2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If all you ever use is AC, then the 2013 S is actually more efficient than the SL or SV. The heat pump is far more efficient at heating, but somewhat less efficient at cooling...

go0fee said:
I can stand the cold much more than the heat...I hate it when it's Summer but I'm ok with the mild winters we have in SoCal.

that is a total of $9196, or $255/month for 36 months.

for 24 months though you should be seeing something like $220/month for an 'S' and going up to $250/month for an SV.

Your 3-yr cost: $1083+$258*35=$10133
His/Her 3-yr cost: $272*36=$9792

If "minderaser" is not living in CA, you will pay less (as you have additional $2,500 rebate).

sitech said:
Seems to be a bit higher than mine. I'm in CA, same car, same charge package, same lease terms. $258 a month inc taxes but I did had to pay $1083 even though it's $0 down due to tax, title, license, doc fee, etc.

TomT said:
If all you ever use is AC, then the 2013 S is actually more efficient than the SL or SV. The heat pump is far more efficient at heating, but somewhat less efficient at cooling...

Oh that's very good to hear. Since you're in Grananda Hills, you know what I mean about the hot summers. I use to live in Granada Hills, well about 20 years ago, going to Porter Jr. High and we always had NO PE days due to the high heat and smog. I simply hate Summers and ALWAYS need AC on or I'll sweat like a pig. So this bit of info is very good indeed for my situation.

For the folks in the colder climates with snow, seems they for sure will need at least the SV for the heat pump. Glad this forum existed so potential buyers can get good info from actual owners.

I need your help
I just "bought" (leased) my Leaf on Saturday
2013 SV with QC
15k miles / year
Slate on Black

4000 trade in
3500 cash
216$ monthly payments for 3 years

I still need to apply for the 2500 rebate and Carpool Stickers
I'm in CA, orange county, purchased at Tustin Nissan

1 Question ... Do you think this was a good deal ?
2. I am planning to go there and get a second one and he mentioned he could knock another 1500 off this quote. (I want 2500 off)
What would you recommend ? Different dealer/quote/package ?

mepeh said:
I need your help
2013 SV with QC
15k miles / year
Slate on Black

4000 trade in
3500 cash

2. I am planning to go there and get a second one and he mentioned he could knock another 1500 off this quote. (I want 2500 off)

Did you put $7500 total down? :eek: Because if you did, not only is the answer no, it's HELL NO! unless it's to pay off an upside-down trade (which complicates figuring out how "good" your deal really is).

My VPP Lease:

24 month for 18k miles/year
$279 monthly
$1000 drive off.

$7417 total for 24 months with a 49% residual.

This is for the Leaf S with QC.

Does this seem like a good deal? Thank you in advance.

$279*23+$1000=$7417
$7417/24=$309

I think it's much higher than what people here got, but you got 18K miles/yr (usually it's 12K or 15K).

skstar said:
My VPP Lease:

24 month for 18k miles/year
$279 monthly
$1000 drive off.

$7417 total for 24 months with a 49% residual.

This is for the Leaf S with QC.

Does this seem like a good deal? Thank you in advance.

I live in Bay area and have round trip of 73 miles daily commute (have charging facility at work too)

I am looking for SV and was offered this deal for leaseL
$2500 down (Dealer told that she will get $2500 rebate check back from state)
$250 per month (including tax) for 3 year lease (12K miles)
Free charging equipment at home
$599 for End of lease

Does this seem like a good deal? anything else to watch out for.

thanks.

lexie said:
I live in Bay area and have round trip of 73 miles daily commute (have charging facility at work too)
If most of the commute is highway, you will definitely need to charge at work to avoid range anxiety on the way home.

cwerdna said:
lexie said:
If most of the commute is highway, you will definitely need to charge at work to avoid range anxiety on the way home.

thanks. I am ok with charging at work. What's your opinion on the lease deal?

RonDawg said:
mepeh said:
I need your help
2013 SV with QC
15k miles / year
Slate on Black

4000 trade in
3500 cash

Did you put $7500 total down? :eek: Because if you did, not only is the answer no, it's HELL NO! unless it's to pay off an upside-down trade (which complicates figuring out how "good" your deal really is).

So i went the next day and got the second one.
Idk why you think this a Hell No deal.
I forgot to mention that i will get a 2500 rebate, so my down payment comes to 5000.

He did offer me more than i expected for my trade in, but it was paid off. Anyway, i think it's worth 4000 that he gave me for it

At 5000 down with 200$ a month payments this is not a bad deal for an SV for 36 months lease and 15k miles limit. That's 12000 at the end of the lease out of pocket.

My next purchase was an S model with Quick Charge that was 4000-(2500 rebate) down and 246/month payments.
Which comes down to $10110 out of pocket for the 36 month lease with 15k miles. They did include some kind of coverage for the electronics and did not charge me for it.
Free oil changes on my other non-nissan car :) included

I'm sure there are way better deals out there. I went to Connel in Costa Mesa after i got my deal at Tustin Nissan and those guys only offered a 500$ better deal on the SV, but would not take my trade in (salvage). I'm fine with the idea that i may have lost 500-1000 on this, but i sure got the colors and packages i wanted. I'm even surprised those combos where available :)

mepeh said:
RonDawg said:
mepeh said:
I need your help
2013 SV with QC
15k miles / year
Slate on Black

4000 trade in
3500 cash

I forgot to mention that i will get a 2500 rebate, so my down payment comes to 5000.

He did offer me more than i expected for my trade in, but it was paid off. Anyway, i think it's worth 4000 that he gave me for it

At 5000 down with 200$ a month payments this is not a bad deal for an SV for 36 months lease and 15k miles limit. That's 12000 at the end of the lease out of pocket.

My next purchase was an S model with Quick Charge that was 4000-(2500 rebate) down and 246/month payments.
Which comes down to $10110 out of pocket for the 36 month lease with 15k miles. They did include some kind of coverage for the electronics and did not charge me for it.

I'm sure there are way better deals out there. I went to Connel in Costa Mesa after i got my deal at Tustin Nissan and those guys only offered a 500$ better deal on the SV, but would not take my trade in (salvage). I'm fine with the idea that i may have lost 500-1000 on this, but i sure got the colors and packages i wanted. I'm even surprised those combos where available :)
Glad you are happy with your deals. Enjoy your 2 Leafs!

I probably would've taken a deal like this if I hadn't found out about this forum and read through it. You're out more like $1,500 - $2000 but as long as you're happy.

I'm happy and smile every time I drive by the gas station. With the savings in not having to pump gas in a 20 gallon vehicle at about $4 a gallon (CA), I'm driving almost free. All the drive off fees, tax, title, license, etc. have been more than taken care of by the $2,500 CA state rebate and the monthly payments are offset by the savings in not having to pump gas anymore. The electric bill increase is pretty negligible if you sign up for the off-peak charge plans most utilities have.

If the round trip range fits in anyones daily commute (or if you're lucky enough to be able to charge at work), it's really a no brainer.

go0fee said:
I probably would've taken a deal like this if I hadn't found out about this forum and read through it. You're out more like $1,500 - $2000 but as long as you're happy.

I'm happy and smile every time I drive by the gas station. With the savings in not having to pump gas in a 20 gallon vehicle at about $4 a gallon (CA), I'm driving almost free. All the drive off fees, tax, title, license, etc. have been more than taken care of by the $2,500 CA state rebate and the monthly payments are offset by the savings in not having to pump gas anymore. The electric bill increase is pretty negligible if you sign up for the off-peak charge plans most utilities have.

If the round trip range fits in anyones daily commute (or if you're lucky enough to be able to charge at work), it's really a no brainer.

True, looks like i overpaid a bit, but it was impossible to convince Connel or Stadium Nissan in Anaheim to give me a better deal. Even if they could give me one, the next charcoal on black would only show up in a couple of weeks from what they told me.
I wanted an SV Slate on Black for the second car and checked the inventory in 100 miles radius and nobody had one. That's why i settled with a light Sliver S with QC

I do have an EV charging station at work that is free, so i will rarely 'pump' electrons at work.
All my ICE cars are due for maintenance, now they just have to wait a little until i get rich :)

By the way.. all the super great deals that i found here in this thread are going extinct.
When i bought my second leaf, a couple in front of me tarded in their paid off 2011 Jeep Liberty with 30k miles and got the Leaf + 420$ a month payments .. needless to say the couple came back crying the next day and the dealer refused to cancel the agreement..

mepeh said:

The monthly payment is fine...it's the drive off on the lease that's way, way high. I think that's the highest drive off that anybody has posted here. Most drive off charges posted here have ranged from zero (quite a few) to about $4k, with the average being around $2k or so, excluding any state/local rebates nor any negative equity on a trade-in.

And even with a 15k/year lease for 3 years, a total cost of ownership (including CVRP rebate) of $12k is a lot. I am only on a 12k/year lease, but if I drove it for 45000 miles my total cost of ownership (including CVRP rebate) is less than $9900, that includes the 15 cents/excess mile penalty. And my car stickered for $36k, more than yours did.

The reason high drive-offs on leases is discouraged is because the way NMAC structures its lease contracts, you lose every penny of your drive-off if the car becomes an insurance write-off for any reason, even if the car's salvage value is greater than the lease payoff.

RonDawg said:
The reason high drive-offs on leases is discouraged is because the way NMAC structures its lease contracts, you lose every penny of your drive-off if the car becomes an insurance write-off for any reason, even if the car's salvage value is greater than the lease payoff.

I've read that in this thread. I do loose everything i built up if the car is gone.
They mentioned that if the car isn't recovered in 30 day, I will get 2500 towards the next purchase. It doesn't help too much if you are close to the lease end.

Ron do you have VPP ?
Because nobody will sell you an SV below 10k out of pocket for the full lease.
I tried emailing and calling 3-4 dealers and went in person to other 2 dealers, Tustin and Connell and they seem to have the best feedback on this forum. Connel could only beat the Tustin's quote by 500$ but the car would only be here with the new inventory in 2 weeks from now.
500$ / 36 payments is something i can live with.

I know some people like the 0$ down and big payments. I'm one of those that is ready to pay 80% on down payment just to have car payments that are close to my cellphone bill :)
I'll spend 550$ on 2 Brand New cars with full coverage, maintenance and 'fuel', something only a few people around can claim, i think.
And i can put 30k miles a year on them. 90k miles in 3 years .. TAXI Mode ON :)

DaveinOlyWA said:
jerrychoco said:
Hi devlish,

I am in Seattle area and would appreciate if you can PM the dealer who leased your leaf. Thanks
After u send that pm, can u post that info here unless your dealer told u not too...
He already posted the dealer before a number of these people asking without reading all the posts.

devilish wrote:
sorry forgot to add that this includes VPP as well.
I got this from Younker Nissan in renton, WA.
The following post requested contact details, but the other asked "What dealership?" even after it had been given.

Hi devlish,
Can you pm me the contact details for this dealership?
Probably from lagging behind on reading (or skip reading) posts and being trigger itchy.
I've been wading my way through this thread copying out info pertinent to me for my future file and I know it takes a while to catch up.

By the way, I've enjoyed reading your blog entries and have learned a lot. Of course I'm behind in reading that too.

If I misunderstood anything, it is probably because I'm very tired.

Back