2015 Bar drop predictions

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tkdbrusco said:
I'm trying to get a handle on how to predict the drop of my first bar on my 2015 Leaf. Granted I only have 3400 miles on the car, but I'm trying to interpret the data to figure out how many miles I will get with 12 bars. I'm not sure if the car modifies the distribution over time or not. (ex. After 15K miles, will I still show 12 bars, but lose the first one after driving for just a few miles? Or does the each bar simply represent a percentage of total battery capacity?)

Anyways, I charged to 100% and measured my capacity. 289 Gids, 22.40 KWH, 97.2% SOC and then drove my commute until I dropped my first range bar, probably about 1/2 mile further actually since I had to find a spot to pull over. Here is the data I got.

259 Gids
20.07 Kwh
89.68% SOC

Does this mean that when a 100% charge reading only yields me slightly more than the above, I am about to lose my first bar? Kind of hard to predict now, but my highest reading when the car was brand new was 292Gids and 22.63kwh. So it looks like I'm losing about .25kwh per 3,000 miles of driving. At that rate I should lose my first bar at around 27,000 miles? Does that seem about right?

I'm gonna try to repeat in the next few days and take readings at 10 bars, 9 bars, 8 bars. Am I correct to assume that my readings will be most accurate the newer the car is?

you sir are trying to quantify a moving target. What do you think your car will do when your pack degrades below 20 Kwh? only charge to 11 bars?

I think not

Back