2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sound reasonable for the SV

I bought my S last month at Capitol City Nissan, Chamblee
LEAF S with Charger Package
Term: 24 Months
Mileage allowance: 12K
Down Payment $0
Monthly Payment: $299 per month

I might be wishing I had gotten the 15K allowance, I drove 1200 miles the first month.

Thanks for all the helpful advice.
Read up on it for a few hours and struck my deal.
Just got home with my Leaf S Charger from Glendale Nissan in Southern CA.

3 yr. lease / 12K miles/yr

Price: 29,019
Down payment: $2000
- $2000 down payment
- $80 doc prep fee
- $268 license
- $7.00 tire fee
- $80 processing fee
- $665 taxes
- $229 first payment (add taxes and whatever fees, it's 246/mo)

This quote does not include a 3 yr. maintenance plan.
Maybe not the best deal because I didn't wait to verify VPP qualification, but I'm extremely happy thus far.
Add the $2500 Rebate from California, it's a win-win!

--
Glacier White and happily charging using 110v at home tonite!
MJ

latenight71 said:
About to pull the trigger on an SV with QC, LED, and Premium Package (Bose, back up cam)
State: Georgia
Term: 24 Months,
Mileage allowance: 15K
Down Payment $0
Monthly Payment: $356 per month

Thoughts?

Are you including the tax, title, and license fees into that monthly payment?

New to the forum here, I am considering leasing a Leaf S with charger package. I am getting quote for:

3 yr. lease / 12K miles/yr. Down payment: $4500 and $133 a month (add taxes and whatever fees). I only talked to this dealer over the phone and haven't really sit down with them to discuss the detail #. I am in bay area, CA. It looks like a good # over all consider the general term is $2000 down and $199 a month. My question is:

1. Is this a god deal?
2. What should I look out or pay attention when going in to the dealer to sign the paper?

Thanks in advance

USSValor said:
latenight71 said:
About to pull the trigger on an SV with QC, LED, and Premium Package (Bose, back up cam)
State: Georgia
Term: 24 Months,
Mileage allowance: 15K
Down Payment $0
Monthly Payment: $356 per month

Thoughts?

Are you including the tax, title, and license fees into that monthly payment?

Had to pay $29 for a tag but other than that all in

xbox409 said:
New to the forum here, I am considering leasing a Leaf S with charger package. I am getting quote for:

3 yr. lease / 12K miles/yr. Down payment: $4500 and $133 a month (add taxes and whatever fees). I only talked to this dealer over the phone and haven't really sit down with them to discuss the detail #. I am in bay area, CA. It looks like a good # over all consider the general term is $2000 down and $199 a month. My question is:

1. Is this a god deal?
2. What should I look out or pay attention when going in to the dealer to sign the paper?

Thanks in advance

Aside from the details, I suggest you try for $0 or close to it down, and a higher monthly payment. This protects you if the car gets totaled, because otherwise you don't get your down payment back - the lease just ends. I wish I'd known that.

Hi I am a new member to the forum, I live in San Jose,CA

I am interested in the SL lease, looking through the thread looks like the best deal for an SL is the following posted below ... Which dealer was this deal purchased from? I can go hit them up and see if they will offer me the same. My company comes under VPP so I am hoping they will offer it to me.

---***---***---

I leased a 2013 Leaf SL with Premium package, Floor Mats & Cargo Area Mat and Safety Kit (ie. First Aid Kit and Emergency Kit). It is Blue Ocean in color. It was raining like crazy today in the Bay Area so I did not snap any photos of it...but you all know what Leafs look like. :)

State : California
Sales tax % : 9.00% (Alameda County)
Leaf Trim, options : SL, Premium Package, Floor Mats, Cargo Area Mat and Safety Kit
MSRP : $36,985.00
Invoice : (if you know) Forgot...around $34,900 maybe?
Negotiated Price : $33,428.00 (Total Gross Capitalized Cost was $34,023.00 which includes the Acquisition fee below)
Taxes, Title, Registration : $595.00 (Acquisition fee)
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) : None
Money Factor : .00043
Downpayment : $0.00 (Absolutely nothing!). The dealership used the $7,500.00 rebate monies to pay for all the amounts due at Lease Signing
Monthly payment: $394.79 (including tax @ 9.00%)
Term: 36 months
Mileage: 15,000 miles per year

Dekay- 2 questions: 1) What is a "money factor" ? 2) There is no such thing as "0" down. If your monthly payment were closer to $200/month then your 0 down payment would be over $5000 in this situation (they have a formula that allows for several variables, but the same end total at the end of the lease). Why not ask for a lower monthly payment, and then see what happens to your down payment? I would ask for a lower down payment or monthly payment. Note: to make their quotes simpler to understand, forget all the fees and taxes and ask for your cost 'out the door'. This will be the down payment plus all the fees and taxes...............Good Luck

xbox409 said:

1. Is this a god deal?

Thanks in advance

When leasing I don't like to think about anything but whats the total i'm paying over the life of the lease. If you're comparing your deal with the $2000 down / 199 a month its 9288 vs 9164. You can probably bring them down a few dollars. Because its a lease you can probably get them to do 0 down and get the same total payments and you're better protected if the car gets wrecked.

I would ask for 0 Down and $255 a month which would make your total spend $9180

I got pretty much the same deal in San Jose as the one below with the help of Corina1231, but this was in August. Since then, prices have gone up and inventory is low. You might be able to get a similar deal as the one below, but chances are you'll have to wait till late-November/December for prices to drop. Don't forget to time your purchase to get a free EVSE through the CEC program (chargers are released on the 1st Tuesday of each month, but the dealer has to put in the application on the day you purchase/lease).

deekay said:
Hi I am a new member to the forum, I live in San Jose,CA

I am interested in the SL lease, looking through the thread looks like the best deal for an SL is the following posted below ... Which dealer was this deal purchased from? I can go hit them up and see if they will offer me the same. My company comes under VPP so I am hoping they will offer it to me.

---***---***---

I leased a 2013 Leaf SL with Premium package, Floor Mats & Cargo Area Mat and Safety Kit (ie. First Aid Kit and Emergency Kit). It is Blue Ocean in color. It was raining like crazy today in the Bay Area so I did not snap any photos of it...but you all know what Leafs look like. :)

State : California
Sales tax % : 9.00% (Alameda County)
Leaf Trim, options : SL, Premium Package, Floor Mats, Cargo Area Mat and Safety Kit
MSRP : $36,985.00
Invoice : (if you know) Forgot...around $34,900 maybe?
Negotiated Price : $33,428.00 (Total Gross Capitalized Cost was $34,023.00 which includes the Acquisition fee below)
Taxes, Title, Registration : $595.00 (Acquisition fee)
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) : None
Money Factor : .00043
Downpayment : $0.00 (Absolutely nothing!). The dealership used the $7,500.00 rebate monies to pay for all the amounts due at Lease Signing
Monthly payment: $394.79 (including tax @ 9.00%)
Term: 36 months
Mileage: 15,000 miles per year

xbox409 said:

1. Is this a god deal?

Thanks in advance
The numbers you are getting is voodoo math. You need to focus on the total cost of the car and the lease. That $133 a month is not a real number, but one designed to get you in the door. It doesn't include tax, acquisition fee, title, license, doc, the steering wheel, etc. Why do you think dealers throw numbers at you but never tell you the only important number, the selling price of the car?

The MSRP on the S with charger is around $31,300. The dealer cost is around $29,550. Ask them what the selling price of the car is based on your lease quote and you will then be able to evaluate your deal and compare apples to apples. I've helped 49 forum members, including three today, get VPP pricing here in San Jose. That's why I focus on the price of the car. All the other numbers are controlled by the Nissan Corp lease terms. The selling price is the negotiable variable. Focus on it and the total cost of your lease and don't let them get you to take your eye off the ball.

LeftieBiker said:
Aside from the details, I suggest you try for $0 or close to it down, and a higher monthly payment. This protects you if the car gets totaled, because otherwise you don't get your down payment back - the lease just ends. I wish I'd known that.

Thanks, that's a great point. I will ask and hopefully I can join you guys as leaf owners. ;)

Corina1231 said:
The numbers you are getting is voodoo math. You need to focus on the total cost of the car and the lease. That $133 a month is not a real number, but one designed to get you in the door. It doesn't include tax, acquisition fee, title, license, doc, the steering wheel, etc. Why do you think dealers throw numbers at you but never tell you the only important number, the selling price of the car?

The MSRP on the S with charger is around $31,300. The dealer cost is around $29,550. Ask them what the selling price of the car is based on your lease quote and you will then be able to evaluate your deal and compare apples to apples. I've helped 49 forum members, including three today, get VPP pricing here in San Jose. That's why I focus on the price of the car. All the other numbers are controlled by the Nissan Corp lease terms. The selling price is the negotiable variable. Focus on it and the total cost of your lease and don't let them get you to take your eye off the ball.

I have never leased before and what you pointed out above is exactly what I need. :) The dealer never at one time give me any quote on the actual price of the car, instead, they kept telling me the $133 is a crazy # and I have to jump on it before it disappears, blah blah blah. I am so glad to find this forum. I am also in San Jose, would it be possible to pm me the dealer(s) that you dealt with and think they are "honest"?

Thanks a lot

latenight71 said:
When leasing I don't like to think about anything but whats the total i'm paying over the life of the lease. If you're comparing your deal with the $2000 down / 199 a month its 9288 vs 9164. You can probably bring them down a few dollars. Because its a lease you can probably get them to do 0 down and get the same total payments and you're better protected if the car gets wrecked.

Great idea, I will give it a try. Thank you for replying.
I would ask for 0 Down and $255 a month which would make your total spend $9180

With the help of Corina1231 I got a Black SL + Premium Package + Floor Mats and Cargo Mat in San Jose

Here are the details of my lease :-

3Year, 15K, 0$ Out the door
35 Payments of 414.99$

Total Gross Capitalized Cost = 33475.50(Negotiated Price) + 595.00(Acquisition Fee) + 675.00(Maintenance Contract) = 34745.50
Discount = 7500$ - (1st Month Payment + Reg Fee + Tax + Sales Tax + Document Prep Fee + DMV Fee) = 6118.63
Adjusted Capitalized Cost = 28626.87
Residual Value = 15573.60

deekay said:
With the help of Corina1231 I got a Black SL + Premium Package + Floor Mats and Cargo Mat in San Jose

Here are the details of my lease :-

3Year, 15K, 0$ Out the door
35 Payments of 414.99$

Total Gross Capitalized Cost = 33475.50(Negotiated Price) + 595.00(Acquisition Fee) + 675.00(Maintenance Contract) = 34745.50
Discount = 7500$ - (1st Month Payment + Reg Fee + Tax + Sales Tax + Document Prep Fee + DMV Fee) = 6118.63
Adjusted Capitalized Cost = 28626.87
Residual Value = 15573.60

That's an especially good deal if you think you will want to buy the car when the lease ends. My residual is $18+k

Corina1231 - Ron,

Does NMAC set different residuals by state? I am in GA and it seems like the values are different than lets say in CA. I am thinking it might be due to the GA state credit that is available for us. Can anyone confirm once the residuals are set they are set for the entire US? Also, how often is the MF and residuals changed? Looking to be educated further...

Great forum and great folks..

Charles

Congrats on the great deal deekay!

I love my Leaf and Lease! The optionality of the lease is good too ... when I had my old SUV, the lease came due in January 2009. The residual was $20k, but the leasing company let me buy for $16k and skip the last 3 months of payments! Luck of timing ...

Does anyone want to guess what the real residual value will be in two years. Consider these thoughts: 1) Many Leaf returns will be entering the 'used' market. 2) At this very moment, Nissan is researching current owners reactions to a heavier Leaf, with about 20% more battery. 3) Competition is growing monthly in price and ranges. 4) The Fiat 500 is readily available for customer test drives this month. Its to small but faster and has an extra 10 miles range with a 6.6 kw charger. Except for the label,the car is not Italian. The power train is German and the vehicle is assembled in Mexico and Korea. 5) In two years Volt will be cheaper and have a longer range. 6) Tesla will still be strong and available to more customers. I doubt my residual value will be relvent in two years. You can buy a used Leaf with low mileage for around $19000 on Craig's List. It will take some real guessing to see what a 2011 Leaf will sell for in 2015. :?: I love my Leaf.

Back