2011 Nissan Leaf stats after full charge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PompeyPaul

Did a 100% charge last night, current air temp around 10 Degrees C. Leaf Spy reports the following:

252 GIDs (89.7%)
SOC 93.3%
19.5 kWh remain

So I'm confused as to whether I have 7.7% battery degredation, or 10.3% battery degradation. I am pressuming GIDs (although not entirely sure what they are) are the amount of charge the battery can hold. As they seemed to be inextricably to kWh then I presume colder temps (i.e. 10 degrees) would see that improve slightly in the summer @ 20 degrees?

PompeyPaul said:
So I'm confused as to whether I have 7.7% battery degradation, or 10.3% battery degradation. I am pressuming GIDs (although not entirely sure what they are) are the amount of charge the battery can hold.
Yes, 10.3% battery degradation. The SOC will always be around 93-95% after a full charge no matter how much capacity the battery has lost.

PompeyPaul said:
Did a 100% charge last night, current air temp around 10 Degrees C. Leaf Spy reports the following:

252 GIDs (89.7%)
SOC 93.3%
19.5 kWh remain

So I'm confused as to whether I have 7.7% battery degredation, or 10.3% battery degradation. I am pressuming GIDs (although not entirely sure what they are) are the amount of charge the battery can hold. As they seemed to be inextricably to kWh then I presume colder temps (i.e. 10 degrees) would see that improve slightly in the summer @ 20 degrees?

its 10%

SOC is essentially how close to full charge you are and it maxes out around 93.6% but that is a percentage of current capacity

capacity is how much of the battery you have to use and its NOT 100%. there is stuff taken off the top and bottom you cant access so for all intensive purposes; this is what you need to look at.

another looser way to look at it is the GID reading. a new battery will measure 281 GIDs out of 300 of the full battery capacity with all but about 277 usable. 4 GIDs off the bottom more or less with 19 GID off the top. these you cant use.

now a full charge of your remaining capacity is 252 GIDs so you have 252/281 or 89.7% capacity left of your 100% "usable" capacity you had when the LEAF was new

keep in mind; these readings are not exact and shouldnt be treated as such but they do give a relatively accurate picture. it is very normal to see your GID readings vary 5-10 GIDs daily

Back