2018 40kw Leaf battery condition

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobjenkins

Each year as part of the battery warranty I have the battery checked . I am not sure what exactly the provess they use to carry out this inspection. Each year they provide an answer all is well . To confirm this answer the battery check bar on the screen shows good condition at 1/1.
The question is after 4 years I find it difficult to understand how the battery has not declined .

Battery capacity is measured in kWh, not "kw".

Battery - Electric Vehicle Wiki was a table from the '11 service manual of capacity bars vs. remainin capacity. It went away on service manuals of later years (unknown reason) and don't know if it returned.

If you want to see how close you are to losing a bar, you'll need to look at Leaf Spy SOH. You probably need to be at or 84ish% SOH for awhile before it drops a capacity bar. Someone else with a gen 2 can probably chime in to correct me.

The 40KWH Battery Topic reports "SOH... 84.09% (still showing 12 capacity bars)". There's a lot more in there. And, yes, some 40 kWh folks have lost at least 1 bar. Example is The 40KWH Battery Topic from Portugal.

I also have a 2018 40 kWh battery Leaf with 10 of 10 bars and checked yearly. I have 14k miles on the car and only charge at Level 2 so I basically baby the battery.

Back