2013 Leaf 32 mile commute in NE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
redo8472 said:
It is about 64 miles round trip. Should've mentioned that.
Sounds like I will just take it easy when its really cold and just keep the heat off and some extra clothes.
I do a 60-mile round-trip commute in the Pittsburgh area (fairly hilly).

On the really cold days (under -10°F), I barely make it. That's with a 100% charge, no heat, and snow tires. I bundle up (heavy coat, hat, gloves, face mask) and use the seat & steering wheel heaters. And I keep my speed down to 55mph on the highway.

The worst I ever do is about 45 miles. That is with it being below zero and me being way to liberal with the heat. I could improve that number, but my daily RT is 26 miles.

Average winter day, which is around 30 degrees in Milwaukee (found that tidbit out when I replaced my boiler) with the heat set to 65-70, I will get about 70-75 miles.

The mind set change you need to make is the heat will never make you open your jacket cause your sweating, it will just keep the chill at bay. It will never belt out the heat like an ICE. The seat warmers do a very good job at keeping you feeling warm though.

Back