14.4 Miles/kWh!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adder70

My car rules on efficiency! :)

I didn't even have to go a special way to get it! I just reset at the top of my driveway. (Hey, even a 20ft drop helps!) I headed toward work and noticed the efficiency hitting 9 then 10 mpk, so when I pulled out, again a bit hilly but more downhill, I watched closely and drove carefully to regen any momentum. A mile or so further and I hit 12.4 just before decelerating. Maybe it wasn't safest thing, but in the interest of seeing the biggest number, I regenned to a stop at the bottom of a hill on the road (yes, while carefully watching the mirrors for cars behind me.) and noticed 14 mpk. As I pulled away, the number continued to rise to 14.4 before it jumped back down to 12.7 and further down.

It's funny what makes you yell and give a fist pump some days. Maybe I'm just weird, (Ok, I know I'm weird, but maybe that's just another aspect of my weirdness!) but it was a fun challenge. :D

adder70 said:
My car rules on efficiency!

Can't top my car.

The first mile of my commute is downhill on quiet roads. I've hit 99.9 miles/kWh over that first mile with my 2012. You can't top that. Reset after backing out of garage. Only in summer, best effort in winter with wet roads, headlights and usually wipers is about 60 miles/kWh. Almost all coasting or regeneration.

WetEV said:
adder70 said:
My car rules on efficiency!

Can't top my car.

The first mile of my commute is downhill on quiet roads. I've hit 99.9 miles/kWh over that first mile with my 2012. You can't top that. Reset after backing out of garage. Only in summer, best effort in winter with wet roads, headlights and usually wipers is about 60 miles/kWh. Almost all coasting or regeneration.

No, but I've hit 68 m/kW h on flat road for about one mile! :mrgreen:

Back