2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, wanted to report one additional data point. My lease agreement reports (in Section 9) that taxes and other official and license fees etc are $1430.53. This is for Colorado. I wonder how it compares to other states??? (I don't have any idea what this figure actually includes...).

Hope the information detailed above is useful to someone.

lostinthetrees said:
Oh, wanted to report one additional data point. My lease agreement reports (in Section 9) that taxes and other official and license fees etc are $1430.53. This is for Colorado. I wonder how it compares to other states??? (I don't have any idea what this figure actually includes...).

Mine is a 2012 but the taxes are the same as if I got a 2013 instead. Depending where you are in California, you can pay upwards of 10% just in sales taxes...in my corner of Los Angeles County, sales tax is 9%.

California taxes both the monthly payment and the Capitalized Cost Reduction. For a $199 lease, it's $18.50 per month, and on the CCR for my deal it was about $1400. !st year reg fee was $308. This is for a 2012 SV with a Capitalized Cost of around $35k.

dm33 said:
Is it possible to ship a car from a dealer outside the range, or does that make it cost prohibitive?
Is there any sort of May event going on? Any reason to think lease rates will go up next month (in a few days)?

Thanks
it is possible to ship cars from dealership to dealership or from a faraway dealership to your home however at some point it becomes too expensive to make sense to ship

apvbguy said:
dm33 said:
Is it possible to ship a car from a dealer outside the range, or does that make it cost prohibitive?
Is there any sort of May event going on? Any reason to think lease rates will go up next month (in a few days)?

Thanks
it is possible to ship cars from dealership to dealership or from a faraway dealership to your home however at some point it becomes too expensive to make sense to ship
This has been discussed several times in this 70 page thread and the answer is always the same. Just as apvbguy stated, it is cost prohibitive. I feel for you folks in Fla. who have never been able to get a fair deal on a Leaf, and I understand why you would consider shipping one from the outside.

How about this deal. I had been looking at an S+charger but someone suggested asking for an S+charger to a dealer that didn't have one, to give extra incentive to give a good price on the SV + charger.

$239 at signing, $239/mo, 2 yr, 12k/yr. SV + quick charge option

dm33 said:
How about this deal. I had been looking at an S+charger but someone suggested asking for an S+charger to a dealer that didn't have one, to give extra incentive to give a good price on the SV + charger.

If you are saying that your lease for an SV + QC is $239*24 payments = $5497 well. that's a great deal. Is that really the price or are other charges lurking underneath?

I have a 2012 Leaf bought from Boardwalk Nissan in Redwood city. Looking to get another one.

I live in San Joaquin county and they have a $3000 rebate for 3 year lease. So for me it makes sense to get a 3 year lease and get the CVRP rebate of $2500 + $3000 county rebate.

Will I qualify for Nissan $1000 loyalty rebate ?

My goal is to get a 3 year lease with less than $100 per month with $5000 down (paid by rebates) .

Is this doable or I am just dreaming. Looking for SV with QC

Thanks

I spent a brutal three hours, much of it outdoors on the 90F lot, at a dealer today. I didn't find the SVs without added options I had been told were there, so the manager made me a deal on a silver (my third color choice) SV with the Bose sound system and 360 degree view camera system at no extra charge. I paid $3000 down including taxes, and will be paying $149 a month for 24 months. I would have settled for a sharp black S model they had, but my legs need cruise control and it can't be added to the S. Well done, Nissan! Anyway, I pick up my extra-loud Silver SV tomorrow, barring the unforeseen. At least I'll be able to use the heater (heat pump) in chilly weather and still make it home.

Today was the first time I drove a Leaf, and it felt unexpectedly solid and smooth. The seat height is also higher than I expected, which is a very good thing with my bad legs - it's easy to get in and out - and visibility, except out the rear window, is very good. It also makes the car feel larger.

RonDawg said:
Mine is a 2012 but the taxes are the same as if I got a 2013 instead. Depending where you are in California, you can pay upwards of 10% just in sales taxes...in my corner of Los Angeles County, sales tax is 9%.

California taxes both the monthly payment and the Capitalized Cost Reduction. For a $199 lease, it's $18.50 per month, and on the CCR for my deal it was about $1400. !st year reg fee was $308. This is for a 2012 SV with a Capitalized Cost of around $35k.

Thanks Ron. That means that on, say, a $7000 lease deal, there might be about $2000 in taxes and registration fees? Subtract off financing and related charges and Nissan is lucky if they recognize much over $4000 in revenue for the car. Nissan has got to be taking a bath on these. Ouch.

Wonder what they are going to do when they get all these cars back at lease end with residuals far higher than resale value??? For that matter, I wonder what the resale value of a two year old LEAF might be (assuming a $7500 tax credit on a new car but not a used one)??

Hard to see this as a sustainable business model... Excellent for us though (if you don't own Nissan stock)!

LiTT

Bateman said:
dm33 said:

If you are saying that your lease for an SV + QC is $239*24 payments = $5497 well. that's a great deal. Is that really the price or are other charges lurking underneath?
I'm sorry, but like Bateman I am skeptical of your deal. Is there tax and /or some other hidden cost somewhere? I've been on the board for a long time and have not seen this type of offer, VPP or otherwise, in North Carolina where Leaf leases are higher than most states. If it is for real you need to grab it pronto. Please let us know how you made out.

Canes4life88 said:
Corina1231 said:
VAMike13 said:
A fair price in VA (which is expensive) for the SL with Premium package on a 2 yr., 12k mile a year lease is around $8700, including all TTL and Dispo fee (down plus total of payments plus Dispo fee). In CA, we can get it for under $8000.

Hi Corina,

I've begun looking for an SL Premium here in the Bay Area (I believe from some previous posts you live out here as well). I test drove one with my wife, but have been attempting to get the best deal through multiple dealers via email. I basically received the same quote from two dealerships:

SL with Premium Package - 2yr/24k lease
$2000 down (include all fees + first month's payment)
$301/month inc. tax
$395 dispo fee
= $9318 total

I felt a total cost of $8500-$8800 would be a solid deal, but I was surprised to see your post about pricing "under $8000" for California. I'm new to the board, so I haven't read this entire lease thread, but could you go into more specifics about how you reached your under $8000 number?

Hi everyone,

Twenty four hours after making my first post (above) on this forum, my search is over for a Leaf SL with Premium package in Metallic Slate, thanks to the amazing assistance and knowledge of Ron (Corina1231). Ron worked with the dealer near his house (Premier Nissan in San Jose, CA) on my behalf while picking up a second Leaf for his family. He has a great relationship with the salesman, Jason, and they were able workout an awesome deal for my SL Premium in Metallic Slate:

2yr/24k lease
$1500 down (include all fees + first month's payment)
$289/month inc. tax
$395 dispo fee
= $8542 total

Ron even worked with the dealer to complete a trade for my desired Metallic Slate from a different dealership when they realized my color wasn't in stock. Just over an hour after getting to the dealership, the paperwork and deal was complete.

As you can see from my earlier post, nearly $800 in savings vs. what I was quoted as basically rockbottom ($9318 total) from two other local dealers.

Ron is knowledgeable and passionate about EV's and genuinely wants to help prospective customers get the best deal possible. It was a pleasure to meet him and I can't thank him enough for his assistance in completing this deal!

Hi everyone,

Twenty four hours after making my first post (above) on this forum, my search is over for a Leaf SL with Premium package in Metallic Slate, thanks to the amazing assistance and knowledge of Ron (Corina1231). Ron worked with the dealer near his house (Premier Nissan in San Jose, CA) on my behalf while picking up a second Leaf for his family. He has a great relationship with the salesman, Jason, and they were able workout an awesome deal for my SL Premium in Metallic Slate:

2yr/24k lease
$1500 down (include all fees + first month's payment)
$289/month inc. tax
$395 dispo fee
= $8542 total

Ron even worked with the dealer to complete a trade for my desired Metallic Slate from a different dealership when they realized my color wasn't in stock. Just over an hour after getting to the dealership, the paperwork and deal was complete.

As you can see from my earlier post, nearly $800 in savings vs. what I was quoted as basically rockbottom ($9318 total) from two other local dealers.

Ron is knowledgeable and passionate about EV's and genuinely wants to help prospective customers get the best deal possible. It was a pleasure to meet him and I can't thank him enough for his assistance in completing this deal![/quote]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Corina 1231 responded:

Thanks for your kind words, Mike. It was a lot of fun meeting you and your lovely wife and helping you land your car. We could have had a deal at about $200 less, at $280 not $289 a month, (about $8300) but the dealer incurred a cost in the trade for your color and the tax rate in the adjacent county you lived upped the cost slightly. Anyway I was happy to save you $800 and make new friends along the way. Enjoy your great car!

Cheers!

Ron

Bateman said:
dm33 said:

Haven't signed yet, but I'm assuming the usual $395 disposition fee as well. Hopefully nothing else.

Math I get is 24*239 = 5736... + 395 = 6131.

dm33 said:
Bateman said:
dm33 said:

Haven't signed yet, but I'm assuming the usual $395 disposition fee as well. Hopefully nothing else.

Math I get is 24*239 = 5736... + 395 = 6131.
I thought your down of $239 included the first month as usual. If not, your deal would be close to mine and Batemans for the same car. It would be the best deal to come out of North Carolina, but I'd still be surprised if the deal included TTL. If it does grab it pronto. If it doesn't you'll have to see how much more they want and decide. Good luck!

Thanks to this forum, Ron for all his posts, advice and offering to meet at the dealer and all of your for sharing your deal details, I was able to negotiate a get a good deal (i think) for my Leaf SV, with QC, LED package from Nissan Fremont. Here are the details

SV + LED &QC Pkg - Black on Black
2 Year/ 24K miles
$1000 down
$205.01 including taxes/month for 23 months
$395 Disposition Fees

Total: $5715.23 + $395 = $ 6110.23

Will be picking up my car in the next hour..

Hats off again to the folks on this forum and Ron for all the help you have provided to other Leaf buyers like me.

vc009 said:
Thanks to this forum, Ron for all his posts, advice and offering to meet at the dealer and all of your for sharing your deal details, I was able to negotiate a get a good deal (i think) for my Leaf SV, with QC, LED package from Nissan Fremont. Here are the details

2 Year/ 24K miles
$1000 down
$395 Disposition Fees

Hats off again to the folks on this forum and Ron for all the help you have provided to other Leaf buyers like me.
Right in line with our deals. It doesn't get any better than this. Aren't you glad your in Northern CA where dealers are stacked with Leaf inventory and ready to deal? Congratulations! Glad I could help.

Cheers!

Ron

Awesome deal vc009! Congrats on the new car!

vc009 said:

2 Year/ 24K miles
$1000 down
$395 Disposition Fees

North CA, Model S with Quick charger and rear camera:

2yr/24k lease
$2500 down (include all fees + first month's payment)
$152/month inc. tax
$395 dispo fee
= $6543 total

Not easy to find a Model S right now, and it's a little bit expensive with QC package ...

hippobay said:
North CA, Model S with Quick charger and rear camera:

2yr/24k lease
$2500 down (include all fees + first month's payment)
$152/month inc. tax
$395 dispo fee
= $6543 total

Not easy to find a Model S right now, and it's a little bit expensive with QC package ...
Hippobay, I'm sorry, are you saying you took this deal or are you asking others for advise on how to get a better deal?

Back