Prius v3 (2023-)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

404yoy

1.png

It looks so nice and more efficient hybrid powertrain... So tempting to get this as my 2nd car in the future when I pay off/trade in my Leaf compared to other PHEV/BEVs...

The Prius sure has come a long way for hybrids like the Leaf for EVs... A special starter of progressive transportation awe.

Reckon it'll be great for those popular living in Prius builds as well in the near future on YouTube etc...
Just thoughts on it being a future purchase in case incentives apply for it being a PHEV.

It's not really "v3". It would be gen 5.

Gen 1 that we got in the US was NHW11. That spanned (IIRC) 01 to 03 model years. There was a JDM-only NHW10 that looked similar on the outside to NHW11 (like a Toyota Echo) but it was Japan only. It didn't have a touchscreen but rather buttons below its color LCD.

I had a gen 2 Prius (NHW20) that spanned 04 to 09 model years.

Then came the gen 3 ZVW30 ('10 to '15). A plug-in version aka PiP became available starting w/model year '12.

After that was gen 4 that spans '16 to '22. Its plugin version was the Prius Prime.

cwerdna said:
It's not really "v3". It would be gen 5.
geometry dash lite
Gen 1 that we got in the US was NHW11. That spanned (IIRC) 01 to 03 model years. There was a JDM-only NHW10 that looked similar on the outside to NHW11 (like a Toyota Echo) but it was Japan only. It didn't have a touchscreen but rather buttons below its color LCD.

I had a gen 2 Prius (NHW20) that spanned 04 to 09 model years.

Then came the gen 3 ZVW30 ('10 to '15). A plug-in version aka PiP became available starting w/model year '12.

After that was gen 4 that spans '16 to '22. Its plugin version was the Prius Prime.

I agree with you. The third generation Prius does not have a coolant thermos. Instead, the engine is heated by recapturing exhaust heat.

Are you sure about that? We had a '13 PIP and I'm fairly sure I saw the bottle in the diagram when I was trying to diagnose it a few years ago... Maybe only the PIP had one, because of the longer engine off times?

Back