2012 Leaf DTC Codes

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflemingnj

Hello,

Earlier this year I purchased a 2012 Leaf and now that the weather is getting cold I'm realizing that the heater doesn't work. I've obtained the DTC Codes through LeafSpy and there are a number related to the heater but before I started going through the codes I wanted to understand the best approach for generating current codes. For example, I see codes in there relating to low tire pressure for all of the tires, which definitely aren't relevant at this time. I'm assuming I just clear the codes via the function in the app but when I began that process I was hit with a message indicating that it may prevent service from Nissan.

You can see my DTC code list here: https://glacia.net/img/2012NissanLeaf_DTC.png

I just want to understand the best way to get the latest active codes. e.g. should I clear the codes and then drive around for a while so the sensors get triggered and the active codes are regenerated? Is there any permanent harm in clearing the codes out?

Also, regarding the heater, is there anything obvious from my current code list that may indicate what the problem is?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

John

Personally, I would make sure the 12V battery is healthy and tires are properly inflated, clear the DTC codes, disconnect/reconnect the 12V battery, clear the DTC codes again, and then drive the car. Then check to see which DTC codes remain. There is no risk to clearing the freeze-frame data because many of those errors are probably related to a weak or discharged 12V battery.

Back