2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alxforschnr said:
Okay, here is my latest.

2013 Silver with black interior SV with LED/QC package.

MSRP 34,650.

After all discounts, I am getting it for $24,925.
36 months
12k miles
$1,600 out the door and $332 per month.

Does this sound like a fair deal, or am I getting avergae?

That sounds about average. I was quoted $650 out the door and $329/month for 36months on the SC with QC.

Just a quick question...when negotiating sale price, do I include the destination charge? Invoice is $29,810 plus options brings it to $31,356 - is this the number I should be looking to get close to or should I add the destination charge and aim for $32,206?

My lease deal I signed last night:

2013 Leaf S Charge package, mats, splash guards, two free tire rotations.

MSRP: $31,265.00

Negotiated price: $28,692.00 ($217 over invoice)

Cap cost + Acquisition Fee ($595): $29,288

Adjusted Cap cost: 19,946.64

Cash down: $1999

24 month 15k/Yr Payment: $224 + AZ. Monthly tax=$241 /Month

How are people paying anywhere near zero down? I know taxes vary with some places having none, but in California I am calculating a little over $1,200 between the taxes on money down, taxes on the $8,150 Nissan rebate, title, license, etc. and there is the $595 Acquisition Fee on top of all of that. Are people rolling that into the monthly lease?

I'm a newbie to leasing in general, and I'm worried there's something I'm overlooking in the deal I've been negotiating. Can you all tell me if I'm exposed in some area?

I'm in Austin, TX and negotiating over a model S with no QC package.

The latest offer I've gotten is for $199 per month for 36 months, with a trade-in that was appraised at $1000, and only the first payment is due at signing. I'm trying to talk them into zeroing out the disposition fee. The trade-in is a 1998 Mercury Mountaineer with an A/C system that doesn't work. They have the residual setup so that there is 40% of the car's value left at the end of the lease term, but I'm not sure if that matters if I'm not planning on buying it after the lease term is up.

This seems like a good deal. The payment started at $250 per month before we started negotiating it down.

Is there some detail in the leasing contract that I need to look out for that might end up costing me down the road?

skpatel73 said:
I'm a newbie to leasing in general, and I'm worried there's something I'm overlooking in the deal I've been negotiating. Can you all tell me if I'm exposed in some area?

I'm in Austin, TX and negotiating over a model S with no QC package.

The latest offer I've gotten is for $199 per month for 36 months, with a trade-in that was appraised at $1000, and only the first payment is due at signing. I'm trying to talk them into zeroing out the disposition fee. The trade-in is a 1998 Mercury Mountaineer with an A/C system that doesn't work. They have the residual setup so that there is 40% of the car's value left at the end of the lease term, but I'm not sure if that matters if I'm not planning on buying it after the lease term is up.

This seems like a good deal. The payment started at $250 per month before we started negotiating it down.

Is there some detail in the leasing contract that I need to look out for that might end up costing me down the road?

I could live with that. How many miles? Think you can stay within it?

The best offer I have received (before any negotiation) in raleigh, nc is:

Leaf S with Charger Package + Floor mats/cargo Mat
MSRP: $31,120 Purchase Price (pre-rebate I assume): $28,677 Fees+Cap Reduction covered by rebate ($8425, but 0 out of pocket)

$275/month for 36 months, 12K miles per year. Residual @41%

Same Dealer Leaf SV + Cargo cover/mats and splashguards
MSRP: $33,245 Purchase Price: $30,692 Fees + Cap reduction ($7987 but 0 out of pocket) - consistent with lower rebate from NMAC

$312/month for 36 months, 12K miles per year. residual @42%

Both include taxes + exclude Disposition fee.

At this point I think I am leaning more to the CMAX Energi.

asimba2 said:
How are people paying anywhere near zero down? I know taxes vary with some places having none, but in California I am calculating a little over $1,200 between the taxes on money down, taxes on the $8,150 Nissan rebate, title, license, etc. and there is the $595 Acquisition Fee on top of all of that. Are people rolling that into the monthly lease?

asimba2, it's not actually 0 down (although it is for the consumer), it's $7500 down since the leasing company takes the tax credit. So they're using that money to pay for all that stuff.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
I could live with that. How many miles? Think you can stay within it?

Its for 12,000 miles. I'm pretty sure I can stay inside of it. I've got 4 kids, so we won't be using it much on the weekends. It'll just be a commuter car, and my commute should come out to around 9500 miles per year. That should be plenty of cushion.

asimba2 said:

Yes it is being rolled into the overall cost of ownership of the car.

I've got 3 dealers competing for my business. This is getting fun! So far I've just got lease payment numbers until I go in but...

These are all SV+QC and buying out my current lease.
#1 $329/month, $650 out the door
#2 $322/month, $650 out the door
#3 commit to working with us and I will beat those numbers

I'm trying to decide if I should just pay my current else off on my own plus the $450 lease end fee or if I should let the nissan dealership take ownership of my car and be done with it now. Then I won't have to deal with lease end inspection and any fees.

prices/leases are way up from 12 months ago.i'm agt $139 per mo at 36 mo.I did cut check for $2900.So, about $200 overall per mo.But, that is still about $100.oo less per mo.or about 40% less then now .

epic said:
prices/leases are way up from 12 months ago.i'm agt $139 per mo at 36 mo.I did cut check for $2900.So, about $200 overall per mo.But, that is still about $100.oo less per mo.or about 40% less then now .

Is that due primarily to reduced residuals or smaller amounts of support in addition to the feds 7500?

Saw this today, I was wondering why they were so eager to give me $0 down $264 a month S with charger pack for 24 months: Check this out: $208 a month for 36 months. Now that is a deal!
http://newhire.stanford.edu/docs/StanfordVPP.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jhendri542 said:
Saw this today, I was wondering why they were so eager to give me $0 down $264 a month S with charger pack for 24 months: Check this out: $208 a month for 36 months. Now that is a deal!
http://newhire.stanford.edu/docs/StanfordVPP.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

High residuals on that offer - 49% on a 3 yr lease.

jhendri542 said:
With the $850 destination charge in the fine print, this deal is not nearly as good as normal VPP pricing on the S, SV and SL respectively. It is also only available to employees. Once again I can state as I have in the past that I have not seen an advertised deal that beats VPP pricing ($1000 under dealer invoice).

Corina1231 said:
jhendri542 said:
With the $850 destination charge in the fine print, this deal is not nearly as good as normal VPP pricing on the S, SV and SL respectively. It is also only available to employees. Once again I can state as I have in the past that I have not seen an advertised deal that beats VPP pricing ($1000 under dealer invoice).
I don't see where it says the destination charge needs to be added. It only says the destination charge is excluded when figuring the MSRP of $21,300 after tax rebate. The fine print that follows seems to include the destination charge as they then list the MSRP as "$29,650 MSRP incl. destination charge".

This deal sounds like a vanilla VPP. Is there anything special or unique in here?

The deal we got in May was better, however this deal is better than what we've been quoted now. The only major differences I see is that we are looking for an SV with the quick charge option, and we've been looking at 2yr leases vs. 3yr. I wonder if 3yr leases are that much better than 2yr.

my understanding is that destination is automatically included in the invoice summary use for VPP.

Its normally a mfg charge, not a dealer fee.

You can negotiate past VPP, but its hard.

First time leaser...
In Norcal I am getting a quote of $2500 Driveoff, $268 per month plus tax for a 2013 SV with QC (I qualify for VPP and showed my office badge)

is that a good deal? This is for a 36 month 15000 miles per year

nevbie said:
First time leaser...
In Norcal I am getting a quote of $2500 Driveoff, $268 per month plus tax for a 2013 SV with QC (I qualify for VPP and showed my office badge)

is that a good deal? This is for a 36 month 15000 miles per year
The Stanford VPP deal is better. Can you get that or ask them about it? The $2500 at signing makes it quite a bit higher.

Back