105 mile trip. Whew!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wantonsoup

Went 105 miles the other night on a whim to pick up a Craigslist purchase. I have never charged outside my home before, and found a Walgreens en route I figured I'd get a little boost from. I thought they all were free. I pulled up to the charger and it was a fee-based unit that required an RFID card to wave in front to use. I had no such card. So I went for it. It was a cool night and I was able to turn the A/C off thankfully.

Drove slow, on the highway (not CRAZY slow, always above 40-45 mph) and watched the car create tree after tree for me on the dash. When I got to the seller's house, I still had something like 80 miles range left displayed (after going about 50+ miles!) So i gave it a little more gusto on the ride home and watched the range plummet quickly. So I went back into hypermiling mode and made it home. With 0 miles range remaining. It was a blast.

a8mr.jpg

At the very end did the miles reading go away and just --- displayed? Was your trip mostly flat? I could never get away with that in Seattle... there is always a hill somewhere and I live on top of one! I hate how Walgreen's charges now... In my area it's run by Sema Charge. I went ahead and gave them 20 bucks to get a pass just in case.

Yeah I believe it did just say ---. This was in Colorado - there was a couple thousand feet of elevation change there and back. Not going up to a ski resort or anything, but it certainly wasn't flat.

wantonsoup said:
Went 105 miles the other night on a whim to pick up a Craigslist purchase.

As the 70th person to exceed 100 miles on a single charge, I do hereby invoke the special charter of the 100 Mile Club to crown you Mr. 70.

You shall be granted all rights and privileges of this title, and further, you shall receive the uber secret password to gain admittance to the Club House. May you hold this trust in perpetuity, passed down from generation to generation.

Tony Williams
100 Mile Club Member Emeritus

What an honor! This medal is really heavy though. If I wear it in the Leaf it'll surely hurt my range... how ironic.

:eek: congrats that is a huge deal.. I get to 15% and start to freak. They must build in a little hidden charge just to get you where you need to get too..

Again very impressive and hope that one day! I never have to join that club.. .(though I think it would be pretty cool) :)

H

Back