2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BayAreaLeafer said:
I leased my nissan leaf recently and one of the key drivers for getting EV was to be able to drive in HOV lane. During leasing process, I had to make my wife as primary applicant as her company was listed in VPP program and hence I became co-lessee

Now, looking at CA-DMV site it feels like HOV sticker/ID would be issued to owner (primary) only. That would not help me, as I will be primary driver of this car. I am also on the lease application but not sure if that counts or not.

Please share any inputs/guidance on this topic.

You apply for the HOV sticker as usual once you get your license plates. I am a Leaf lessee and it's not a problem. I found the PDF copy of my application and I listed myself as the Primary Owner with no mention whatsoever of NMAC, and I still got my stickers.

The fact that the lessor (bank) is listed as a co-owner on the registration is more of a legal formality than anything else, you are ultimately legally responsible for the car and anything that occurs with it.

EDIT: specific thread created for this question

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14425&p=327435#p327435" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi KJD,

Thank you for the congrats. Also thank you for listing up all the available EVSE alternatives on Amazon. There sure are a lot of options.

KJD said:
EnzoLeaf, congrats on the new LEAF. An amazon search for EVSE listed several charge stations.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_4?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=evse%20level%202%20charger&sprefix=EVSE%2Caps%2C251" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The new Bosch unit has a lower price, but you will have to wait a few weeks to get one of these.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=12744" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow, it's been 40 already?! I was #28 on Corina1231 help list (Lease Date: Aug 21st, 2013) :) I live near SF but commuted down to San Jose, where he helped me get pretty much the same great deal as yourself. 2013 Silver SL w/ Premium Package. floor mats, etc. I put down $2000 for reduced monthly payments of $352. Same terms 15k miles and 36 month lease. Great deal! I've already driven mine to Sacramento and back (free L3 chargers in Vacaville and Elk Grove) and put 1800 miles on it already! Yikes.

Thanks again to Corina1231 for the tremendous help!

EnzoLeaf said:
Hi all,

This is my first post on MNL.com. I just want to reach out and say a huge thank you to Corina1231 for the excellent help in leasing my first Leaf. Corina1231 has probably helped 40 of us San Francisco Bay Area Leaf owners in getting awesome deals on the Leaf leases.

I leased a 2013 Leaf SL with Premium package, Floor Mats & Cargo Area Mat and Safety Kit (ie. First Aid Kit and Emergency Kit). It is Blue Ocean in color. It was raining like crazy today in the Bay Area so I did not snap any photos of it...but you all know what Leafs look like. :)

State : California
Sales tax % : 9.00% (Alameda County)
Leaf Trim, options : SL, Premium Package, Floor Mats, Cargo Area Mat and Safety Kit
MSRP : $36,985.00
Invoice : (if you know) Forgot...around $34,900 maybe?
Negotiated Price : $33,428.00 (Total Gross Capitalized Cost was $34,023.00 which includes the Acquisition fee below)
Taxes, Title, Registration : $595.00 (Acquisition fee)
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) : None
Money Factor : .00043
Downpayment : $0.00 (Absolutely nothing!). The dealership used the $7,500.00 rebate monies to pay for all the amounts due at Lease Signing
Monthly payment: $394.79 (including tax @ 9.00%)
Term: 36 months
Mileage: 15,000 miles per year

I brought a checkbook with me and I did not even write a single check. Signed my life away on all the documents and walked out of the dealership driving away my new Leaf SL.

I am enjoying the car so far. Just have to look into a L2 EVSE and find an electrician now. Drove the car all over the place and ran it down to 28%. I think I will just let it charge in the standard 120V wall socket for the next 12 hours. I cannot wait to get my L2 charger. :)

Still trying to figure out how to use the Leaf. I have a lot of reading to do!

Hi Everyone,
I'm working through the 141 pages of this thread. Thanks to everyone that has contributed. We live in the East Bay of the San Francisco Bay Area. We're shopping for our first Leaf, our first new car, and are considering our first lease of a vehicle. I've found a lot of helpful information already.

At this point we're leaning towards a Blue 2013 Leaf SL. We're considering opting for a 36-month lease with hopefully close to $0 due at signing.

We can conveniently purchase a car from anywhere within 80 miles of 94803. That would include Sacramento, North Bay, South Bay as far as San Jose. We welcome any recommendations for dealers here in Northern California, and lease details would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!
Joe

No one seems to be giving the names of the dealer but me. People need to know where and where not to go. View Lesson 1 - How to select a dealer: http://lorenzoawallace.blogspot.com/2013/09/how-to-select-auto-dealership-lesson-1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, you can see my actual Atlanta lease http://lorenzoawallace.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-real-deal-my-actual-lease.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do not go to Capitol City Nissan.

joefj1200 said:
Hi Everyone,
I'm working through the 141 pages of this thread. Thanks to everyone that has contributed. We live in the East Bay of the San Francisco Bay Area. We're shopping for our first Leaf, our first new car, and are considering our first lease of a vehicle. I've found a lot of helpful information already.
Make sure you look at the charts from evnow back on page 138. It will give you an idea on what to expect price wise.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=11245&start=1370#p326371" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's the deal I've been offered:

Here are your two quotes for an S and SL for 36 months with VPP pricing. Both quotes are for 36 months, 12,000 miles a year:

2013 Nissan Leaf S (with charge package)
MSRP: $31,265
VPP pricing: $28,493
Nissan Lease Cash: $8,150
Drive Off: $1,995 + tax & license
Money Factor: .00003

Monthly: $193 + tax

2013 Nissan Leaf SL
MSRP: $35,690
VPP pricing: $32,811
Nissan Lease Cash: $7,500
Money Factor: .00043

Monthly: $262 + tax

Both these lease's will qualify you for the $2,500 back from the state. This is a cash rebate paid to you within 5 months.

The initial tax and license charged at signing is based on the tax on the rebate, and the DMV fee. This can be between $900-$995. The tax on the payments is ruffly $18 - $24 depending on what county you live in.

Sounds like a fairly good deal to me. Don't know if anyone has been able to do better at this point. I have heard something about different tiers of VPP pricing - not sure which one I'll have - my brother in law works for Inifiniti and will be getting me a code soon.

doconboards said:

Here are your two quotes for an S and SL for 36 months with VPP pricing. Both quotes are for 36 months, 12,000 miles a year:

2013 Nissan Leaf SL

Both these lease's will qualify you for the $2,500 back from the state. This is a cash rebate paid to you within 5 months.

The initial tax and license charged at signing is based on the tax on the rebate, and the DMV fee. This can be between $900-$995. The tax on the payments is ruffly $18 - $24 depending on what county you live in.

Sounds like a fairly good deal to me. Don't know if anyone has been able to do better at this point. I have heard something about different tiers of VPP pricing - not sure which one I'll have - my brother in law works for Inifiniti and will be getting me a code soon.
I'll be happy to help you secure a better deal if you are in the San Jose area. Just pm me when you have decided on a model. Glad you are getting your first EV! Ron

Corina1231 said:
doconboards said:

2013 Nissan Leaf SL

I'll be happy to help you secure a better deal if you are in the San Jose area. Just pm me when you have decided on a model. Glad you are getting your first EV! Ron

Too bad I'm not in San Jose! I'm in Fullerton in SoCal. Thanks though.

doconboards said:
Corina1231 said:
doconboards said:

2013 Nissan Leaf SL

Too bad I'm not in San Jose! I'm in Fullerton in SoCal. Thanks though.

If you can't get a better deal in SoCal, Ron's assistance might be worth a road trip and shipping costs back home. Or you could be adventurous and spend a couple of days driving the car back south :mrgreen:

I have been looking at leasing a Nissan Leaf S, and have been offered the following terms and wanted to know if I should press for better. I have been in contact with dealers all over the bay area and just want to make sure i am not selling myself short on the pricing. The terms are:
State :CA
Sales tax % :8.25
Leaf Trim, options :S
MSRP :29820
Invoice : (if you know)27968
Negotiated Price :26540
Taxes, Title, Registration :?
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) :?
Money Factor :?
Downpayment :2500
Monthly payment :209 (includes tax)

Sorry for the lack of information on the taxes and money factor, that wasn't included in the quote when I took the information down. I can happily get it if that helps. Thanks in advance for the help!

-toph

Is this for 24 or 36 months? If it is for 36 months, this sounds like the official Nissan lease special, except for the down payment which is $1999 excluding tax, title, etc. So you're not getting ripped off, but many here feel you can do better.

You can expect to pay sales tax on the Capitalized Cost Reduction, which includes the $7500 Federal tax credit passed on to you by Nissan, as well as any other cash included by Nissan, your dealer, and/or yourself. I believe for the official lease special, Nissan's total contribution (including the tax rebate) towards the Capitalized Cost Reduction is around $8100, so at your local tax rate you will be paying about $670 in sales taxes, plus sales tax on the monthly payment (which you've already included) and on your down payment as well. Reg fees were $308 for my car (9% sales tax where I am) but that was for a car that MSRP'd at around $36k, so you'll be paying a bit less than me. Doc fee was $80, "DMV Processing Fee" was $29, the tax on the Doc fee was $7.

Don't forget to include the $595 Acquisition Fee and the $395 Disposition Fee if you choose to not keep the car (or $300 if you do choose to buy it).

RonDawg said:
Is this for 24 or 36 months? If it is for 36 months, this sounds like the official Nissan lease special, except for the down payment which is $1999 excluding tax, title, etc. So you're not getting ripped off, but many here feel you can do better.

You can expect to pay sales tax on the Capitalized Cost Reduction, which includes the $7500 Federal tax credit passed on to you by Nissan, as well as any other cash included by Nissan, your dealer, and/or yourself. I believe for the official lease special, Nissan's total contribution (including the tax rebate) towards the Capitalized Cost Reduction is around $8100, so at your local tax rate you will be paying about $670 in sales taxes, plus sales tax on the monthly payment (which you've already included) and on your down payment as well. Reg fees were $308 for my car (9% sales tax where I am) but that was for a car that MSRP'd at around $36k, so you'll be paying a bit less than me. Doc fee was $80, "DMV Processing Fee" was $29, the tax on the Doc fee was $7.

Don't forget to include the $595 Acquisition Fee and the $395 Disposition Fee if you choose to not keep the car (or $300 if you do choose to buy it).

I think I may have made a mistake filling out the form. The down is the total out the door costs and includes the fees + taxes mentioned in your post. After reading through this thread I think the easiest way to compare is the total cost of the lease, in this case it would be (209)*36 + $2500 = $10,024. From the frontpage I gathered the lowest amount i could expect to pay is $7760, however I assumed that this did not include taxes and fees, would this be correct? Again, thanks for the help.

drtoph said:
RonDawg said:

I think I may have made a mistake filling out the form. The down is the total out the door costs and includes the fees + taxes mentioned in your post. After reading through this thread I think the easiest way to compare is the total cost of the lease, in this case it would be (209)*36 + $2500 = $10,024. From the frontpage I gathered the lowest amount i could expect to pay is $7760, however I assumed that this did not include taxes and fees, would this be correct? Again, thanks for the help.

Actually, your total cost is (209 x35) + 2500, as the first payment is usually required at drive-off unless it is a no-money-down lease. If those costs include all government fees then I would say it's pretty good for a 36 month lease, but someone else may have a different opinion.

Also don't forget that you are eligible for the $2500 CVRP rebate from the state, since you are leasing for 3 years. I understand they just got a fresh infusion of cash.

Advertised specials almost never include tax, because that varies by county, and in some counties it also varies by city.

Hi, I just joined MNLEAF.com and thinking about leasing a leaf.

I live in the Bay Area(San Jose) area.

I'm interested in Glacier White 2013 Nissan Leaf S with just the carpet floor mat. But, I think most comes with mud guard which I don't mind although I really don't need the mud guard.

I have been to several dealers and here's the two offer I got.

I'm thinking it can be better but wanted to ask you folks here what you think. Thanks!
The offer from 2nd dealer is somewhat difficult to understand...for me.

DEAL 1)
2013 Nissan Leaf S with VPP
Market Value $29990 (with mug guard, carpet floor mat, $25 cargo net)
No invoice was printed last night as he said Nissan is closed at 9PM PST.
He said he can print it out today.

Discount -$2620
Vehicle selling price $27370
Acquisition Fee $595
Total Cap $27965
Down/Cah Cap Reduction -$3000
Rebate Savings -$8150
Net Cap $16815.00

Base Payment $137.55
Monthly Tax $12.04
36 Month Payment $149.59

Down/Cash Cap Reduction $3000
Document Prep fee $80
License Title $266
Tire/BatteryVTR Fee $8.75
Other Fee $39
Tax on Collected items $982.63
1st Payment $149.59
Due on Delivery $4525.97

Annual Mile $12000
Residual 39+1=40%
Residual Amount $11996

tax 8.75%

DEALER 2)
Invoice 26986 MSRP 28800
COV cargo cover 220 295
FLO Floor mats & carg 132 170
SGD splash guards 115 145
Destination charge 850 850
Marketing assessment 274 X
Total 28577 30260

MSRP 30260
Residual 40.00%
Lease end value 12104
Initial cap cost 28700
Rebate 8500
Customer Cash Down 3000
Cash Cap Reduction 1544.94(don't know where this number is coming from..)
Total Sales Tax 1501.89
Total Adds to Cap 595
Adj Cap Cost 19600.06
Rate/Money Factor 0.00003
Term 36
Mo Use Tax 8.7500% 18.30
Base Monthly Rental 209.17
Total Monthly Payment 227.47 (then with VPP he said it can bring down to 207.47. then if purchased soon, can do $200/month even.)
Total initial fees 107.50
Total annual fee 277
Driveoff 11150
Total working cash 11150

Those of you actively looking to lease may find this helpful. I compiled the following spreadsheet when i was trying to lease:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5I0tTZrAue6bVA3QTNKRk9jRkE/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It shows lease deals/quotes that various forum members posted, with additional summary calculation of Total Lease Cost and Per-Year Least Cost. I.E: The total amount you are paying out of pocket for a lease.

To me, these are the most important factors in getting a great lease deal. If others in the area are paying a total lease cost of X for a certain model, than you should be able to get X or less for the same model. "Monthly payments", "downpayments", "driveaway costs" etc are ways the dealer can fool you by confusing you with the details. For me, if you look at Total Lease Cost, you will be able to tell if you're being offered a good deal.

jjj240 said:
any one have good experience with Glendale Nissan (LA)?
if so, could you refer a sales person?
TIA
Never been to Glendale Nissan.

I do know that Danny @ Fontana Nissan will treat you right. The pricing was much better than what the dealers in SLC were doing.

http://www.fontananissan.com/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I could sure use some help I am driving a 1994 Eagle Vision and would like to get it off the streets
A new Leaf would be great but I don't have the time to play the dealers games so I keep driving what I have.

Ron I am going to PM you

everyone thanks for all this great information

Paul

Corina1231 said:
braineo said:
Corina1231 said:
I have a dealer in San Jose who is committed to the environment as well and has given my VPP pricing to 33 others who would not have otherwise qualified. If you are near San Jose I'll be glad to help you if your credit is excellent.

Ron

Ron can you elaborate about sharing the VPP love? I'm not VPP, but a good friend of mine is. Can we get a local dealer to give both my friend and I VPP prices?

Sure, pm me.

Well, I got my Leaf tonight. Thanks Ron. Even though I don't live in the Bay Area, the conversation you had with me allowed me to negotiate what I think was a pretty good deal

Leaf S with charging package.
MSRP $30650 (I think, just mats and splash guards)
I had the VPP $1000 below invoice.
Gross Cap Cost $27620.28
24 mo/12 K miles
Zero down.
Used the $8150 rebate from Nissan for the fees:
$280 Registration
$508.39 Tax on Cap Cost
$55 Doc fee
$29 DMV filing
$8.75 Tire fee
$595 Acq fee
$52 Tax on Acq fee

Which left $6354.87 for Cap Cost Reduction (after 1st months payment included).
for an Adjusted Cap cost of $21265.41
Residual value $15750 (50% on 31500, so I guess msrp was 31500, my mistake)

So $0 down 24mo/12K @ $266.99/mo.
$6140.77 total out of pocket for life of the lease.
$255.86 per month for the duration of the lease.

It was cheaper than anything I could get on a 3 year lease, even with the $2500 rebate (which I did not get on the 2 year).
The only bad thing was they didn't have blue! But I can live with black.

If anyone in So Cal is looking for a Leaf this weekend I might suggest Stadium Nissan in Anaheim. The lease special is going on, it's the end of the month and the GM really needed to hit his quota, and I was there at closing time - conditions were perfect for a good deal!

Back