Cabin air filter access on 2022?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reagle

I've had this figured out on our 2018, but Nissan added knee airbags to the 2022 model. I no longer see an easy to yank out panel under the glovebox. Has anybody changed cabin air filter on a 2022 yet?

Hello All, I'm just curious if anyone has any updates on how to access the cabin filter for the 2022/2023 model?

Hello All, I'm just curious if anyone has any updates on how to access the cabin filter for the 2022/2023 model?
You need to remove the glove box. There is a YouTube video on this. Should take 15 mins tops.

And you'll see a few who break the cover's latch taking it off. It's very hard to pull the latch away and pull the cover off to the right. I made a small "tool" to get behind the latch. I had a lot of trouble getting it back on as well. Its a snug fit and you've jammed the filter thorough the small opening and the cover pushes further on it. Because of its location and accessibility, it's really a bad design IMO. If you're younger and more flexible it'll probably be easier for you than it was for me.

I haven't done it yet on my 2022, but I was able to pop the cover plate off as seen in the pictures. If you are bit of a contortionist It looks doable without removing the glove compartment. You might want to try this first before removing the glove compartment.

1. Remove the cover plate below the air bag. It just pops off with your fingers.
2. Remove the filter door. Be careful you don't break the tab. Have a spare just in case.
3. Remove the filter. This looks to be a pain.
4. Install the new filter with the air flow pointing to the inside the cabin. This looks to be a pain too.
5. Install the filter door.
6. Install the cover plate the sets below the air bag.

Attachments

• coverplate.jpg
    coverplate.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 0
  • filter cover.jpg
    filter cover.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 1
Not a bad video here. Brief. I'm about to do it on my '22. Nissan likes things difficult.

Back