2014 SL has issues?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cwerdna said:
Interesting.... awhile ago, I checked out brand new '13 and '14 Leafs on the lot at a local dealer and tried to compare those Leafs to mine where I bumped into someone. :( I've found that on some, if you compare the corners of the hood near the windshield vs. the A-pillar and fenders, one side of the hood is slightly higher than other.

Unfortunately, my bumper cover to hood gap has grown and is uneven now, due to my bumping, as well as the fenders to bumper cover (pics at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16551" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). :( I've seen another '13+ Leaf at a public charging station that has a similar malady. I suspect they bumped someone/something as well.

Those pics of your car are pretty much exactly the issue with mine, except I've bumped nobody. The gap is not as pronounced on mine between the hood and bumper, and is only one one side of the car, as if the hood on the right side of the car is about 1/16th higher than on the left side.

Also I never mentioned it in this thread but I have the same issue as yours with the bumper and front/right quarter panel, where the gap is narrow near the tire and gets wider at the other end. On the opposite side of the car the gap is uniform.

mctom987 said:
#2: Doors automatically lock at 15MPH. You can disable this in the settings on the console screen. Not sure what the clunk is, though. Try disabling the auto lock and see if it's still present.

#3: You should be able to press it back into place. They are just plastic tabs that look like it was never inserted fully, or was removed and not replaced properly. If not, like you mentioned for #1, take it in for service.

Well I pressed down on that bezel like nobody's business and it doesn't snap into anything :( Guess I need to have them look at that as well!

Bostaevski said:
Near the front bumper and also near the windshield. I'm too lazy to take pics of my car but here's a couple stock photos. The green circles everything is fine - the hood is flush with the bumper/side panel. In the yellow circles, the gap between the hood and the respective panel appears wider, and is not flush to the adjacent panel.
Those pictures are exactly where mine is misaligned.

Pics of my hood:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/+JohnLoVerso/albums/6037521440702322801?authkey=CIPB_arkjtPJdQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jlv said:
Pics of my hood:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/+JohnLoVerso/albums/6037521440702322801?authkey=CIPB_arkjtPJdQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Had the same alignment issue on my 13SL noticed it within 2 weeks of purchase. Nissan dealership repaired it n/c, no problem since.

Bostaevski said:
BIGneutrino said:
Within a week of purchasing my 2014 SL, it was back at our local dealership getting the hood realigned and glove box fit fixed. From the factory, the hood was substantially misaligned. The glove box had about a 1/3 inch gap on one side--I was surprised that it even closed.

The fit/finish of my 2012 was much better than the 2014.

Did you have to pay for any of those fixes? I haven't been able to get back to the dealership yet but I'll be pissed if I have to pay :shock:

There were no charges in fixing these issues. Wouldn't that have been awful?!

Back