11 days left- which EVSE is available?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They might have a "pile of them", but they don't want to sell them "Cash & Carry" to customers now, unless your Leaf delivery is very soon. Their gravy train is running out soon, and they know it... my guess, those AV EVSEs will end up on eBay within 1 year, after AV dumps them and gets out of the EVSE business, when they come to their senses.

I appreciate everyone's point of view, but it would be even more appreciated if someone could directly answer my original question with reasons to back up their opinions.

Coloumb (40A) at $1850 or Clipper Creek (40A) at $2250?

Thanks,
Tim

Coloumb looks nicer and has a 4" profile out from the wall vs 6" on the CC
Holster on the J connector also looks better on the Coloumb
I have seen the CC in person and it just looks too industrial for at home
JMHO

tgrich said:
I appreciate everyone's point of view, but it would be even more appreciated if someone could directly answer my original question with reasons to back up their opinions.

Coloumb (40A) at $1850 or Clipper Creek (40A) at $2250?

Thanks,
Tim

The CC unit is proven and high quality but I would not buy either, I would wait till next year. No L2 EVSE is worth over a couple hundred.

smkettner said:
Coloumb looks nicer and has a 4" profile out from the wall vs 6" on the CC
Holster on the J connector also looks better on the Coloumb
I have seen the CC in person and it just looks too industrial for at home
JMHO

Yes CC looks and is industrial, nothing is going to be able to break a CC unit, they designed to be used in public places... Also CC has been in the EVSE business for a long time, and has smartmeter integration options, etc. I'm going with the grossly oversized CS-100 to be able to charge any high current EV that comes out in the future.

If you don't want to spend the money, then don't, the EVSEs will be getting less costly as time moves on, don't buy it just because of the %50 tax credit.

But, these at Leviton are the commercial units, right?

Who makes the Coulomb unit?

I have not seen one.
Can they actually ship today?

I decided to wait for a smaller-sized unit.

I know nothing except the Coulomb is listed on the Leviton site
And yes just the commercial units are shown

And for what it is worth: "Available now - call your local Leviton Sales Representative for details"

garygid said:
But, these at Leviton are the commercial units, right?

Who makes the Coulomb unit?

I have not seen one.
Can they actually ship today?

I decided to wait for a smaller-sized unit.

Coulomb makes the Coulomb unit, they are an EVSE mfr. If you think that the Clipper Creek unit is expensive, then forget about the Coulomb units, these start in the $4-6K area. They are designed for commercial use... Coulomb uses these for the "ChargePoint Network", which they run.

Rush said:
DarkStar said:
Rush said:
Don't forget about the $2000 tax deduction before the end of the year...
Except that this isn't an EVSE and can't be applied to the tax deduction.

I'm not sure what you say is correct...

EVSE is an acronym for Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment. The Plug and Inlets I'm supplying ARE EVSE.

For the the tax deduction check out this link -http://www.pluginamerica.org/why-plug-vehicles/state-federal-incentives
Scroll down to 'Federal Incentives - for Charge Stations' and you will see, "Tax credit equaling 50% of the cost to install an EV charge station (as well as other alternative fuel stations), with a maximum $2,000 credit for each station installed. Businesses may take tax credits up to a maximum $50,000 credit for larger installations. Applies to qualifed equipment installed before the end of 2010."

Rush
http://www.TucsonEV.com
http://www.TEVA2.com

You have PARTS of an EVSE, that is NOT an EVSE. There is a difference.

You need to find READ and COMPREHEND the J-1772 standard, you are dead WRONG

That's all I have to say about this charlatan, mods, these posts should probably be deleted, before "rush" gets someone killed.

mitch672 said:
You need to find READ and COMPREHEND the J-1772 standard, you are dead WRONG

That's all I have to say about this charlatan, mods, these posts should probably be deleted, before "rush" gets someone killed.

Wow... I guess that says it all... after only about 3 hrs on this forum I've been called a charlatan :lol:

You need to chill dude.... just relax ;) , keep it civil and stop with the name calling.

I don't want to get into a pi**ing match with you about who knows what better...
If you don't like what I'm selling, don't buy it...

Rush
http://www.TucsonEV.com
http://www.TEVA2.com

Rush, you shouldn't even be posting here, advertisers typically PAY for that privelege.

again, you have no pilot generation devices, and your "jury rigged, hacked" J-1772 won't work. Its more than just applying power, and you know it.

Back