2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a link:
http://www.advantagenissan.com/digital-brochures/year/2013/make/Nissan/model/LEAF/bodystyle/HA/did/475/sid/1156/pid/26" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Click "special offer".

njb27 said:
Here's a link:
http://www.advantagenissan.com/digital-brochures/year/2013/make/Nissan/model/LEAF/bodystyle/HA/did/475/sid/1156/pid/26" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Click "special offer".

super cool. I wish they had something for a SL. But, for sure I will take it to the dealership to haggle. :) Thanks!!!

I have a 2013 SL with every option fully loaded leather, heated seats, heated steering wheel, upgraded wheels nav etc... with only 3000 miles on it currently.

Here is the deal:

I put down $5000 to get the payment this low:
20 months left on the lease
$265 / Month

or purchase it now at $26,000 no sales tax... that's $14000 less than the MSRP

The color is jet black with black leather. located in NJ 07624

Do you remember what Tier Credit you were when you took the lease? I imagine Nissan has to approve credit on the person taking over?

Made my first attempt at a least tonight and the best they could do was $367 per month (including tax) with $1500 down, on an SV with QC/LED, and apparently that was VPP pricing. (3 year, 12k mi with Tier 0 credit.) I noticed they were using an agreed upon price of $32,900, which seems to be more like SL pricing. Clearly, I passed.

I wonder if this is a good deal or if I can do better. Dealer told me it is $500 back of invoice. I want to try and push it to $1000 or even wait until the 2014 come out and then negotiate a 2013 lease.

2013 S, no QC, 36 month lease/15k per year
State : CA
MSRP : $29,820
Invoice : $28,239
Lease Acquisition Fee: $595
Negotiated Price : $27,739
Money Factor : .00003
Residual: .39
Downpayment : $2000 (total upfront cost)
Monthly payment : $240, including tax

Thanks for your input.

I learned a lot from this forum, and today I took delivery of a 2013 Leaf S. Here is my contribution, I am very satisfied with the deal.

Model: 2013 Leaf S with quick charging option
Cash out the door: $2000 (includes first month payment)
Term: 24 months (23 more payments)
Monthly payment: $200.83
Miles: 12K per year (24K total)

I work from home, but I plan to invest in an upgraded EVSE. We are renting a house here in Austin so I would like to have something I can take with me.

Just signed a lease deal with VPP

Cash out the door: $2587 ($2000 Down and $587 maintenance fees) (includes first month payment, license, registration, blah, blah)
Term: 36 months (I am expecting back $2500 from CA)
Monthly payment: $210 (after tax)
Miles: 12K per year (36K total)

Both our workplaces have free charging ports. so, cost of owning a car will be in the hundreds of dollars per year and the advantage of getting to use the carpool lane! We travel 18 miles on 101 and being able to use the carpool all the time is a dream come true! :)

sreeramk said:

Cash out the door: $2587 ($2000 Down and $587 maintenance fees) (includes first month payment, license, registration, blah, blah)

What is this $587 maintenance fee? Is this a prepaid maintenance contract? If so, just FYI the Leaf will not incur that much in servicing needs in 3 years/36k miles.

Yeah, it was the maintenance contract. I have buyers regret after getting that actually. :( But in sites like edmunds, they project maintenance costs to over $1k for the 3 years and so we bought it. http://www.edmunds.com/nissan/leaf/2013/tco.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RonDawg said:
sreeramk said:

What is this $587 maintenance fee? Is this a prepaid maintenance contract? If so, just FYI the Leaf will not incur that much in servicing needs in 3 years/36k miles.

sreeramk said:
Yeah, it was the maintenance contract. I have buyers regret after getting that actually. :( But in sites like edmunds, they project maintenance costs to over $1k for the 3 years and so we bought it. http://www.edmunds.com/nissan/leaf/2013/tco.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:?:

The most expensive service your Leaf will need for those 3 years/36k miles is the brake fluid flush at 2 years/30k miles whichever comes first. The next most expensive service is the yearly cabin filter change. Everything else is the 6 month/7500 mile tire rotations and certain inspections.

Do yourself a favor and open up the maintenance booklet for your Leaf and determine if the recommended services during the time you intend to keep your Leaf are really worth $587. Call up a few Nissan dealers and get quotes if you have to.

If you decide it's a ripoff (and it's a good chance you will come to that conclusion), read the contract's fine print. You may be able to get a refund, but only if you apply within a limited time frame, such as 30 days.

RonDawg said:
sreeramk said:

RonDawg is right. It a ripoff to pay $587 for the maintenance. Also, my dealer told me that both the brake flush and cabin filter replacement are optional. In other words, you won't get docked turning the car in at 36k miles if that work isn't done. The cabin filter replacement is recommended if you suffer from allergies, however. All I plan to do on my 3 year lease are tire rotations and I'll do that myself along with all the check this and check that's. my cost = $0. I also believe you have 30 days to cancel the maintenance contract.

Here is the excel file to estimate the payment https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1CIl2zp22pXRnNmMkZVZ0Z0N28/edit?usp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Has anyone tried to use the spreadsheet linked in the beginning of this thread? It would be enormously helpful with the exception that there is one broken cell link that makes it miscalculate by a significant amount. Cells B16 and B17 refer to a number in cell B2, however that cell is blank.

I have tried re-creating the spreadsheet but mine ends up pretty far off as well. Anyone use this or know what should be in cell B2?

Corina1231 said:
RonDawg is right. It a ripoff to pay $587 for the maintenance. Also, my dealer told me that both the brake flush and cabin filter replacement are optional. In other words, you won't get docked turning the car in at 36k miles if that work isn't done. The cabin filter replacement is recommended if you suffer from allergies, however. All I plan to do on my 3 year lease are tire rotations and I'll do that myself along with all the check this and check that's. my cost = $0. I also believe you have 30 days to cancel the maintenance contract.

Thanks for the reassurance. I usually turn down such contracts and such when buying electronics and appliances like TV or Fridge, but in this case, there is work anyway that needs to be done and they are gonna charge something for it. But I will call them today as soon as I get a chance. :)

Besides, he was saying something about the tires being super thin and that they pop super easily. Are those again just lies from the "stealership" ?

sreeramk said:
Besides, he was saying something about the tires being super thin and that they pop super easily. Are those again just lies from the "stealership" ?

Maybe not. I'm not sure if they're putting better tires on the cars now but the tires on my 2011 were very poor quality. I had to replace two of them almost two years in. The other two are pretty close to bald but I'm turning the car in today or tomorrow.

malloryk said:
Maybe not. I'm not sure if they're putting better tires on the cars now but the tires on my 2011 were very poor quality. I had to replace two of them almost two years in. The other two are pretty close to bald but I'm turning the car in today or tomorrow.

OK. I just checked on Discount tires that the cheapest tires cost $70 each + labor, recycling, tax, etc. That is $400 for 4 tires if I have to replace them myself for whatever reason. The maintenance contract covers tires they say. but not sure if they will replace tires if they go bald or only if there is a flat. :roll:

Corina1231 said:

Hey, I just realized you are also in san jose, ca. Me too! We should have a local leaf owners club or something. :)

Anyways, all is well. Surprisingly, Nissan Sunnyvale were very cordial and allowed us to cancel the maintenance plan. They also corrected the clerical error and so I'm down to $190 per month after tax and $2000 down. But I will also get back $2500 from state so, all is good. :)

For others on the same boat, you can purchase the plan within 6 months or 7500 miles whichever comes first and I was able to get all my money back without much hassle except for the incredibly long sales pitch by the person trying to get us to change our mind and keep it.

Its $795 + tax, but since we have VPP, they brought it down to $587 + tax. And he was saying that if you are costco member, you can get it down to $495 + tax. On one of the google groups, boardwalk nissan supposedly was offering as low as $395 + tax.

I called the Nissan service center and one of the reps told me that it cost $180 / year for premium service on the leaf. But he also said, without my prodding him that if you are leasing, you just need to get the bare minimum done which costs as less as $60/year. the tires are indeed sensitive in that if you go over the curb, since the walls are thin, it will pop and then it costs $25 to fix a puncture. And like I mentioned before, Discount tire sells tires for $70 + labor.

December ought to be an interesting month with the 2014s starting to show up at dealerships, potentially resulting in deals on the 2013 models. My biggest curiosity lies in the pricing of the 2014s, but most of all, what sorts of adjustments Nissan makes to the residual value. I hope the residuals come in a bit higher for the 2014s, helping to reduce the costs of the leases.

MNL members posted 18 Leaf purchases during the month of May and reported purchases remained steady through September. Then it appears the reduction in residual values on September 3rd put a lot of people on the sidelines, with a huge reduction in reported sales since then and the least reported transactions in November.

Since March when this thread was started, the highest percentage of cars sold were SV models with the Quick charge/LED option, with 24 month lease costs coming in around $6,200 in total. Immediately after residual values sank in early September, the overwhelming majority were buying S models with the Quick charge option, presumeably because the residual value change made the SV w/QC/LED too expensive. Most of these 24 month S leases were totaling $7,500, compared to $6,200 for the SV QC/LED models sold prior to September. And that's exactly why I'm sitting on the sidelines. We shall see what happens...

I lucked out. I went to a high volume dealer near the end of month and they were willing to deal. I was able get mine for $265/mo (taxes included). The only out of pocket money I needed was my first month's payment. My lease terms are 12k miles a year for 3 years. I got an s model with backup camera and satellite radio and other good options. Timing is everything you must find a dealer who needs to move their inventory such as the one I found. Also, you can find slightly used leafs for about $15,000 and the monthly payments would be comparable to a lease. Hope this helps and good luck.

Only the 2013 SL gets better tires - and even then they are bottom-of-the-line Michelins. The rest of the models are still Ecrapias...

malloryk said:

Back