Buying crashed Leaf 2018 40kWh for my Leaf 2014

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vedranius

Hi all,
I'm buying a crashed Leaf 2018 40kWh so I can upgrade my 24kwh battery to 40kwh.
As front part of a Leaf is intact (outside and inside), and car is still working, what parts would you suggest to keep for my old 2014 Leaf, which to exchange when upgrading the battery, and which to sell?

Thanks a lot!

Keep the (bottom) battery covers from the new Leaf, as the holes on the old covers don't line up with the new battery pack. The front cover is OK, but the other 2 don't.

Stanton said:
Keep the (bottom) battery covers from the new Leaf, as the holes on the old covers don't line up with the new battery pack. The front cover is OK, but the other 2 don't.

Huh, thats good to know.
But I think that covers might be crashed too if rear part is. damaged...
But battery seems to be fine when checked through LeafSpy.

vedranius said:
Stanton said:

Huh, thats good to know.
But I think that covers might be crashed too if rear part is. damaged...
But battery seems to be fine when checked through LeafSpy.
If the pack itself isn't damaged (front to back), then the covers underneath the car are probably OK (unless something impacted them directly). Remember, the front cover (which likely doesn't survive a front impact) doesn't matter.

very curious on this myself too, keep us posted what you end up paying for a 2018! And are you in the US or somewhere else?

Back