2011 Leaf will not charge Error codes P3196 and U1000 (x2)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to hear you've got it going again with a top up on the battery. You should still test the batteries health and replace if it shows any shortcomings. That AZ heat can be brutal on batteries and as noted above and elsewhere on this forum, that can be a huge source of many mysterious problems. How old is the 12v battery?

MBryant15 said:
... They were following their text book verbatim. Their problem solving stopped at the solution provided by their manual. ...
Nissan needs to fix the manual.
Many LEAF peoblems should start troubleshooting by disconnecting the 12V for a few minutes and then reconnecting it and jump starting with a good 12V battery. :shock: :eek: :( :D

speedski97 said:
the first step in the book is to check the battery voltage. often skipped over.
But voltage check alone sometimes doesn't tell the whole story.
My second one that failed apparently with a bad cell would show tolerable on voltage and would start.
But once any load was on it it would fail to power the vehicle systems sufficiently and the LEAF would not brake properly.

MBryant15 said:
Autonation on Gilbert and 202 SanTan. They were following their text book verbatim. Their problem solving stopped at the solution provided by their manual. I am thankful for the forum. As a consumer with a Leaf, you are stuck with few options other than listening to the Dealership. I will share my concerns with Nissan Corporate.

Wow! That is a shame. They are 1 of only 2 dealers in the Metro Area with a working free QC. Although the QC equipment isn't providing charge at full capability, at least it is still much faster than level 2. I like to promote the dealers that are working hard to keep their QC up and running and they have had the best track record for that. Too bad that this Leaf mechanic doesn't know how to work on the Leaf model well enough.

Back