2011, 2012 Nissan Leaf Leasing Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Basically if you have a friend of family member who works for Nissan or if your company is a Nissan vendor (mine is), then you get this special pricing program. It's worth asking. Only ONE dealer I worked with asked about this, and that's the one who got my business. None of the others even brought it up. And based on my own internal research at my company, we did NOT have such a deal with Nissan. But thankfully I was wrong.

Best I could do is a 2012 SL 270 a month nothing down. (Indianapolis) I am subsidizing the rest of you guys and gals so you all owe me a beer.

Elephanthead said:
Best I could do is a 2012 SL 270 a month nothing down. (Indianapolis) I am subsidizing the rest of you guys and gals so you all owe me a beer.

On the bright side, that's $12 a month better than I was offered. In another thread (the wrong one, it turns out), someone suggested that the $10150 NMAC was no longer stackable with the $8500 dealer cash.

bronsonb said:
Basically if you have a friend of family member who works for Nissan or if your company is a Nissan vendor (mine is), then you get this special pricing program. It's worth asking. Only ONE dealer I worked with asked about this, and that's the one who got my business. None of the others even brought it up. And based on my own internal research at my company, we did NOT have such a deal with Nissan. But thankfully I was wrong.

Thanks for filling me in — good to know about this stuff! Unfortunately my employer doesn't have a vendor relationship.

I'm not an expert, but my hunch is that I might have better luck at the end of this week, assuming someone else doesn't bite on the car. I've read that the end of the month is when the salesmen are a little more concerned about meeting their quotas. Failing that, Nissan might offer even more incentives to unload 2012s that are still kicking around in March. (They wouldn't decrease the incentives on an out-of-date model, would they?)

If it doesn't work out, I'll just plan on a 2013 model down the road.

Elephanthead said:
Not really. Any extra money you paid pretty much goes right into the dealer's pocket. Virtually none of it goes back to Nissan.

We got our 2012 SL for $270/month, nothing down, three weeks ago in Iowa, and that was after pitting three dealers against each other, and dropping the price from $335/month to $270/month for 36 month, 12K mile lease. Given that two of the three dealers refused to go any lower to make the sale, there must just be some reason they don't discount any lower here in the midwest.

What does everyone think is a fair purchase price for a 2012 SL going into the lease? I think I should better understand the price of the vehicle before I seal the deal.

The original MSRP is $38650 after the $850 delivery cost, but of course the 2013 costs a few thousand less than that already. Either car will have the $7500 off that for the lease, but the full $10150 NMAC credit ($3650 extra) only goes to the 2012 models.

So what should the dealer be willing to go down to before the NMAC discount? Is somewhere in the 3300s unreasonable?

Nissanusa.com says that the $199 lease deal ends in 2 days. any one have any information if this will be extended or a new deal will be out?

frayz said:
Nissanusa.com says that the $199 lease deal ends in 2 days. any one have any information if this will be extended or a new deal will be out?

I was wondering the same. I would assume that they would continue to try to get rid of any excess 2012 inventory, but then again maybe now that they don't have nearly as many 2012s in lots, they're less concerned about moving them. Do they usually not announce the next month's deals until the 1st?

What area do you live in, Frayz?

Yeah, I'm sure they have something planned, but I don't know if the deals usually leak a few days in advance or not.

Just moved back to the area ... NW Indiana ... in market for Leaf. Thought I'd buy a 2012.
But talking to a neighbor, who had one, she's telling me that the 2012 Leaf has depreciated 50% in 10 months?
That a friend of hers went to trade one in on another Nissan car and the Nissan web site said it was worth $18,000 for trade in. Yet it was $38,000 originally? Am I missing something? If a car goes down in value that much, who would buy one?

Keep in mind that $7500 of that depreciation comes from the tax rebate. Used buyers can't get the tax rebate, so the price of a used car is going to be that much lower. That should definitely be factored in. (That's not to say that the vehicles haven't depreciated, just that it's not quite as dramatic. Looking a prices on eBay, I haven't been wooed by super-low prices.)

But the unpredictable resell factor is a reason I'm looking for a nice lease deal on a 2012 instead of purchasing one.

Out of curiosity, what were your neighbor's thoughts on the car itself, outside of price?

nsps said:
Keep in mind that $7500 of that depreciation comes from the tax rebate. Used buyers can't get the tax rebate, so the price of a used car is going to be that much lower. That should definitely be factored in. (That's not to say that the vehicles haven't depreciated, just that it's not quite as dramatic. Looking a prices on eBay, I haven't been wooed by super-low prices.)

But the unpredictable resell factor is a reason I'm looking for a nice lease deal on a 2012 instead of purchasing one.

Out of curiosity, what were your neighbor's thoughts on the car itself, outside of price?
She loves the idea. What would you pay for a 2012 lease?

gr33ny said:
nsps said:

Some on the forum have said that they wouldn't pay more than $199/month, zero down, but others haven't been able to get their dealers down that low. I am in the final stages of negotiation on mine, so I'll let you know how it goes.

Here is the offer I have on the table, if anyone has any thoughts on it:

MSRP: $38650
Car sales price before $10150 NMAC cash: 36,939
Residual: 47% = 18,165.50
MF: .00003
Monthly rate: $281 pre-tax, $300 after tax.
No cash down.
Presumed additional cap fees, calculated by me based on the rest of the numbers: $1,434.
Tax is 6.85%

END OF TERM
Disposition fee: $395
Buy fee: $150.
(I'm told these are set by Nissan.)

To me, the main hurdle is the sales price, which doesn't get me all that far below MSRP on a 2013 SL after the additional $2,650 in NMAC cash. The price listed on their website is $35150, which is more reasonable, but they didn't offer me that. I offered $34650, but no bite yet. I guess it all depends on how desperate they are to get the car off the lot, and if there are other possible buyers. The MF is excellent, though.

Is paying that much in fees normal, or should I be able to get that down as well?

MSRP: $38650
Car sales price before $10150 NMAC cash: 36,939
Residual: 47% = 18,165.50
MF: .00003
Monthly rate: $281 pre-tax, $300 after tax.
No cash down.
Presumed additional cap fees, calculated by me based on the rest of the numbers: $1,434.
Tax is 6.85%

North Central Indiana, I got my 2012 SL a week ago for $1000 down, $264/mo including tax, 39 month term, 15,000 mi/yr.

Dealer seemed pretty firm - take it or leave it.

Would have been $7.67/mo more had I not noticed some ridiculous theft insurance they tried to tack on. "Everybody takes it" they said. -pfft.

Yeah, they're pretty firm on mine too. I figure I'll see if Nissan sweetens the deal at all for March. Otherwise I can get a pretty sweet deal on an i-MiEV.

nsps said:
gr33ny said:
nsps said:

Some on the forum have said that they wouldn't pay more than $199/month, zero down, but others haven't been able to get their dealers down that low. I am in the final stages of negotiation on mine, so I'll let you know how it goes.

I just got $201 for 24 mo, $0 out of door (first payment only), 15K for an SV w/Splashguards. Residual was about 19K.
I think this is unusual. They don't sell many Leafs in this area since its not really "metropolitan", and this had obviously been sitting on the lot for some time. I wish I had the breakdowns for you to line up with your own cost. The "sale" offer was $274/mo, $0 down.

Back