2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evnow said:
Here is the new calculation - according to September money factor and residual.

The numbers aren't too different for 3 year lease. But they are more expensive for 2 years.

LeafLease.png

how can we get the vpp + loyalty. I am driving an Altima currently.
Please enlighten me.

NAVS said:
evnow said:

The numbers aren't too different for 3 year lease. But they are more expensive for 2 years.

LeafLease.png

Please enlighten me.
Folks who purchased or leased a Nissan Leaf in 2011 and 2012 received a coupon this past spring for $1000 credit toward the purchase or lease of any new Nissan (not Infinity). It expires Dec. 31, 2013.

Corina1231 said:
NAVS said:
evnow said:

LeafLease.png

Please enlighten me.
Folks who purchased or leased a Nissan Leaf in 2011 and 2012 received a coupon this past spring for $1000 credit toward the purchase or lease of any new Nissan (not Infinity). It expires Dec. 31, 2013.

Thank you. what about VPP?

First post...like others, found this forum invaluable in helping research the Leaf and find a deal...Here's what I got...
Leaf S with QC package and floor mats. Blue exterior
36month lease, 15k miles/yr

MSRP: $31,120
Negotiated price: $28,190
Residual value: $12,137
Total drive-off at signing: $2,000 (incl. tax, 1st mo payment, fees, etc.)
Monthly payment: $239/mo for 35 remaining mo
Disposition fee: $395 (seemed really high but wasn't negotiable anywhere I asked. was either $350 or $395 everywhere)

This was from an LA area dealer.
Loving the car (and happy with the deal)! Now anxious to get my HOV sticker and CA $2,500 rebate.

Please enlighten me.

----------
Folks who purchased or leased a Nissan Leaf in 2011 and 2012 received a coupon this past spring for $1000 credit toward the purchase or lease of any new Nissan (not Infinity).

If your company does business with Nissan, you qualify for nIssan VPP pricing, $1000 under dealer invoice. Go to http://www.insidenissan.com/do_you_qualify.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fc123 said:
First post...like others, found this forum invaluable in helping research the Leaf and find a deal...Here's what I got...

Disposition fee: $395 (seemed really high but wasn't negotiable anywhere I asked. was either $350 or $395 everywhere)

Loving the car (and happy with the deal)! Now anxious to get my HOV sticker and CA $2,500 rebate.

Hi fc123,

Congrat your new leaf. I am also in the market for leasing a leaf like yours in LA area. Could you post your dear info? Does $239/mo include tax?
Thanks in advance.

Leaf owners, I need some help regarding the trim levels.

Could you tell me what is the difference between trim level "S" + charge package
and trim level "SV"

I couldn't compare apples to apples from the Nissan website and dealer's explanation is not help either..:)

NAVS said:
Leaf owners, I need some help regarding the trim levels.

Could you tell me what is the difference between trim level "S" + charge package
and trim level "SV"

I couldn't compare apples to apples from the Nissan website and dealer's explanation is not help either..:)

The Leaf S even with the charge package will have:

No cruise control
No B mode regen
No heat-pump style heater (instead you will get the power-hungry resistance heater of the older cars)
No navigation system
No CarWings
Bluetooth for phone only, no Bluetooth music streaming
Charge Timer is End only, cannot set a specific Start time
Interior is only available in black cloth, and I believe fewer exterior color choices as well
Steel wheels with plastic hubcaps instead of alloy wheels

Ones without the Charge Package will also come with the slower 3.3 kW on board charger of the older cars.

There may be a few other things that I missed

kliu66 said:
fc123 said:

Hi fc123,

Congrat your new leaf. I am also in the market for leasing a leaf like yours in LA area. Could you post your dear info? Does $239/mo include tax?
Thanks in advance.

$239/mo included taxes. PM if you need more. I think it is similar to VPP pricing. I think possible to negotiate close to VPP pricing (even if not formally VPP qualified) but not sure.

I am a bay area resident (SF area) and today I was told by a dealer that tax credit/rebates are not offered anymore for Nissan Leaf by government. I could not validate that information anywhere. Anyone has recently bought in CA area or knows what is the truth?

Also, what is the tax credit if one leases the car, say 2 years lease.

Thanks!!

BayAreaLeafer said:
I am a bay area resident (SF area) and today I was told by a dealer that tax credit/rebates are not offered anymore for Nissan Leaf by government. I could not validate that information anywhere. Anyone has recently bought in CA area or knows what is the truth?

Thanks!!
Really? So why not tell us who the "dealer" is who supposedly told you this? Your last question makes this information suspect, since there has never been a State tax credit for a two year lease.

BayAreaLeafer started a new thread with his question here: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14398" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Corina1231 said:
BayAreaLeafer said:

Thanks!!
Really? So why not tell us who the "dealer" is who supposedly told you this? Your last question makes this information suspect, since there has never been a State tax credit for a two year lease.

Latest figures show plenty of $ available:

You are hereHome » Programs » Program Overview » Rebate Funding Status
Rebate Status for the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project
Currently Pending $367,900
Currently Reserved
(Fiscal Years 2012-2014) $12,424,350
Remaining Funds $1,500,014
Rebates Issued $60,387,982

Thanks Corina, I got the information from an east bay dealer last evening and I think it would not be nice to get into name calling in this forum. I am visiting a south bay dealer today so I would get a chance to ask more questions on this topic including the state tax rebate criteria. I appreciate you taking time to respond on this topic!

Corina1231 said:
Corina1231 said:
BayAreaLeafer said:

Thanks!!

Latest figures show plenty of $ available:

You are hereHome » Programs » Program Overview » Rebate Funding Status
Rebate Status for the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project
Currently Pending $367,900
Currently Reserved
(Fiscal Years 2012-2014) $12,424,350
Remaining Funds $1,500,014
Rebates Issued $60,387,982

So, I went to a south bay dealer today and it felt like they tried to rip me off good but I am still collecting information so I am not quite sure. Here is what they offered me for a 36M lease for S model with QC --

Market Value - 31,265
Selling Price - 28,493 + 595 Acquisition fees (Total 29,088)
Down payment - 2000
Due on Delivery -- 3613 (includes downpayment + first payment + fees/taxes)
Monthly Payment - 240 (including taxes)
Annual Miles -- 12K
Residual amount - 12506 (40% of 31265)

Is this a bad deal or have things changed significantly in last month or so? I have not shopped around yet so don't really know. Thanks

Thank you to all the contributors of this site. The information has been very helpful in my decision to move forward with a Nissan Leaf lease. I am new to this so please bare with me.
information:
California, sales tax 9%, trim SV with quick charge option or base SL with no options, best pricing I have found is through the Costco auto purchase referral program, which is $800 under invoice, taxes/title/reg. & other fees -various amounts quoted, money factor on the SV is .00014 and on the SL is .00043, down payment $2,000, 36 months, 12,000 miles a year.

Given the limited information I have provided (sorry), what would a good deal look like? Still trying to finalize a deal. Talking to 3-4 dealers.

I have excellent credit. Can the money factor be negotiated?

Has anyone heard of paying tax on the $7,500 rebate that is being paid to the dealer from the federal government?

My friend's husband works at a Nissan dealership. I may be able to get a VPP code. How does this stand up against Costco pricing?

I welcome any other relevant leasing tips that will help me become part of the Leaf community.

MICHAELMCB said:
Thank you to all the contributors of this site. The information has been very helpful in my decision to move forward with a Nissan Leaf lease. I am new to this so please bare with me.
information:
California, sales tax 9%, trim SV with quick charge option or base SL with no options, best pricing I have found is Costco which is $800 under invoice, taxes/title/reg. & other fees -various amounts quoted, money factor on the SV is .00014 and on the SL is .00043, down payment $2,000, 36 months, 12,000 miles a year.

Given the limited information I have provided (sorry), what would a good deal look like? Still trying to finalize a deal. Talking to 3-4 dealers.

I have excellent credit. Can the money factor be negotiated?

Has anyone heard of paying tax on the $7,500 rebate that is being paid to the dealer from the federal government?

My friend's husband works at a Nissan dealership. I may be able to get a VPP code. How does this stand up against Costco pricing?

I welcome any other relevant leasing tips that will help put me become part of the Leaf community.

Does costco let us lease Nissan leaf?

Hi all,

This is my first post on MNL.com. I just want to reach out and say a huge thank you to Corina1231 for the excellent help in leasing my first Leaf. Corina1231 has probably helped 40 of us San Francisco Bay Area Leaf owners in getting awesome deals on the Leaf leases.

I leased a 2013 Leaf SL with Premium package, Floor Mats & Cargo Area Mat and Safety Kit (ie. First Aid Kit and Emergency Kit). It is Blue Ocean in color. It was raining like crazy today in the Bay Area so I did not snap any photos of it...but you all know what Leafs look like. :)

State : California
Sales tax % : 9.00% (Alameda County)
Leaf Trim, options : SL, Premium Package, Floor Mats, Cargo Area Mat and Safety Kit
MSRP : $36,985.00
Invoice : (if you know) Forgot...around $34,900 maybe?
Negotiated Price : $33,428.00 (Total Gross Capitalized Cost was $34,023.00 which includes the Acquisition fee below)
Taxes, Title, Registration : $595.00 (Acquisition fee)
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) : None
Money Factor : .00043
Downpayment : $0.00 (Absolutely nothing!). The dealership used the $7,500.00 rebate monies to pay for all the amounts due at Lease Signing
Monthly payment: $394.79 (including tax @ 9.00%)
Term: 36 months
Mileage: 15,000 miles per year

I brought a checkbook with me and I did not even write a single check. Signed my life away on all the documents and walked out of the dealership driving away my new Leaf SL.

I am enjoying the car so far. Just have to look into a L2 EVSE and find an electrician now. Drove the car all over the place and ran it down to 28%. I think I will just let it charge in the standard 120V wall socket for the next 12 hours. I cannot wait to get my L2 charger. :)

Still trying to figure out how to use the Leaf. I have a lot of reading to do!

EnzoLeaf, congrats on the new LEAF. An amazon search for EVSE listed several charge stations.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_4?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=evse%20level%202%20charger&sprefix=EVSE%2Caps%2C251" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The new Bosch unit has a lower price, but you will have to wait a few weeks to get one of these.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=12744" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I leased my nissan leaf recently and one of the key drivers for getting EV was to be able to drive in HOV lane. During leasing process, I had to make my wife as primary applicant as her company was listed in VPP program and hence I became co-lessee

Now, looking at CA-DMV site it feels like HOV sticker/ID would be issued to owner (primary) only. That would not help me, as I will be primary driver of this car. I am also on the lease application but not sure if that counts or not.

Please share any inputs/guidance on this topic.

Back