2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe that Nissan requires a minimum of 4/32" of tread depth (which is 1/32" more than the legal minimum) at the shallowest point on each tire or they will ding you on turn-in...

malloryk said:
The other two are pretty close to bald but I'm turning the car in today or tomorrow.

TomT said:
I believe that Nissan requires a minimum of 4/32" of tread depth (which is 1/32" more than the legal minimum) at the shallowest point on each tire or they will ding you on turn-in...

malloryk said:
The other two are pretty close to bald but I'm turning the car in today or tomorrow.

malloryk, please let us know how it went when you went to turn in your car with bald tires. :)

TomT, I asked the guy about bald tires and he said they are more concerned about the vehicle than the tires. Yeah, if we brought the car in with punctured tires, then they will take money out of the $395 disposition amount but mostly if the car is in good condition, they will even waive the disposition cost I believe.

sreeramk said:
TomT said:

malloryk said:

malloryk, please let us know how it went when you went to turn in your car with bald tires. :)

And we still haven't seen pictures of the new whip. Which, you know, is just wrong!

asimba2 said:
December ought to be an interesting month with the 2014s starting to show up at dealerships, potentially resulting in deals on the 2013 models. My biggest curiosity lies in the pricing of the 2014s, but most of all, what sorts of adjustments Nissan makes to the residual value. I hope the residuals come in a bit higher for the 2014s, helping to reduce the costs of the leases.

I am also in similar boat. Do we know when 2014s will show up at dealerships? Some dealers say it would be January and in fact one dealer yesterday said it would be March/April. Clearly they are trying to downplay the 2014 factor to move 2013 inventory. but any idea of probable date for 2014s?

sreeramk said:
TomT said:

malloryk said:

TomT, I asked the guy about bald tires and he said they are more concerned about the vehicle than the tires. Yeah, if we brought the car in with punctured tires, then they will take money out of the $395 disposition amount but mostly if the car is in good condition, they will even waive the disposition cost I believe.
Seriously? You would really drive around on bald or near bald tires to save a few bucks and turn the car in that way at the end of the lease? My family and my safety is far more important to me and I would expect most people. I plan on replacing my tires during my 3 year lease at some point where I can derive much of the benefit of the new set and still turn the car in with reasonable tread.

sreeramk said:

The $395 disposition fee is NOT a security deposit in the sense of renting an apartment or house. You pay that at end-of-lease regardless of the car's condition, unless the dealer or NMAC agrees to waive it (usually due to buying/leasing another Nissan right away) or you decide to buy out the lease from NMAC (itself a $300 or so fee).

Any faults that are outside of NMAC's definition of reasonable wear/tear are charged separately to you, unless the dealer agrees to absorb them (or buy the car outright) as part of a deal to buy/lease another car.

BTW NMAC has published a guide on what they do consider to be reasonable wear/tear:

http://www.nissanusa.com/pdf/owning/Wear_and_Use_Guide.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's not up to the dealer to rate the condition of the car. As stated in the guide, an independent evaluator chosen by NMAC does that.

Just picked up a 13 S on a 24 mo/12k yr lease for $298/mo. No money down, everything rolled in to the loan, save for lease termination. Included fast charge, backup camera, etc. Nalley Nissan in Decatur, GA. Ask for George Bass. Looking forward to the $5K GA tax credit and HOV lane access. Nalley is seeing an avg turn of 9 days for their Leafs.

Looking for help in negotiation a lease.

The car I'm looking at is a 2013 SV with Quick Charge, LED, and Premium Sound/Camera. There are no dealer add ons.

MSRP is 35520, they are offering at 33,291 - 7575 rebate. I do not qualify for VPP

I'm wanting a 24 month lease here are there offers:

0 down 433 mo
1k down 387
2k down 341

Residual 17960

What should I counter with or expect as a bottom line.

Those numbers are all too high, coming in at over $10,000 over two years. Even $8,000 over 24 months would be considered only an average (at best) deal.

jimgior said:
Looking for help in negotiation a lease.

The car I'm looking at is a 2013 SV with Quick Charge, LED, and Premium Sound/Camera. There are no dealer add ons.

MSRP is 35520, they are offering at 33,291 - 7575 rebate. I do not qualify for VPP

I'm wanting a 24 month lease here are there offers:

0 down 433 mo
1k down 387
2k down 341

Residual 17960

What should I counter with or expect as a bottom line.

your money factor appears to be sky high. I would start by negotiating a lower MF with a higher down payment. they wont reduce their perceived risk unless you are willing to take some of it off their hands.

Corina1231 said:
Seriously? You would really drive around on bald or near bald tires to save a few bucks and turn the car in that way at the end of the lease? My family and my safety is far more important to me and I would expect most people. I plan on replacing my tires during my 3 year lease at some point where I can derive much of the benefit of the new set and still turn the car in with reasonable tread.

uh yeah. I like to live on the edge ;)

sreeramk said:
TomT said:

malloryk said:

sorry, guys, I just saw these posts. The independent inspector came out to my work the beginning of November and gave my Leaf the all clear so I didn't owe anything for excess wear and tear. I was surprised the tires passed (and two of them were different brands, didn't seem to bother him). Yes, I paid the $395 disposition fee (actually, Ford paid Nissan and rolled the cost into my lease with them. Worth it to mention Ford does not charge a disposition fee on their leases). You can return the Leaf to any Nissan dealership but it was easier said than done. The two closest to me basically told me not to bother showing up (Autonation in the South Bay and Downtown Nissan) since I wasn't going into another Nissan and they reserve extra space on their lots for "customers." Gardena Nissan took it no problem and they were super nice. I dropped the car off, they took the inspection report and the key fobs, and I was on my way. I was there less than 10 minutes.

malloryk said:
sorry, guys, I just saw these posts. The independent inspector came out to my work the beginning of November and gave my Leaf the all clear so I didn't owe anything for excess wear and tear. I was surprised the tires passed (and two of them were different brands, didn't seem to bother him). Yes, I paid the $395 disposition fee (actually, Ford paid Nissan and rolled the cost into my lease with them. Worth it to mention Ford does not charge a disposition fee on their leases). You can return the Leaf to any Nissan dealership but it was easier said than done. The two closest to me basically told me not to bother showing up (Autonation in the South Bay and Downtown Nissan) since I wasn't going into another Nissan and they reserve extra space on their lots for "customers." Gardena Nissan took it no problem and they were super nice. I dropped the car off, they took the inspection report and the key fobs, and I was on my way. I was there less than 10 minutes.

glad to hear the process went smoothly. hope you enjoy your new car. is the Cmax a lease as well?

glad to hear about the tire thing. I have mismatched tires as well and was going to spring the cash to match but now, not so sure. I think i will take it in for inspection and see what they say then decide from there

I just picked up my LEAF today (11/30) and thought I'd share my lease details:
- S Model, No Charger Package
- No VPP
- $279 per month, 24 months, $0 down, 15k miles per year
- Total Lease Cost: $7091 (includes $395 disposition fee)

My trade-in helped bring down the monthly cost due to the tax offset. The other dealer competing for my business could not do better on the trade or the monthly payment so I knew that I had optimized the transaction.

The two dealers I used were:
Stone Mountain Nissan: ask for Marla or Patrick
Nalley Nissan: ask for Clarence or George

Both dealers worked hard to earn my business and it was a coin toss because the negotiated pricing ended up the same.

Adam

DaveinOlyWA said:
glad to hear the process went smoothly. hope you enjoy your new car. is the Cmax a lease as well?

glad to hear about the tire thing. I have mismatched tires as well and was going to spring the cash to match but now, not so sure. I think i will take it in for inspection and see what they say then decide from there

It is a lease. Yeah, I would wait and see what the inspector says. Good luck!

What do you think of this deal? I may go pick the car up tomorrow.

SV with Quick charge/LED option
$1300 down, $270 per month including California 7.5% sales tax
24 months/12k mi

23 x $270 + 1300 = $7,510

I am a little afraid the residual value on the 2014s are going to be so low it makes the Leaf more expensive to lease. Any thoughts on the offer above?

asimba2 said:
What do you think of this deal? I may go pick the car up tomorrow.

SV with Quick charge/LED option
$1300 down, $270 per month including California 7.5% sales tax
24 months/12k mi

23 x $270 + 1300 = $7,510

I am a little afraid the residual value on the 2014s are going to be so low it makes the Leaf more expensive to lease. Any thoughts on the offer above?

Add in the disposition fee into the cost of the lease. For a SV, I think this is the going rate for non-VPP (~$330) but I suggest rolling everything into the monthly payment.

Adam

AdamFist said:
Add in the disposition fee into the cost of the lease. For a SV, I think this is the going rate for non-VPP (~$330) but I suggest rolling everything into the monthly payment.

Adam

Thanks, sounds like it's better for me to wait for a better deal.

what are the chances in CA to get the leaf S with 0 down around 200? including QC? anyone out there who got references?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Back