Sudden drop in range?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leaftekna2019

Hi,
I've had my Leaf for about two years and have since gotten to know it really well.
The other day, I noticed a sudden drop in the estimated range when fully charged.
The car has always shown around 250km when fully charged, and for about a week it shows about 190km.
While I do know this is closer to the actual range of the car, I still wonder why it just dropped like that?
Did it update itself over the WIFI and now show another range?
Is the battery telling me that it is slowly getting worse?

In addition, I feel like the battery percentage is lowered more on my commute to work.
I used to get to work on around 20% while driving like an old woman. Today it took around 30%.

Im grateful for any help and/or ideas.

Kindly,
Mikael.

Most likely a weak/bad cell pair; lots of threads to search/read without going through it all again.
Seems to be more and more of these lately...including mine (I recently replaced a weak cell/module).

Leaftekna2019 said:
Oh wow, is this something you replaced by yourself? If not, what was the price tag, if you don’t mind me asking?
I did it myself...but I don't recommend it (unless you are an engineer/mechanic/technical).
If you can convince the dealer to do it (and that's a whole other discussion), it's typically in the thousands of dollars. That's mostly labor, but modules (like whole packs) are scarce these days; I wouldn't be surprised if they quoted you availability in months (I purchased my replacement module on eBay). YMMV.

Back