2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dndrich said:
Just figured I would update about my attempt to lease a Leaf today at North Bay Nissan. I was unable to get the car last weekend for a variety of reasons, but made an appointment for today to pick up a SV with QC and floor mats for $2000 delivery and $185 per month for 23 more months including taxes ($169 before tax). In California this is a good deal, and comes out to around $6200 over the 2 years before dispo fee. The appointment was around 5:30 PM. The whole deal had been worked out over email. I got total amounts, but never did get a full term sheet with money factor etc. Nonetheless, I think that for May it changed to residual of 60% and money factor of 0.00156.

So, around 4:00 the guy calls me while I am on my bike and informs me that the slate color I wanted got sold last night. He has a white one, or another slate one with QC and premium. That price was considerably higher, with $2000 down and 212 per month before tax. That calcs out to about $7200 before dispo fee. Considerably more.

I asked for the term sheet and mentioned that the invoice price of the premium is $905, so a difference of around $1000 for the car made no sense. Cannot get a term sheet from him. Furthermore, he informs me that the price of the white one, same trim line as the slate one that got sold, no difference at all, is now higher at $180 before tax. I ask him what changed? He is just unwilling to show me the numbers about that. I told him that if the money factor and residual are the same, the only difference is the price of the car. Once again unable to get him to send the information.

Rather frustrating. I would have been on my way this evening to pick up the slate one I wanted if it had not been sold. I wonder if they would have tried to change the terms at the dealer. I will never know. My wife does not want white, so we are back to looking for a Leaf again!
What a nightmare. I feel for you.

Corina1231 said:
dndrich said:
Just figured I would update about my attempt to lease a Leaf today at North Bay Nissan. I was unable to get the car last weekend for a variety of reasons, but made an appointment for today to pick up a SV with QC and floor mats for $2000 delivery and $185 per month for 23 more months including taxes ($169 before tax). In California this is a good deal, and comes out to around $6200 over the 2 years before dispo fee. The appointment was around 5:30 PM. The whole deal had been worked out over email. I got total amounts, but never did get a full term sheet with money factor etc. Nonetheless, I think that for May it changed to residual of 60% and money factor of 0.00156.

So, around 4:00 the guy calls me while I am on my bike and informs me that the slate color I wanted got sold last night. He has a white one, or another slate one with QC and premium. That price was considerably higher, with $2000 down and 212 per month before tax. That calcs out to about $7200 before dispo fee. Considerably more.

I asked for the term sheet and mentioned that the invoice price of the premium is $905, so a difference of around $1000 for the car made no sense. Cannot get a term sheet from him. Furthermore, he informs me that the price of the white one, same trim line as the slate one that got sold, no difference at all, is now higher at $180 before tax. I ask him what changed? He is just unwilling to show me the numbers about that. I told him that if the money factor and residual are the same, the only difference is the price of the car. Once again unable to get him to send the information.

Rather frustrating. I would have been on my way this evening to pick up the slate one I wanted if it had not been sold. I wonder if they would have tried to change the terms at the dealer. I will never know. My wife does not want white, so we are back to looking for a Leaf again!
What a nightmare. I feel for you.

Thanks. Not that big a problem really. I'll just keep looking. The amusing part of it all is that I have lots of friends with money who are waiting to see how this goes. Here is an opportunity for a dealer to just make the deal simple and create good will. I may end up buying there eventually, who knows? But I won't recommend my friends because of this behavior. Seems counterproductive for them.

Corina1231 said:
MTell said:
Hi All - I'm a newbie looking to lease a 2013 SV soon. The best deal (I think) I found in my area is below. I'm in Orange County (SoCal) - sales tax rate is 8% here. I've got Tier-0 credit and would like to go in prepared to fight for the best deal I can get. Any tips would be very welcome.

Here's the info from the advertized offer:
* $159/month (24 months, 24K miles)
* Plus tax, LIC fees, Title & Doc fees
* $2,899 cap reduction required from customer
* Total down payment to include $7,500 Nissan lease cash
* $395 disposition fee due at lease end
* Residual at lease term is $21,807

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. I'd love to help, but suggest you do your homework by reading the past posts on others who have leased an SV in your area. Also, we need to know what options are on your SV that is being offered? This could change the price you should pay as much as $500-$750 on the total price of your lease.

Right now you just have just a bunch of numbers (which is how the dealer likes it) and need to nail down what your Total Cost of Lease is (down, plus total of payments, plus Dispo fee). All taxes, TTL, other costs are rolled into these numbers. Easier said than done since the dealer wants to throw a bunch of numbers at us so that we have trouble getting to the bottom line so that we can't compare the deal to what others got. Nobody can evaluate your deal until you calculate the total cost of your lease offered. Only then can we compare your deal with recent deals in your area to make sure you get a great deal.

Best of Luck!

Thank you - I've been busy! Here's the deal I'm currently working on:

2013 SV with Premium/QC/Floor Mats/Splash Guards/12,000 miles per year

TOTAL cost of $7,250 to break down as follows:
* $2000 down (incl. 1st month payment and ALL fees)
* $395 Disposition fee
* $211/mo for 23 months (incl. tax)

I was initially hoping for a $6,000-$6,500 2yr/12k deal for an SV with LED/QC (which some others on this forum have been able to get), but two dealers in my area let me walk out the door after I pushed hard for this. So, I'm at the deal above, which seems decent considering the extras - I plan to go into the dealership tomorrow and sew it up. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Hi Corina,

Yes, reading the previous posts I figured the first quote was high. I will look specifically at the two cases you quoted. Again, as you said it was the first reply that i received. Apparently the Florida dealers think we are all old and demented, nor do we do our "do diligence". I will keep you posted as the "game" unfolds, and I thank your for your advice and expertise.

Best

Jarhead
Hal

Corina1231 said:
Jarhead1947 said:
Hi Folks,

I have decided to sell my 2007 Prius (5) and lease a 2013 Leaf. I sent emails out to 4 dealers in the Orlando Florida area looking for a "fully loaded" 2013 Leaf SL. The first offer came back as:

2013 Nissan Leaf SL
Silver w/ Black Leather

24 Months @ $375+tax **
12k miles per year
$1000 out of pocket

-Premium Package
-Floor Mats & Cargo Mat
-Splash Guards

**Offer ends 5/31/2013
**With approved credit

From what I have read I will be paying (375 X 24 = 9000 + 1000 down) or 10,000 Plus tax for the use of the car for 2 years. This is all the information that I have at this point. How do these numbers sound?

I appreciate any feedback.

Best
Jarhead
Semper Fi

It's not unusual for a dealer to highball you when you email them for a price, but usually not this much. They do this so when you counter it is in their range and ultimately you believe you got a "good deal".

Obviously, the quote you got was silly high. Compute down plus total of payments plus Dispo fee which is hidden charge in the Nissan lease agreement to get your TOTAL COST of lease. See what Pushpak and pgrokkos paid in previous posts, around $7300 for the basic SL. Your premium package should add about $500 to $600 value on the 2 year lease, so you could shoot for about $8000 total. Right now your offer with tax and $395 Dispo fee upon return of vehicle is over $11,000.

Try not to get caught up in all the numbers they throw at you. The only numbers that mater is your total cost of lease (down plus total of payments plus hidden Dispo fee). $8,000 would be a great price for the car you were quoted even though others have made a slightly better deal in areas other Florida, where ripoff seems to be the name of the game based on your quote and some other Floridians who have posted. In Florida, you may have to pay closer to $8500 to $9000 based on what some other Floridians have posted. Best of Luck!

Hi Corina,
I received another quote from a dealer in the Orlando Area:

We have a 2013 Leaf SL in Silver/Charcoal interior. I can quote you a lease on this vehicle for 24 months, 12k miles/year. With $2,999 down, the lease payments $299 with approved credit.
Please let me know.
Thank you,

It does not mention whether or not the leaf has the premium package or not. Even so the deal is not much better than the previous one. No real negotiation has taken place as of yet. So i will keep you posted.

Best

Jarhead
Hal

Jarhead1947 said:
Hi Corina,

Yes, reading the previous posts I figured the first quote was high. I will look specifically at the two cases you quoted. Again, as you said it was the first reply that i received. Apparently the Florida dealers think we are all old and demented, nor do we do our "do diligence". I will keep you posted as the "game" unfolds, and I thank your for your advice and expertise.

Best

Jarhead
Hal

Corina1231 said:
Jarhead1947 said:
Hi Folks,

I have decided to sell my 2007 Prius (5) and lease a 2013 Leaf. I sent emails out to 4 dealers in the Orlando Florida area looking for a "fully loaded" 2013 Leaf SL. The first offer came back as:

2013 Nissan Leaf SL
Silver w/ Black Leather

24 Months @ $375+tax **
12k miles per year
$1000 out of pocket

-Premium Package
-Floor Mats & Cargo Mat
-Splash Guards

**Offer ends 5/31/2013
**With approved credit

From what I have read I will be paying (375 X 24 = 9000 + 1000 down) or 10,000 Plus tax for the use of the car for 2 years. This is all the information that I have at this point. How do these numbers sound?

I appreciate any feedback.

Best
Jarhead
Semper Fi

It's not unusual for a dealer to highball you when you email them for a price, but usually not this much. They do this so when you counter it is in their range and ultimately you believe you got a "good deal".

Obviously, the quote you got was silly high. Compute down plus total of payments plus Dispo fee which is hidden charge in the Nissan lease agreement to get your TOTAL COST of lease. See what Pushpak and pgrokkos paid in previous posts, around $7300 for the basic SL. Your premium package should add about $500 to $600 value on the 2 year lease, so you could shoot for about $8000 total. Right now your offer with tax and $395 Dispo fee upon return of vehicle is over $11,000.

Try not to get caught up in all the numbers they throw at you. The only numbers that mater is your total cost of lease (down plus total of payments plus hidden Dispo fee). $8,000 would be a great price for the car you were quoted even though others have made a slightly better deal in areas other Florida, where ripoff seems to be the name of the game based on your quote and some other Floridians who have posted. In Florida, you may have to pay closer to $8500 to $9000 based on what some other Floridians have posted. Best of Luck!

Hi All -

Thanks for all the great information. I'm working on how to lease an SV with the QC package in Maryland (DC suburbs) - and they all seem to have floor mats. The dealership wants me to go with a 15 k lease and is offering these options:

Total Deposit MonthsPayment allpmt Disp Lease Cost per mile
30000 1000 24 359 8616 350 9966 0.332
45000 1000 36 374 13464 350 14814 0.329
48750 1000 39 378 14742 350 16092 0.330
30000 1999 24 314 7536 350 9885 0.330
45000 1999 36 343 12348 350 14697 0.327
48750 1999 39 349 13611 350 15960 0.327
30000 3000 24 269 6456 350 9806 0.327
45000 3000 36 313 11268 350 14618 0.325
48750 3000 39 321 12519 350 15869 0.326

I used the excel worksheet that was posted with the money values etc, and it showed that for 15k I should have one of these options - total lease cost about 2k less:
miles dep mos pmt allpmt disp total per mile
30000 0 24 338 8112 350 8462 0.282
30000 1000 24 293 7032 350 8382 0.279
30000 3000 24 202 4848 350 8198 0.273

where the 24/15k option looks best with a per mile cost closer to 27cents on a total lease cost of 8198.
Here's the question -

anybody think that's feasible in this market with the Memorial day discounts etc?

Thanks

I have been looking for the elusive $99 a month lease for the S model. The first dealership I tried (Nemith Motors in Latham NY) had a semi-illiterate salesman who wouldn't acknowledge that anything other than the standard $199 a month lease was even available. I dumped them. Sometimes a little persistence pays off. I tried another dealer in the area, and this one - with a saleswoman who can actually read and write - has offered me two leases: a 24 month lease on an "S" model for $118 a month, with a total of $3500 down (the dreaded "tax" included), or, even better, an SV model for the same $3500 down and $129 a month, also for 24 months. Since the SV has the heat pump (and hopefully cruise control?) I'm really tempted. I intend to test drive the SV. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Leased a 2013 Nissan Leaf SV with LED/QC package and Eco Design package (Ocean Blue).

12,000 miles / year
24 months lease
$2000 drive-off plus 23 payments of $177 + $395 disposition fee. Total cost: $6466 (VPP pricing)

arunnissanleaf said:
Leased a 2013 Nissan Leaf SV with LED/QC package and Eco Design package (Ocean Blue).

12,000 miles / year
24 months lease
$2000 drive-off plus 23 payments of $177 + $395 disposition fee. Total cost: $6466 (VPP pricing)

Also, the dealer has few other 2013 Nissan Leaf SV with only the LED / QC package. Was willing to match the following offer for 2013 SV with only with the LED/QC package: $2000 drive-off plus 23 payments of $169 + disposition fee of $395.

Where did you get this?

dndrich said:
arunnissanleaf said:

12,000 miles / year
24 months lease

Where did you get this?

Dealership Details:

Future Nissan of Folsom
(916)608-5300
12610 Auto Mall Cir
Folsom, CA 95630

I have a verbal agreement to lease an S with the charging package (6.6kW and quick charge) for..

$500 down
$260-something ($262?)/month (including tax)
36 months
15K miles / year

I think the disposition fee is in the $300's, will have to check that when I get a copy of the lease agreement.

This seems good to me. What do you think?

Somewhere in Missouri...

Leased my second Leaf (leased a 2012 SL last October on a great year end closeout deal) today at Premier Nissan in San Jose.

Here are the terms:

2013 Nissan Leaf SV, Blue Ocean, with QC/LED package, floor and cargo mats and Hologram Kick Plates

MSRP $34,600

Sales Price $31,285

Lease terms: 2 year, 12k miles per year. Not VPP.

Down:$1,000 (includes first month payment of $165.52).

Payment: 23 more months @ $209 month as I negotiated; then they applied my $1000 customer loyalty money and it became only 23 @ $165.52 month for a total of $3806.96. Includes all TTL, taxes etc.

Dispo fee: $395 at turn in of vehicle.

Total cost of lease: down plus total of payments plus Dispo fee equals $5201.96. If I did not apply my $1000 customer loyalty money, of course, the total cost of lease would be $1000 more.

They threw in two years free maintenance service per specs in booklet.

My salesperson was Jason, though his closer manager K.P and I really finally struck the deal after about 2 hours of negotiation. It was four hours before I finally got out of the place with my car, which was about the same amount of time I spent there last October. Glad they had hot dogs and soda this time.

Corina1231 said:
Leased my second Leaf (leased a 2012 SL last October on a great year end closeout deal) today at Premier Nissan in San Jose.

Sounds like a fantastic deal, congrats! Thanks for sharing the details and all your advice in this thread.

Great deal Corina1231!!

I was about $150 (total 24-month lease cost) higher then you for my basic S model with Quick Charger last month. And I had VPP.

I really like that Blue Ocean color. I wish I could have gotten one of those, but was more interested in getting a better deal financially.

Please explain how the customer loyalty money works. Do you have a certain time frame to use that $1k on another Nissan purchase or lease?

sonnylax said:
Great deal Corina1231!!

I was about $150 (total 24-month lease cost) higher then you for my basic S model with Quick Charger last month. And I had VPP.

I really like that Blue Ocean color. I wish I could have gotten one of those, but was more interested in getting a better deal financially.

Please explain how the customer loyalty money works. Do you have a certain time frame to use that $1k on another Nissan purchase or lease?
Thanks. But don't you get that great tax credit in GA? I know from this forum that for whatever reason the deals here in Northern California can't be beat. The dealers continue to sell and lease case for what they claim is "under invoice", but everybody knows they are making their money somewhere or they wouldn't give these deals. Perhaps they are collecting a $2500 state rebate on each car that we buyers only get if we purchase a Leaf or lease one for 36 months or more.

I negotiated the $1000 down, $209 a month deal on the SV with QC/Led option. I then asked them if they would give my friend Leon the same deal. Guess what, they did and Leon picked his car up today, the identical blue ocean Leaf I leased with the same MSRP and exact same lease terms! Of course, Leon then didn't get the $1000 loyalty discount to $165 a month that I did because it was his first Nissan purchase or lease. We and our spouses had fun putting two cars side by side this afternoon and posing for photos with the cars.

Regarding the customer loyalty money. I leased a black 2012 Leaf SL for an amazing end of year deal last October when they were liquidating them. In April, 2013 Nissan sent me and other prior Nissan customers an offer in the mail to present the coupon to the dealer to get $1000 toward the purchase or lease of another new Nissan (not Infinity) product. It had an expiration date of December, 2013. It said to make your best deal then present the coupon. Of course, I would never have shown them the coupon first or tell them about it because I know dealers and they would try to get a piece of the pie figuring I would pay a little more because I really wanted to use the coupon baldly. I was still in disbelief of the great offer and was looking for some fine print but there wasn't any. Then I thought that maybe they wouldn't really give ME the $1000 credit but instead take a $1000 off the sales price of the car, which would not benefit me as much on the lease deal.

But there was no catch! I went in and made my best deal at $1000 down, $209 a month and then pulled out my coupon in the finance office. The $1000 down stayed the same but my loyalty money reduced my 24 months of payments by a little more than $40 a month down, saving me $1000! I still can't believe the deal. I hope they send me, you and all other Nissan buyers a coupon next year. I know that I would definitely use it again by next December. Note that there is separate thread on this forum dealing exclusively with the customer loyalty money issue and people's experiences.

As for us, we are stoked. We have solar on our house so we run our two Leafs off of it. We still keep a gas Lexus for trips. So we have 3 cars. My spouse and I are the only drivers but our daughter gets her license next month. She loves the blue Leaf, too, and will drive it. It is the exact shade of blue of her school colors. If someone in my San Jose area wants help getting my similar deal I'll be glad to try - just contact me. Best wishes!

Hi Folks,

I need some help please. this is my first foray in leasing rather than buying The first quote I received from this dealer via internet was $375 + taxes per month for 24 months. I asked him, again via internet, how he came up with his numbers to get this figure. This is what he came back with.
Here is my breakdown.
money factor: .00179
residual value: 60%
rebate: $7500
Nissan acquisition fee: $595
Dealer fee: $689
State fees: $566.50
~MSRP: 37055~
>Selling price: $34808<
out of pocket: $1000
miles per year: 12k
payment: $375 + tax
advance payment: 1
term: 24 months / 23 months (1st month payment included in $1000 out of pocket)

This is the vehicle I have available for lease:
2013 Nissan Leaf SL
Brilliant Silver w/ Black
-Floor Mats
-Premium Package
-Splash Guards

I know the total of payments is really high (9000) not including taxes and out of pocket. I see his numbers but they do not seem to jive when i put them in the lease calculator. I think from what he is showing me is that he was only giving me a discount of (37055-34808=2247) from the MSRP. I cant seem to figure out where the $7500 rebate shows up. Are the Dealer fees and Nissan Acq fees negotiable? Also how do i include the 23 months payment with the 1000.00 out pocket. I'm confused.

My gut tells me this guy is trying to make his annual compensation from me, but i am not sure how to relay this in numbers?

The dealer by the way is in Orlando, FL

I appreciate any feedback you can give me.

Semper Fi

Hal

Corina1231 said:

Here are the terms:

2013 Nissan Leaf SV, Blue Ocean, with QC/LED package, floor and cargo mats and Hologram Kick Plates

MSRP $34,600

Sales Price $31,285

Lease terms: 2 year, 12k miles per year. Not VPP.

Down:$1,000 (includes first month payment of $165.52).

Payment: 23 more months @ $209 month as I negotiated; then they applied my $1000 customer loyalty money and it became only 23 @ $165.52 month for a total of $3806.96. Includes all TTL, taxes etc.

Dispo fee: $395 at turn in of vehicle.

Awesome deal Corina1231! I might be contacting you real soon if you don't mind for your contact at the dealership you went to. Would love to score a similar deal without the loyalty though.

Well, after going back-and-forth with semi-literate people in the Internet Sales departments at 9 dealerships over the past 3 days (and getting passed up to more qualified people actually willing to negotiate instead of just ask me to come in to their dealerships), I'm about ready to close on this deal:

2013 Nissan Leaf SV, Metallic Slate, with QC/LED package, floor and cargo mats, and splash guards
MSRP $34,615
Sales Price $30,635 (quoted as $4k discount, but I'm still waiting for clarification on the $20 difference (MSRP as 34,635 instead of 34,615, as seen in a window sticker pic they sent)

VPP
24 month
$259.69/month (includes all TTL, taxes etc.)
0 down
(not sure if i need to pay the first months payment before driveoff?).
12k miles

Dispo fee: $395 at turn in of vehicle. (not discussed but assuming - we'll see about negotiated more on that)
Breakdown: 34635 (MSRP) - 4000 (discount) - 7500 (credit) + 699 (Administrative Fee) + 225 (State and local taxes - NC is 3%) + 784 (Title & license fees)
Money factor: 0.00156

Comparing to other deals and offers it seems pretty good. I think part of getting the good deal is that I didn't want the LED / QC package, and didn't want to pay for it, so they were willing to negotiate more. I'm still seeing if other dealers can beat it. One already replied and said "I'm going to suggest you take advantage of the dealer who is willing to lose money on your deal." :roll: - like he'd sell it if it were truly losing him money.

Thoughts?

Also, thanks a ton to everyone for the contributions on this board. I would have been lost in this process otherwise.

Back