. You need to get the charge package on the S to get it or get and SV or SL trim.

Charge times can still be an "issue" for people if they charge at slower speeds (e.g. at 120 volts, on a 16 amp 208/240 volt EVSE, etc.)

At least one dealer in GA is doing $3500 nmac on the 2015s.

http://www.nissanofnewnan.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

$16k off all 2015 leafs. Fed state and nmac. Looks like purchase only.

I saw one on the lot while using L3 charger. They added $1250 for paint sealant and nitrogen to the sticker price.

feeth said:

I saw one on the lot while using L3 charger. They added $1250 for paint sealant and nitrogen to the sticker price.
$1250 for paint sealer & nitrogen???? Bend over----they want to stick it to you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

derkraut said:
feeth said:

$1250 for paint sealer & nitrogen???? Bend over----they want to stick it to you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm guessing if this stealer ship is doing $16k off, others without the BS add ons might be too.

derkraut said:
I would explain to them they missed the decimal point in the value of that paint sealer. $12.50 seems fair to me.

Checked the Newnan site. The 16k off is the 7.5k federal + 5k state tax credit + Nissan 3.5k then add other junk fees + title tax of 6.75%.... The 3.5 you can mostly get via Costco, TrueCar or any program.

Latest posts

Back