2012 Nissan Leaf For Sale How Much Should I ask for?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I have a 2012 Nissan leaf for sale, is the silver color, has 31K Miles

It does have a hitch and Wiring for connecting a trailer. ( I town 1 or 2 times at year a 4x8 trailer to buy some melamine boards at the home depot)
It has tinted windows
Has seat covers (driver side seems to be worn already)
Never smoked or never had any pets on this car neither childer.
Navigation with the original sd card
Backup camera
Solar Panel
Quick Charge Port
When I bought it the dealer said it was a SL Model
Seats are normal fabric seats.
Never had a problem with this car.
Condition
Small scratch on the back bumper close to where the hitch connects
small dime size scratch on front bumper.

Battery state of health is %82 (last checked on JUL 28 2016)
Tires are probably half life with one of them showing the edge a little bit worn
This car was bought on March 2015 for $11,500 With state of health %92
The car has always been park on the shade under a carport,
I work at home so car is always parked at least I need to go somewhere but most of the time is parked on the carport.
Live in Washington State

Reason I'm selling it
Don't drive too much, probably around 5-8k miles at year.
First registration fee was $48.00 For 2016, now the government wants $218 for the 2017 registration fee.
Some advice in how much I should sell this car for?

Deoc,

When I got my 2012 in the Tri-Cities in April, that would be an $8k car. There were no diffrence in trim pricing. Look up Lescovar Mitsubishi; I imagine all their 12's are gone though. You could see what is for sale around you-- you can always ask more; if it doesn't sell you can come down.

Below 30k miles there were priced at $9k. Above, $8k. fwiw.

Almost all the features you listed are standard for a '12 SL trim model. Now things like aftermarket window tinting and the trailer hitch/wiring may add to the base value but only if the buyer is interested in those features. It sounds like the battery is in pretty good health, a good selling point, if the buyer knows or you tell them.
From what I see, model year '12 and older sell for a fair amount less than '13 and newer, probably because of better battery chemistry and other nice features added after the model year '12. Pricing also varies quite a bit by market, to get an accurate price you'd need to know what '12 Leafs are selling for in your area of WA.
If no one from your area chimes in I guess I'd check out your local Craigslist.org, they always have quite a few Leafs in my market and almost all are from dealers who've purchased them from an auto auction and the vehicles seem to originate from areas like CA, TX or AZ to name a few of the more common areas I've seen.

Thanks, I will probably put it for 8.5K and see if it sells then I will drop the price if doesn't sell.

Back