100 Mile Club, 200 km, 300 km, 200 Mile Club (24kWh LEAF)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I joined the 150 Mile Club! And the 200km Club! It was my 3rd time going past 100 miles in my 2015 (now with 636 miles on it).

1st time http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7022&start=780#p394266" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2nd time http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7022&start=790#p395426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Where I live it's very hilly. There is literally nowhere nearby that is flat ground for very long. I figured that the best place to try for long distance is a state park nearby with a 25mph speed limit for a 5 mile loop. There are 2 stop signs along the loop, and 120 meters of elevation gain (and loss) during the loop (according to Google). I drove probably 100 of the miles in that loop. The rest was doing some errands and driving to and from the park. My mi/kwh dropped some when I left the park and started doing errands (from 7.5ish in the park to 7.2 in my garage again). I got to the point where the SOC indicator went from 5% to --- and then drove another 2-3 miles. I probably had another 5 or more in there, but I live at the top of a hill and didn't want to get stuck. I had not lost any power circles yet.

Full charge at start
ueyJKth.jpg

100 miles midway
9j3xP5O.jpg

150 miles efficiency meter
7fyCJOO.jpg

150 miles SOC
ct3mhNy.jpg

forummm said:
I joined the 150 Mile Club! And the 200km Club! It was my 3rd time going past 100 miles in my 2015 (now with 636 miles on it).

Holy SMOKES !!! That is some real driving!

Hearing no dissent, I hereby bequeath you with the pinnacle of true "80 mile range" LEAF driving, the 200km Club and the new 150 Mile Club.

I'm truly humbled by your accomplishments, and it is rare that an accomplishment makes me want to pop into a car and beat a record, but now I may have to rethink that. I wonder if I could "test drive" a LEAF from the local dealer for about 8-10 hours?

Welcome aboard,

There were so many inefficiencies with all the stopping and hills in my route. I also had to use regen or braking to not go over the speed limit many times on the big downhill runs--they have cops all over the place in that park. I bet someone could get around 200 miles if they had a nice flat track with no stopping. It would just get boring.

Tony, from your earlier posts, it looks like you can get up to 11 mi/kWh sustained at 15 mph. So it seems totally feasible that someone could best 200 miles if they had a new Leaf, the right track, and a day to kill.

forummm said:
Tony, from your earlier posts, it looks like you can get up to 11 mi/kWh sustained at 15 mph. So it seems totally feasible that someone could best 200 miles if they had a new Leaf, the right track, and a day to kill.

Plus, you want high "density altitude" for the lowest aerodynamic drag and highest temperature of the battery for highest stored energy.

Yes, it would be very boring, but I think the bragging rights might be worth the pain.

Tony

New member to 100-mile here, in a 3-month-old 2015 S. As the photos show, I probably could have made 200-km too, but didn't have the time/patience on this rainy day. I'll leave that to a sunnier and dryer day.

Elevation ranged from roughly 50 to 1000' above sea level (and then back down to 50), with plenty of rolling hills in between.
Beg_100-mile-club_960.jpg
Sorry for the blurry "End" picture:
End_100-mile-club_960.jpg

Edit: Fixed 'than to then' typo!

Exactly one spot remains in the club that is coveted around the world, the 100 Mile Club. Not to be confused with the Mile High Club, the 100 Mile Club has limited membership of only 100 persons (plus, the Fire Marshall limits our decrepit old building to 100).

So, the race is on. Who will be "Mr. 100"?

Tony Williams
100 Mile Club Member Emeritus

Not sure this will count as I didn't get my starting charge

Wasn't intending on going for a record.

Route was from Surprise AZ to Scottsdale up to Cave Creek then back down to Surprise.

2015 sv

Leaf is a bit over a month old.

Good job a month in. I was still flooring it at all the traffic lights to feel the smooth/quiet EV acceleration that early on.

Man, I wish I could still get 100 miles + when averaging 5.1 miles/kWh

mikesus said:

Route was from Surprise AZ to Scottsdale up to Cave Creek then back down to Surprise.

2015 sv

Mikesus,

Congratulations on reaching the final seat in the uber exclusive 100 Mile Club.

Only club memberships over 100 miles is excepted this point forward.

Tony

philipscoggins said:
Good job a month in. I was still flooring it at all the traffic lights to feel the smooth/quiet EV acceleration that early on.

Man, I wish I could still get 100 miles + when averaging 5.1 miles/kWh

I have had a number of Hybrids including a Insight (managed 100mpg in it :) )

but I really learned when I had my Solectria

TonyWilliams said:
mikesus said:

2015 sv

Mikesus,

Congratulations on reaching the final seat in the uber exclusive 100 Mile Club.

Only club memberships over 100 miles is excepted this point forward.

Tony

Save room for me there too ;)

I just checked and actually I was off on when we got the leaf. We have only had it 3 weeks, thought it was 5... Time flies.

As one of the "early and often" members of the Club, my understanding of the rule is that if you attest to the fact that the 100-plus mile reading is bona fide, and give some credible details of the driving conditions, etc., you do not need to provide hard formulas proving your accomplishment. If our Sergeant at Arms lets you into the Club, I will hereby be the first to welcome you, MISTER ONE HUNDRED!

N1ghtrider said:
As one of the "early and often" members of the Club, my understanding of the rule is that if you attest to the fact that the 100-plus mile reading is bona fide, and give some credible details of the driving conditions, etc., you do not need to provide hard formulas proving your accomplishment. If our Sergeant at Arms lets you into the Club, I will hereby be the first to welcome you, MISTER ONE HUNDRED!

Thanks! Given that the highest record was local to me, I will take that as a challenge. :D If I didn't end up on the 303 doing 55-60 I think I could have made at least 125...

Back