2017 Leaf S, jerking, or skipping when coming to a stop only 62 miles

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting.....My 2011 has had this low speed braking problem off and on ever since we bought it---until I had the traction battery replaced a couple months ago due to capacity loss. The problem has completely disappeared ever since. The only thing I can surmise is that a software change was made, which eliminated the issue. :?:

BuckMkII said:
I don't remember associating it with bumpiness. It happens rarely enough that it is always a surprise, and I don't feel like I have any way to duplicate it. I'll have to try harder to notice what the previous couple of seconds were like, and other conditions like speed, level of braking, etc.

It doesn't have to be a pothole. In fact, washboard-like road or just rough pavement will do it - anything that greatly reduces the tire's adhesion on at least one wheel. The ABS overreacts to the slight loss of traction and reduces the braking power a lot. My guess is that it's because it isn't smart enough to be able to distinguish a rough patch from a patch of ice, so they program it for the worst case scenario. Gen III Priuses have the same issue.

Back