2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, please DO NOT sign over that CVRP rebate check to the dealer! He meant that once you get the check, it will offset the total cost, but not in the same way as the Federal credit. Many people take that money and replenish their savings, install an L2 charging station at home, or in my case have to pay for an unexpected plumbing repair a month after I got the car :roll:

As far as the CVRP, currently there is a waiting list to the tune of $10-11 million dollars worth of applications. The CVRP ran out of money a couple of months ago, and it won't be until sometime after July 1 before it is replenished.

I'm not trying to dissuade you from taking a 36 month lease in order to take advantage of the CVRP, but do realize it could be several months' wait before that check shows up in your mailbox.

go0fee said:
Please let me know if this is a bad deal. I actually think it's pretty bad based on other posts in this thread but would like some opinions/suggestions.

2013 LEAF SV standard
MSRP 33,135
-1,647 dealer discount
-7,500 fed tax credit
Cap Cost 23,988
36 month lease, 12k miles per year (only doing 36 for Cali rebate of 2,500 although another post said it's the same or worse than a 24 month lease even with the Cali rebate :?: )
Residual of 16,236 or about 49%
MF of .00178

Drive off is 1,362 which breaks down as
1st month's pmt - 334.49 (307 + 9% sales tax)

So final is 1,362 drive off + 35 months at 307 + 9% tax and this is what the dealer emailed me.

FWIW I leased a 2013 SV with Premium Package from Cerritos, CA in March.
36 month lease, 15,000 miles/yr, $2400 down, $280/mo (including taxes)

Drove home my leaf S + QC + mats + splashguards today, I am in Georgia and here are the lease deals.

24 months / 15k miles/year $247OTD price/month for 24 months no down payment.

winsats said:
Drove home my leaf S + QC + mats + splashguards today, I am in Georgia and here are the lease deals.

24 months / 15k miles/year $247OTD price/month for 24 months no down payment.

Just wanted people to know, couple of weeks ago I had offered gwinnet place Nissan $225 otd for S + QC/splash/mats etc VPP for 24 months 15k miles/ year. I told them to not bother me if they cannot come to my price.

They called me today and said that my offer looks competitive and that they could do very close.

Winsats wrote:

Just wanted people to know, couple of weeks ago I had offered gwinnet place Nissan $225 otd for S + QC/splash/mats etc VPP for 24 months 15k miles/ year. I told them to not bother me if they cannot come to my price.

They called me today and said that my offer looks competitive and that they could do very close.

Typical dealer - "they could do very close". Why don't they just tell you what they can do? Dealer talk for "why don't you come back in so we can grind, confuse and abuse you some more?".

And while I am sounding off on dealers, a VPP price is $1000 under invoice. You either are getting the VPP price or you are not. Neither the deal you got or the one the other dealer said "they could do very close" is a VPP deal $1000 under invoice. Last week a poor guy posted that he got a VPP deal of $2000 down, $214 a month on an SV w/ QC/led. Two days later I helped a forum member get the same car for the TRUE VPP deal of $2000, 170 a month, $1000 under invoice. The dealers' MSRP was the same and their invoice was the same. Both dealers get $1000 back from Nissan for doing the "VPP" deal. 'Nuff said.

Corina1231 said:
Winsats wrote:

Typical dealer - "they could do very close". Why don't they just tell you what they can do? Dealer talk for "why don't you come back in so we can grind, confuse and abuse you some more?".

And while I am sounding off on dealers, a VPP price is $1000 under invoice. You either are getting the VPP price or you are not. Neither the deal you got or the one the other dealer said "they could do very close" is a VPP deal $1000 under invoice. Last week a poor guy posted that he got a VPP deal of $2000 down, $214 a month on an SV w/ QC/led. Two days later I helped a forum member get the same car for the TRUE VPP deal of $2000, 170 a month, $1000 under invoice. The dealers' MSRP was the same and their invoice was the same. Both dealers get $1000 back from Nissan for doing the "VPP" deal. 'Nuff said.

After I posted the above, I had some private emails asking about VPP, so I thought others might benefit from my response:

A dealer is not required to honor VPP prices. Nissan can't force that on a dealer. What dealers are doing is asking customers whether they are VPP, or customers come in announcing they are VPP, and the dealers go back and have a high five celebration in the office. Why? Because whatever deal they make with you they can tell Nissan you were VPP, apply the VPP code number for your business in their computer on your lease deal, and get $1000 back from Nissan.

It's sounds elementary, but if they say you are getting a VPP deal you then need to demand your VPP $1000 off and that they show you the invoice, not MSRP, for starters. You can't trust or assume. It's not over. Next you have to make sure that some mysterious add on tricks don't occur between that VPP selling price and your ultimate lease price if you are leasing. Several forum members were hit with a $699 "administrative fee" (profit) which severely affected their lease prices, as you can imagine.

Cheers!

Ron

I am in CT and am being quoted a 2 yr 15k lease for 2013 sl for 399 a month - it sounds very high ... any reactions

Have been lurking here for awhile.. first time posting.

State : Oregon
Metro area/city : Portland
Trim: S with QC

0% sales tax...

Shopped around area dealers for a price on the base model with QC, and am getting really exorbitant prices compared to what i see browsing through the posts here. The "best" i got was -

2 yr/15,000 miles, with 0 down payment, VPP pricing apparently - $225 pm.
2 yr/15,000 miles, with $1000 down payment, VPP pricing apparently - $180 pm.

They are offering a decent deal on my current dying altima though (not sure what the term is, but this trade-in will be a separate transaction), and will need a replacement car... So, should I jump in???

Thanks for the help guys

I am new to leasing a car and would appreciate some input.
The dealer quoted me the following fees.

Are any of those fees, especially the 'Acqusition' fee legit?

Leaf S MSRP 28800 + 850 delivery

399.00 Documentation Fee
59% Residual
.001450 Money factor
65.00 Tags
595.00 Acquition Fee
5.125 % Tax
24 months
12 K miles

Thanks for your input

ctcoast said:
I am in CT and am being quoted a 2 yr 15k lease for 2013 sl for 399 a month - it sounds very high ... any reactions
I guess the first question is "would you want to pay $9600 for a basic Leaf SL to drive it for 2 years?"? I don't know CT pricing since very few folks from CT have ever been on the Forum, but it sounds very high when compared to all other similar SL posts over the past year.

tryingtogetaleaf said:
I am new to leasing a car and would appreciate some input.
The dealer quoted me the following fees.

Are any of those fees, especially the 'Acqusition' fee legit?

Leaf S MSRP 28800 + 850 delivery

399.00 Documentation Fee
59% Residual
.001450 Money factor
65.00 Tags
595.00 Acquition Fee
5.125 % Tax
24 months
12 K miles

Thanks for your input
An $850 delivery fee on top of the standard $595 acquisition fee? I don't think so! Also, your doc fee is $399, ours in CA is $80. Sounds like over $1000 of extra profit built in.

harishv79 said:
Have been lurking here for awhile.. first time posting.

State : Oregon
Metro area/city : Portland
Trim: S with QC

0% sales tax...

Shopped around area dealers for a price on the base model with QC, and am getting really exorbitant prices compared to what i see browsing through the posts here. The "best" i got was -

2 yr/15,000 miles, with 0 down payment, VPP pricing apparently - $225 pm.
2 yr/15,000 miles, with $1000 down payment, VPP pricing apparently - $180 pm.

They are offering a decent deal on my current dying altima though (not sure what the term is, but this trade-in will be a separate transaction), and will need a replacement car... So, should I jump in???

Thanks for the help guys
I'll leave it to all the Oregon folks on this post to evaluate your Leaf deal. My only comment on the VPP is to have them show you the invoice and cost breakdown to see if you are getting VPP pricing.

Re: your trade, is it REALLY a separate deal? In other words, would they buy your Altima for that good price even if you didn't lease a Leaf? If the answer is yes than it is truly separate. If not, the dealer is offering you extra on the Altima and making it up elsewhere, like on your Leaf deal. Something to consider.

Is this a good deal?

2013 Leaf S with Quick Charge

$2500 due at signing
25k miles per year. I plan to use it 5 days a week, thus the projected miles)
36 month lease
Maintenance package included. What maintenance is needed? I heard for EVs, its minimal.
Working to get $333 per month include tax

End of Lease return fee no one would waive.

$333 per month is equivalent to my gasoline bill each month. So the only thing I'd fork out is $48 per month for insurance. In a ways, I save on the wear and tear on my 2 other commute cars.

My work has chargers throughout our campus which makes EVs possible.

Any 80 miles round trip Bay Area Silicon Valley commuters out there? Experience appreciated.

Also, since I am charging at work, I don't plan to get the charge system installed at home. Just use the 110V to charge from 6pm to 5am.

What's the increase cost in PG&E bill?

The legend of Corina1231 strikes again. He came down to the dealer and helped me hammer out a better lease in 2 hours than I was able to get in over 2 weeks of trying on my own. He is truly a selfless, knowledgeable, and extremely friendly gentleman.

Leaf SV with Quick Charge / LED / Mats / 24 months
1000 Out the Door + 230 a month including all taxes / fees.

Not the best deal I've seen on the thread, but I got my exact top pick in terms of color / extras. Thanks again!

Corina1231 said:
Winsats wrote:

Corina1231,

The prices that you mentioned, is it in Georgia? Thanks.

machbird said:
My work has chargers throughout our campus which makes EVs possible.

Any 80 miles round trip Bay Area Silicon Valley commuters out there? Experience appreciated.

Also, since I am charging at work, I don't plan to get the charge system installed at home. Just use the 110V to charge from 6pm to 5am.

What's the increase cost in PG&E bill?
The bolded part is impossible to answer w/o some more details. We have no idea how many kwh you will consume, what your baseline is, what rate schedule you're on, what tiers you're up to each month, and whether you plan to switch to a TOU plan.

I got an example guestimate w/now old rates http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=155519#p155519" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, assuming I'd stuck w/E-1 and found my usage pushed up past tier 1.

You could use http://www.pge.com/cgi-bin/pevcalculator/PEV" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to get a guesstimate. You can also put in your zip code and other info into http://www.pge.com/myhome/myaccount/charges/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (this is only useful for the non-TOU plan, E-1) and get an idea of how much it might go up, if you know how many kwh you use now vs. after an EV.

chazrevo said:
The legend of Corina1231 strikes again. He came down to the dealer and helped me hammer out a better lease in 2 hours than I was able to get in over 2 weeks of trying on my own. He is truly a selfless, knowledgeable, and extremely friendly gentleman.

Leaf SV with Quick Charge / LED / Mats / 24 months
1000 Out the Door + 230 a month including all taxes / fees.

Not the best deal I've seen on the thread, but I got my exact top pick in terms of color / extras. Thanks again!
Thanks, it was great meeting you. Non VPP but we got a near VPP deal. Glad you saved $550 over your next best deal. Best to you and your family! Ron

Finally pulled the trigger with all the information i was digesting for past couple of weeks. its for my wife who has long commute of 50 miles round trip
Its been great info from the forums..special thanks to Corina1231 as i just talk to the dealer (fremont nissan - Montello ) to beat the price but he matched which is great too
Experience at the fremont nissan is pretty good and straight forward as i negotiated the price before showing up.

SL+Premium Package - Blue
$7900+$395 total for 24 months 12k miles/year - VPP

Now its time for evse upgrade or ???

Thanks
Kasa
Blue Nissan Leaf 2013

Congratulations, kasa. You got a great deal and the VPP price you deserved. The dealer gets $1000 back from Nissan for doing the VPP and everybody is happy!

Anyone here with high-mileage lease contracts? I want to get an idea what kind of number I should expect on a 20,000 m/year lease for 24 months, probably an SL but still undecided so any info can be useful. I'm eligible for the Leaf loyalty and VPP programs.

Back