V2H flashover unable to charge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drc38

While discharging via a V2H unit from an AZEO leaf the V2H unit flashed over / blew a capacitor on the DC side and presumably triggered some DC protection circuits (or caused a failure in the car) .

The car still drives but is in turtle mode and will not charge. It threw the following errors initially and then after clearing to a P3196 and U1000 on the EV/HEV and HV BATTERY systems (see images below).

From what I can tell it points to the PDM unit having failed, but before I go ahead and get a replacement unit is there any other tests I can run to confirm? anything that can be checked on the ev-can or car-can buses?

ZN0NQ2w.jpg

RwwMs8m.jpg

I think your list of DTC's pretty much everything you are going to get out of the car.
I don't know what type of V2H device you were using, but it might be useful to post here so others don't make the same mistake. Obviously this is not "stock" functionality for a Gen1 Leaf (at least in the US).

The V2H unit is a Setec, hard to know where the flashover occurred but a capacitor between the DC rails blew and there is also carbon on the units DC connector.

Most of the DTC's are CAN bus communication errors. Before more serious troubleshooting, try clearing DTC's again. Then disconnect 12V battery for a few minutes, reconnect, clear DTC's, and then repeat the process. I have found that it sometimes takes two or three times of clearing codes and disconnecting/reconnecting the 12V battery to eliminate all CAN bus communication errors so that normal functions are restored.

Thanks, I've done a couple of 12V disconnects and clearing of DTCs. I'll try a few more times just in case.

When clearing the HEV/EV DTC turtle mode disappears then returns and the green charging light flashes, not sure if this is simply normal or could be useful information?

I'll try an active poll of the charger next at 0x792

Back