2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveinOlyWA said:
freshleaf said:
I already signed it. But what this warranty gives me..?
They hide it under the prices and I thought I was getting it Free...

its gives you nothing. what you got is a security device, an ignition disabler (the LEAF does not have an ignition)

its a very common upsell and they will tell you that it cannot be removed (a lie) and you have to pay for it (another lie)

the only real benefit of these is the ability to disturb your neighbors. just about everyone I know that has one regularly sets off the alarm unintentionally

Dave, you realize Nissan's extended warranty is called Security Plus right? I would think that since its under the breakdown section of the contract that it has nothing to do with a security device like you are suggesting and is the Nissan OEM extended warranty.

FreshLeaf, congrats on the new LEAF. I think all you need to so is go back to the dealer and request to cancel the extended warranty. I'm not sure what they will do with the money bit I would expect it to go back to you, go to NMAC as a payment against you lease, or that they redo the lease with this taken off. Any of those options should be satisfactory to you. This should not be a big deal as the contract has a cancellation clause in it. Let us know how it goes.

I'm not sure what things this warranty would cover that the real warranty would not but I doubt you'll need it during your lease.

Lowrideramf said:
toucansma, do you remember the name of the salesman that helped you with your deal in sarasota, Fl. ?

Let me look and I will get it to you. It took me quite awhile but they budged finally. From experience, getting an SV with QC/LED for under 6k in Florida is not going to happen. I hope for you that it does, but they are harsh down here. I had to go back and forth with about 12 dealers to get a decent deal. I finally gave up on QC as I realized Florida would probably not be getting any in the next year at least.

OK, latest offer I have from Northbay Nissan is definitely in the ball park. Remember in California we have high tax rates, so that skews things. So, current offer for a SV with QC and floor mats 12,000 miles is $185 per month plus $2000 drive off. That comes out to $6650 including the $395 dispo fee at the end. There are better deals out there, but that is pretty good. Still have a few feelers out there.

dndrich said:
OK, latest offer I have from Northbay Nissan is definitely in the ball park. Remember in California we have high tax rates, so that skews things. So, current offer for a SV with QC and floor mats 12,000 miles is $185 per month plus $2000 drive off. That comes out to $6650 including the $395 dispo fee at the end. There are better deals out there, but that is pretty good. Still have a few feelers out there.

is that the price after taxes? I think you should jump on that

DaveinOlyWA said:
dndrich said:

is that the price after taxes? I think you should jump on that

Yes. I probably will tomorrow.

Leased a 2013 SL w/Premium Package, Eco Design, and Mats for $358.20 for 24 months, 0 down, first payment due upon pickup. This includes local taxes of about 7%. No VPP.

EngravEER said:
evnow said:
EngravEER said:
1) I gotta be missing something obvious here... On the spreadsheet's "Downpayment Calculation", a downpayment of $1,995.00 is given. Taken out of that is a first month payment of $198.94. The "LeftOver Cash CapReduction" amount however is listed as $1,470.96. Shouldn't that amount actually be $1,796.06 (downpayment of $1,995.00 - first month payment of $198.94)? There's a $325.10 difference there I can't account for. Where'd it go?

Any fees ?

2) The "Total Lease Cost" on the spreadsheet example is given as $7,164.56 which equals the downpayment (1,995.00) + total monthly cost ($4,774.56) -- 24 monthly payments of $198.94 -- + disposition fee ($395.00). With the first month's payment included in the $1,995.00 down, shouldn't the total monthly cost actually be calculated at 23 payments of $198.94 instead of 24? It appears the "Total Lease Cost" calculated in the spreadsheet currently includes a total of 25 monthly payments (24 + 1).

Again -- being a newbie on the leasing thing -- I'm likely just missing some obvious stuff here. Any explanations would be most welcome :D

This Lease Calculator spreadsheet will prove an invaluable tool once I get it all figured-out LOL!

You are correct. I'll check again and correct it. (For the record I inherited the spreadsheet - original author is unknown).
evnow --

No fees in there as far as I can tell. I've modified and saved a customized-version of the spreadsheet, plugging-in different values to account for my lease numbers and West Virginia tax (West Virginia taxes only the monthly lease payment). But if you look at the original spreadsheet...

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1CIl2zp22pXRnNmMkZVZ0Z0N28/edit?usp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you can see there's a discrepancy in the numbers from the get-go... $1,995.00 "Total Down" - $198.94 "1st Month Pay" (with no other fees shown) = a "LeftOver Cash CapReduction" of $1,470.96? According to my math $1,995.00 - $198.94 = $1,796.06 -- not $1,470.96. That's a difference of $325.10 and I can't locate that amount -- or anything that adds up to it -- anywhere on the spreadsheet. Either 1) I'm missing something obvious or 2) the spreadsheet is flawed.

I thought you created the spreadsheet, but see from your post that you merely inherited it... so you may be as puzzled by the numbers as I am. Hopefully you or other forum members with a keen mathematical eye can figure-out why those numbers aren't adding-up.

That Lease Calculator is a GREAT tool. I just want to use it confidently knowing the figures it's giving me are accurate :D

Yep, I had just downloaded it and had the same question about the $325.10 piece. Before customizing the spreadsheet more I was attempting to sanity-check it by seeing if I could get the same lease numbers shown in the table on the first post in this thread.

The challenges I've had so far in addition to the $325.10 difference above (acknowledging that the May numbers have changed from the reference values shown in the first post):
1) 36/15,000 S w/ 2k down at MSRP comes out to $254 in the spreadsheet, not $289 as shown in post 1 table (perhaps a copy/paste problem from 24 month 0 down monthly?)
2) I can't get the same monthly values from the spreadsheet as shown in the post 1 table for VPP. That should be Invoice-$1000, right? I'm using $28800+850 in cell E3 for MSRP on the S, which shows the correct monthly of $199 for $2k down, 24 month. However, changing E3 for VPP to $26986+850-1000 shows a monthly of $143 instead of $71. What am I missing? (Same thing looking at the 2k down 24 month on the SV. I get a $200 monthly for VPP instead of $122)

Thanks again to everyone for the great information available here on the forum! Planning to pull the trigger on a lease after having a great first test drive today.

wsbsteven said:
Leased a 2013 SL w/Premium Package, Eco Design, and Mats for $358.20 for 24 months, 0 down, first payment due upon pickup. This includes local taxes of about 7%. No VPP.
That is an excellent deal! Can you please share what part of the country you are from? I've had no luck getting that low in San Diego. Thank you!

JJLeaf said:
wsbsteven said:
That is an excellent deal! Can you please share what part of the country you are from? I've had no luck getting that low in San Diego. Thank you!

Saint Louis, MO. Purchased from the only dealer in the metro area that seems to care about the Leaf. I don't have the lease papers in front of me but it was something along the lines of $34k for the car, $595 Nissan fee, $199 doc fee, 2 years 12k/year, residual of .60, and of course the dispo fee at the lease end. We have personal property taxes in this state which stinks that isn't included as well as a fee for not using gas but Nissan payed the first year of that. This was also the only loaded SL in a large radius but they didn't have a problem getting rid of it. It didn't even sit on the lot for a day.

Hello to All!

Just wanted to drop a quick line to say "hi" and introduce myself. I found this forum from researching the Leaf. I've been browsing here for the past week or so and particularly on this sub-forum. I'm Looking to lease an SV sometime in June. I've never leased a car before and the wealth of information I've see here has been tremendously insightful. Thank you all for your contributions and I'm hoping to post my own experience real soon. Hopefully, I can score as good a deal as some of you have! :p

Thanks!

sport1000
San Francisco Bay Area

Couple days ago here in GA:

2013 SL Premium with Eco Design. I didn't want the Eco so I made Service rip most of it out while I was signing papers. Pulled off the decals and replaced the blue center console cover with the dark brown/black one.

$2500 down (includes about $1850 taxes and the first month), $331/month for 2 years. No trade-in. I wanted to do a bit better, but I'm happy with it.

Yar said:

2013 SL Premium with Eco Design. I didn't want the Eco so I made Service rip most of it out while I was signing papers. Pulled off the decals and replaced the blue center console cover with the dark brown/black one.

$2500 down (includes about $1850 taxes and the first month), $331/month for 2 years. No trade-in. I wanted to do a bit better, but I'm happy with it.

How many miles?

Assume you got stuck with a $395 Dispo Fee, you are looking at total lease cost of $10,508. OUCH.

Hi All - I'm a newbie looking to lease a 2013 SV soon. The best deal (I think) I found in my area is below. I'm in Orange County (SoCal) - sales tax rate is 8% here. I've got Tier-0 credit and would like to go in prepared to fight for the best deal I can get. Any tips would be very welcome.

Here's the info from the advertized offer:
* $159/month (24 months, 24K miles)
* Plus tax, LIC fees, Title & Doc fees
* $2,899 cap reduction required from customer
* Total down payment to include $7,500 Nissan lease cash
* $395 disposition fee due at lease end
* Residual at lease term is $21,807

Thanks!

MTell said:
Hi All - I'm a newbie looking to lease a 2013 SV soon. The best deal (I think) I found in my area is below. I'm in Orange County (SoCal) - sales tax rate is 8% here. I've got Tier-0 credit and would like to go in prepared to fight for the best deal I can get. Any tips would be very welcome.

Here's the info from the advertized offer:
* $159/month (24 months, 24K miles)
* Plus tax, LIC fees, Title & Doc fees
* $2,899 cap reduction required from customer
* Total down payment to include $7,500 Nissan lease cash
* $395 disposition fee due at lease end
* Residual at lease term is $21,807

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. I'd love to help, but suggest you do your homework by reading the past posts on others who have leased an SV in your area. Also, we need to know what options are on your SV that is being offered? This could change the price you should pay as much as $500-$750 on the total price of your lease.

Right now you just have just a bunch of numbers (which is how the dealer likes it) and need to nail down what your Total Cost of Lease is (down, plus total of payments, plus Dispo fee). All taxes, TTL, other costs are rolled into these numbers. Easier said than done since the dealer wants to throw a bunch of numbers at us so that we have trouble getting to the bottom line so that we can't compare the deal to what others got. Nobody can evaluate your deal until you calculate the total cost of your lease offered. Only then can we compare your deal with recent deals in your area to make sure you get a great deal.

Best of Luck!

sonnylax said:
Yar said:

How many miles?

Assume you got stuck with a $395 Dispo Fee, you are looking at total lease cost of $10,508. OUCH.
The good news is that GA will give you a tax credit of a couple thousand which will reduce the total cost of your lease.

Hi Folks,

I have decided to sell my 2007 Prius (5) and lease a 2013 Leaf. I sent emails out to 4 dealers in the Orlando Florida area looking for a "fully loaded" 2013 Leaf SL. The first offer came back as:

2013 Nissan Leaf SL
Silver w/ Black Leather

24 Months @ $375+tax **
12k miles per year
$1000 out of pocket

-Premium Package
-Floor Mats & Cargo Mat
-Splash Guards

**Offer ends 5/31/2013
**With approved credit

From what I have read I will be paying (375 X 24 = 9000 + 1000 down) or 10,000 Plus tax for the use of the car for 2 years. This is all the information that I have at this point. How do these numbers sound?

I appreciate any feedback.

Best
Jarhead
Semper Fi

Jarhead1947 said:
Hi Folks,

I have decided to sell my 2007 Prius (5) and lease a 2013 Leaf. I sent emails out to 4 dealers in the Orlando Florida area looking for a "fully loaded" 2013 Leaf SL. The first offer came back as:

2013 Nissan Leaf SL
Silver w/ Black Leather

24 Months @ $375+tax **
12k miles per year
$1000 out of pocket

-Premium Package
-Floor Mats & Cargo Mat
-Splash Guards

**Offer ends 5/31/2013
**With approved credit

From what I have read I will be paying (375 X 24 = 9000 + 1000 down) or 10,000 Plus tax for the use of the car for 2 years. This is all the information that I have at this point. How do these numbers sound?

I appreciate any feedback.

Best
Jarhead
Semper Fi

It's not unusual for a dealer to highball you when you email them for a price, but usually not this much. They do this so when you counter it is in their range and ultimately you believe you got a "good deal".

Obviously, the quote you got was silly high. Compute down plus total of payments plus Dispo fee which is hidden charge in the Nissan lease agreement to get your TOTAL COST of lease. See what Pushpak and pgrokkos paid in previous posts, around $7300 for the basic SL. Your premium package should add about $500 to $600 value on the 2 year lease, so you could shoot for about $8000 total. Right now your offer with tax and $395 Dispo fee upon return of vehicle is over $11,000.

Try not to get caught up in all the numbers they throw at you. The only numbers that mater is your total cost of lease (down plus total of payments plus hidden Dispo fee). $8,000 would be a great price for the car you were quoted even though others have made a slightly better deal in areas other Florida, where ripoff seems to be the name of the game based on your quote and some other Floridians who have posted. In Florida, you may have to pay closer to $8500 to $9000 based on what some other Floridians have posted. Best of Luck!

Just figured I would update about my attempt to lease a Leaf today at North Bay Nissan. I was unable to get the car last weekend for a variety of reasons, but made an appointment for today to pick up a SV with QC and floor mats for $2000 delivery and $185 per month for 23 more months including taxes ($169 before tax). In California this is a good deal, and comes out to around $6200 over the 2 years before dispo fee. The appointment was around 5:30 PM. The whole deal had been worked out over email. I got total amounts, but never did get a full term sheet with money factor etc. Nonetheless, I think that for May it changed to residual of 60% and money factor of 0.00156.

So, around 4:00 the guy calls me while I am on my bike and informs me that the slate color I wanted got sold last night. He has a white one, or another slate one with QC and premium. That price was considerably higher, with $2000 down and 212 per month before tax. That calcs out to about $7200 before dispo fee. Considerably more.

I asked for the term sheet and mentioned that the invoice price of the premium is $905, so a difference of around $1000 for the car made no sense. Cannot get a term sheet from him. Furthermore, he informs me that the price of the white one, same trim line as the slate one that got sold, no difference at all, is now higher at $180 before tax. I ask him what changed? He is just unwilling to show me the numbers about that. I told him that if the money factor and residual are the same, the only difference is the price of the car. Once again unable to get him to send the information.

Rather frustrating. I would have been on my way this evening to pick up the slate one I wanted if it had not been sold. I wonder if they would have tried to change the terms at the dealer. I will never know. My wife does not want white, so we are back to looking for a Leaf again!

Corina1231 said:
The good news is that GA will give you a tax credit of a couple thousand which will reduce the total cost of your lease.

I hear what you are saying Corina1231... But the fact that we get a State Tax Credit shouldn't reduce your desire to lower the overall lease cost by driving a harder bargain.

sonnylax said:
Corina1231 said:

I hear what you are saying Corina1231... But the fact that we get a State Tax Credit shouldn't reduce your desire to lower the overall lease cost by driving a harder bargain.
You're right. Just trying to make the guy feel better.

The truth is that dealers usually figure out a way to take a chunk of our rebates away from us. Look at what dealers are asking for 3 year leases in CA. You would think everybody in CA would lease for 3 years and collect the $2500 state rebate, but as you know the dealers are asking for more money per year on a 3 year lease than a 2, so much more that it's usually cheaper for us to go 2 years even after the $2500 rebate is considered.

Back